Oregon S2000 Owners The Club forum for S2000 Owners in Oregon and SW Washington.

Hello.

Old 01-14-2016, 07:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello.

Just picked up an 01 silverstone and I'm currently on the way back from Florida.

Couldn't find any clean ones here in Oregon so there I went.

This one has a few dings here and there but the engine is reliable which is what I wanted.

Also it has a stage 3 clutch 6 puck that I'm having a hard time driving, so any ideas what I could sell it for? Previous owner says it has around 2k miles on it. Looking at going stock clutch since I'm staying stock for awhile.

Car checks out great, besides the rocker panels or bottom rails, idk what they're called but one place has a rust spot which looks minor so I'll sand thAt down and coat it with something. Any insights on this?

Thanks,

Sieu
Old 01-15-2016, 06:24 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Welcome. Good you found a solid car, now that it has been a while since production ended it is getting harder

There is little or no market for used clutches but your plan to go with OEM components is right on.
Old 01-15-2016, 12:28 PM
Community Organizer

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Welcome!

I may have a stock clutch that I can set you up with.
I'll have to look but I believe I got the stock one when I bought my AP2 which is currently running on an ACT street clutch.

for the rust, consider just spritzing it with WD40 which will help soften it and break it up to start with and give it a light rubdown with some ultra fine sandpaper, then clean it really well with some mineral spirits to remove the residue and then paint over it with a color-matched touch-up pen.
Old 01-15-2016, 05:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sabre
Welcome!

I may have a stock clutch that I can set you up with.
I'll have to look but I believe I got the stock one when I bought my AP2 which is currently running on an ACT street clutch.

for the rust, consider just spritzing it with WD40 which will help soften it and break it up to start with and give it a light rubdown with some ultra fine sandpaper, then clean it really well with some mineral spirits to remove the residue and then paint over it with a color-matched touch-up pen.
Will the ap2 clutch work with an ap1?

Also for the touch up paint, I feel like there's a rubberized material usually there. I might spray it with bed liner or something lol.
Old 01-16-2016, 09:49 AM
Community Organizer

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

They are interchangeable, yes.