S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

Issues with Viper alarm system / door locks

Old 01-19-2016, 09:10 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Issues with Viper alarm system / door locks

Hey guys,

My car was purchased with a Viper 5305V 2 Way Alarm system installed. It worked with no issues until about a month or two ago where the doors would intermittently not lock / unlock by remote.

Essentially what has started happening is that the alarm system will arm, but the door locks will not lock. I don't believe this to be an issue with the alarm system for the following reason. The doors are supposed to lock when you start the car, and unlock when you stop the car. Sometimes this occurs and sometimes it does not; unrelated to the state of the alarm system.

I feel as though this points to an intermittent relay issue, though is there a main relay that controls the door locks?? What else could this be?

Thanks so much.
Old 01-19-2016, 10:23 AM

It seems like there's a lot of people with similar issues, but most seems to be related to one side. My issues is occurring on both passenger and driver side.
Old 01-19-2016, 12:15 PM

Check the wiring issues I've seen overtime the connection becomes faulty... So i would go threw all the wiring from the brain too your factory harness.. If all looks well its a bad "brain" Viper sometimes replaces them if you send it in. Might be a good time to upgrade to a 5901 or higher.
Old 01-19-2016, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by profit_child
Check the wiring issues I've seen overtime the connection becomes faulty... So i would go threw all the wiring from the brain too your factory harness.. If all looks well its a bad "brain" Viper sometimes replaces them if you send it in. Might be a good time to upgrade to a 5901 or higher.
Sounds good! The fact that it's intermittent and has gotten progressively worse definitely leads me to think it's either a faulty connection or like you said the brain could just be dying. I think I'll trace the wires around to make sure nothing has gotten loose over time. If they all look good I'll contact viper.

Thanks!
Old 01-19-2016, 02:38 PM
oth

Received 54 Likes on 49 Posts

The alarm unit sends lock/unlock signals to the OEM keyless controller. There is no factory lock/unlock
when you start/stop the car, so that must be implemented in the Viper controller. Could be failing Viper
controller or keyless controller, but could easily be loose connections.
Old 01-20-2016, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by JermDorson
Originally Posted by profit_child' timestamp='1453238117' post='23856971
Sounds good! The fact that it's intermittent and has gotten progressively worse definitely leads me to think it's either a faulty connection or like you said the brain could just be dying. I think I'll trace the wires around to make sure nothing has gotten loose over time. If they all look good I'll contact viper.

Thanks!
I have the Viper diagram that is all color coded for s2000 install if you need it. I have done a few.
Old 01-20-2016, 03:14 PM

After some troubleshooting last night it seems like the only signal that was intermittent and is now totally broken is the unlock pulse. Profit_child, I'm going to send you a PM, thanks!!
Old 01-20-2016, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by profit_child
Originally Posted by JermDorson' timestamp='1453241280' post='23857043
[quote name='profit_child' timestamp='1453238117' post='23856971']

Thanks!
I have the Viper diagram that is all color coded for s2000 install if you need it. I have done a few.
[/quote]

I believe I found a copy on the12volt.com

I'll be checking this:

Door Lock, 3-pin connector
Blue: (-) UNLOCK OUTPUT
This (-) 500mA output connects to the (-) unlock wire in the vehicle or to a relay for vehicle speci c applica- tions. This wire will output a pulse when disarming the system. It can be programmed to unlock the vehicle when the ignition is turned OFF, and also has programmability for a double pulse output and for output duration (see Ign-controlled Locks, Door Lock Pulses or Door Lock Duration in Feature Menus for more detail).
Old 02-05-2016, 08:34 PM

A probing question to see how the alarm was installed. From your Viper System, does it have all 3 wires pinned in the door lock harness, white 3 pin (blue, red, and green) or just the outside two out of the three blue and green? IIRC the car is what they consider 5-wire system for locks, meaning the voltage switches between the wires and you can't simply hook up the - trigger blue or green wires from the remote start straight to the car directly. Last time I did a remote start/security system in one I believe it needed the 451m door lock relay to properly interface with the car.