UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Sprinting and Hillclimbing an S2000

Old 01-03-2016, 07:08 AM

Received 56 Likes on 41 Posts
Default Sprinting and Hillclimbing an S2000

After going to watch at Harewood hillclimb and few of us hired Curborough a couple of times last year MTunreal (Mike) and myself decided that we would like to join in the fun for 2016, to get a taste and learn what happens a meet we both entered a couple of sprints at the end of last season, While I chugged around Mike took to it like a duck to water coming 3rd at his first sprint and 2nd in his 2nd sprint , we were well and truly hooked and have decided to do the Curborough sprint championship http://user28967.vs.easily.co.uk/red...with-lifeline/ which is 8 rounds with your best 6 from 8 counting towards the championship.
We are hoping to be joined by Lee, Alex and Ricardo and the possibility of other S2000's competing at some meets, Hopfully we will also try do a few hillclimbs as well time and funds dependent,

Really looking forward to the season and will report back good or bad,
Old 01-03-2016, 07:26 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good luck with the sprints. I shall be competing in hill climbs this year at Wiscombe and Charmouth after two years in a highly modified MR2. The S2000 should be fun and hopefully handles just as well as the MR2.

Neil
Old 01-03-2016, 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by seatonsurfer
Good luck with the sprints. I shall be competing in hill climbs this year at Wiscombe and Charmouth after two years in a highly modified MR2. The S2000 should be fun and hopefully handles just as well as the MR2.

Neil
Brill, good luck in your season as well, keep us posted on your exploits as well it will be good to see how we all go on, i will be learning the ropes this year
Old 01-03-2016, 07:42 AM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Great idea to start a thread Ray.

We've had a really good start to sprinting with all the track days, schooling and works days. The main thing I've enjoyed about sprinting, is being part of the community. Having only attended a few meetings, regulars are already starting to give you the friendly nod as you walk past. Nearly everyone is open to talk about sprinting, the course, cars, rulings etc etc. It just a very open and friendly sport, as the competition is really between you and the circuit. You almost feel instantly at home on the circuit and its a very relaxed atmosphere.

It was great on the school day we attended to learn about sprinting, the course and general racing habits. When one of the coaches realized that we would be competing in the same class as him, he started joking about telling us the wrong lines on purpose. He's been sprinting and racing for 30+ years (plus course record holder for 20yrs), and has a wealth of experience he is only willing to share. That's the sort of characters you find in sprinting, maybe someone against you in the championship but equally they can have a laugh with you. It was only a couple of weeks afterwards we were up against him, and I placed just 0.01 seconds behind him. Post scoring, we had a laugh about it and he congratulated me and Ray on our first sprint and looking forward to future sprints with us. No animosity at all, just really chuffed he had a hand in introducing us to the world of sprinting.

Its shaping up to be an interesting championship this year. You don't see enough S2K's on the sprint circuits, but hopefully this year we will have quite the little team. Although we are all mates, its going to be a good laugh and we won't let the urge to win take over (Ricardo, I'm talking to you bud haha). That's kind of the spirit of sprinting, turn up in your daily/prepped car, have a natter and blast around the circuit. Very sociable event with some extremely knowledgeable and talented drivers.
Old 01-03-2016, 07:48 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Perhaps with having the ability to walk a bit better now I may come and view the proceeds......Can I throw eggs?

Looking forward to it already.
Old 01-03-2016, 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by mr-pitts
Perhaps with having the ability to walk a bit better now I may come and view the proceeds......Can I throw eggs?

Looking forward to it already.
You certainly can Glen Lee loves eggs
Old 01-03-2016, 09:44 AM

Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts

I'll follow this thread with interest. I've a school day lined up at Gurston Hill in April, prompted by the last thread
Old 01-03-2016, 09:54 AM

Received 126 Likes on 107 Posts

Once I'm confident in the reliability of my SC setup, I'll be doing a Gurston or Curborough school day, I reckon. .
Old 01-03-2016, 11:50 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'll be attending the season but with my camera to start with, once I've got things sorted I'll be joining in next season. It should be a good laugh.
Old 01-03-2016, 12:58 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'll be sprinting in the southern events again this year. Hope the engine makes it past June this year!

Maybe see some of you at Gurston at some point.

Quick Reply: Sprinting and Hillclimbing an S2000