UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Old 01-31-2016, 09:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MrPerkles
Cheers lankan I will buy that book,I like reading about any car I've owned and learning about what makes them tick
I've never seen a rauh welt in real life and to be honest I don't want to they are hideous things,I don't understand how the bloke who makes them is considered a Porsche legend.Maybe I'm just getting old
I am not sure 'Introducing the Honda S2000' is in print. I bought it off eBay where it was listed as a "Hardback sales brochure", but it does contain more substance than just the usual sales-speak. Given that the only other reference I have seen is the rather expensive, but comprehensive, paperback publication spanning 128 pages, titled 'Honda S2000' by Daniel F. Carney (Motorbooks International, 5 Feb. 2001), I believe it is the next best source. Carney's book is discussed on this thread.

You are right. I don't think the creator of RAUH-Welt Porsches as a Porsche legend - at least not in the strictest sense of the word. I believe those creations are 'more show rather than go', by which I mean the signature is in the visual transformation and drama. I believe the mechanicals and suspension are outsourced, if they need to be tweaked. I remember watching RAUH-Welt featured on TV once, and you wouldn't have wanted to watch how the arches of an immaculate 993 were chopped up to weld the extensions! To me it was like watching open heart surgery.......I did wince.
Old 02-03-2016, 06:33 AM

Dropped my car off at the painters I use today to sort one of the rear wheel arch lips out,he is going to remove the bumper blend the paint in and do a proper job on it.Even though its underneath the wheel arch lip and you wont see it ,I asked about sorting the front wings and bonnet stonechips out but he said it looks good why bother.To be honest hes right ,I think I will drive it this spring/summer and maybe get it done next winter.
Other than that the cars driving nicely and I am looking forward to some better weather to go for a long blast in the countryside
Old 02-03-2016, 08:20 AM

Received 85 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by MrPerkles
Dropped my car off at the painters I use today to sort one of the rear wheel arch lips out,he is going to remove the bumper blend the paint in and do a proper job on it.Even though its underneath the wheel arch lip and you wont see it ,I asked about sorting the front wings and bonnet stonechips out but he said it looks good why bother.To be honest hes right ,I think I will drive it this spring/summer and maybe get it done next winter.
Other than that the cars driving nicely and I am looking forward to some better weather to go for a long blast in the countryside
Whilst he has the bumper off, the brackets that hold the number plate surround get really flakey, my guy fixed the surround in place with the adhesive used on windscreens, it's slightly flexible so should stay put.
Old 02-03-2016, 11:18 AM

Cheers mate I will have a look while the bumpers off,my painter likes my car and so will do a good job