UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Jack smiths

Old 01-14-2016, 02:45 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Jack smiths

Tomorrow is new roof day....

Who has had theirs done recently?

What did you think of Jack Smith roofs? I've heard generally good stuff so booked in before Xmas!!!
Old 01-14-2016, 02:59 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Mine's been fine. Nothing wrong with Jack Smith's unless you're Mikefifth or you've just bought an expensive hood elsewhere, in which case Smith's is rubbish, your car will catch fire and your cock will probably rot off.

Buy cheap, buy twice yawn blah blah etc.
Old 01-14-2016, 03:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

out of interest, are you getting him to re-use your current glass window or is he fitting a different unit on exchange?
Old 01-14-2016, 03:05 AM

Received 126 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by Fatbloke
Mine's been fine. Nothing wrong with Jack Smith's unless you're Mikefifth or you've just bought an expensive hood elsewhere, in which Smith's is rubbish, your car will catch fire and your cock will probably rot off.

:thumbup
Old 01-14-2016, 03:25 AM

Originally Posted by Fatbloke
Mine's been fine. Nothing wrong with Jack Smith's unless you're Mikefifth or you've just bought an expensive hood elsewhere, in which Smith's is rubbish, your car will catch fire and your cock will probably rot off.

Yes yes, very funny Ian.

I wouldn't recommend anyone going there as my hood is shite, whilst the quality of the materials is good the fitment is poor.

But heaven forbid someone speak foul of an s2ki treasure, no matter how bad their product is.
Old 01-14-2016, 03:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mikefifth
Originally Posted by Fatbloke' timestamp='1452772793' post='23851943

Yes yes, very funny Ian.

I wouldn't recommend anyone going there as my hood is shite, whilst the quality of the materials is good the fitment is poor.

But heaven forbid someone speak foul of an s2ki treasure, no matter how bad their product is.
He deliberately f@cked yours up cause you called him a racist!!
Old 01-14-2016, 03:47 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Have you any pictures to show the poor fitment please?? I obviously want it to be fitted correct because the car will be sat for a while as I'm at phase 1 training. I can't be dealing with dodgy fitting roofs and any associated issues like leaks or etc! Post up some pics if possible please.

He is using my rear window I believe
Old 01-14-2016, 03:59 AM

See this thread: https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/114...-like-a-sieve/

I have water leaking from the passenger side rubber seals front and back, and when I say leaking I literally mean a cascading waterfall, its horrendous. All seals have been treated, ive adjusted the window, swapped catches, non of it has fixed the issue. from what I have been reading there is not enough overhang of material here to direct water away and its therefore seeping into the rubber seals, filling them up and then depositing water all over my interior.

I have had to remove all the rear interior to find that the rear rain rail wasn't re-installed correctly which has lead to about 2 inches of stagnant water in my boot, soaking the boot material and making the car smell.

I am seriously less than impressed by all of the above.

But do bear in mind that a majority have come away with no issues.
Old 01-14-2016, 04:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How much are you paying out of interest as i need mine doing eventually
Old 01-14-2016, 04:19 AM

What are you training for, Winky?

Quick Reply: Jack smiths