UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Milltek exhaust opinion

Old 01-25-2016, 08:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Milltek exhaust opinion

Hello,

currently i have an HKS dual(for sale).
While i love the sound it do, i think is too loud for me. So i'm looking for a new exhaust.

My first thought was a Fujitsubo exhaust: quiet, no drone and shiny.
I did some more research and i found these Milltek exhausts: oem facelift look, 2.75 diameter and Milltek is a good known brand too.
Looking for info about this exhaust but i found only a few thread on s2ki with different opinion about sound and drone.
Do any of you have some reviwes of this exhaust, maybe compared to HKS or Fujitsubo?

Thanks
Old 01-25-2016, 10:23 AM

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

I run one of their single exhausts along with an unresonated test pipes and tegiwa manifold.

You're safe in terms of volume levels. Quieter than HKS exhausts.

Absolutely no drone on part throttle or cruising. When youre on the over run or deceleration there is a bit of a boom but it's not uncomfortable.

Other than that, it's a lovely exhaust. Can't grumble for the money
Old 01-25-2016, 10:33 AM
UK Moderator

Received 300 Likes on 258 Posts

WeatyGT has one, have a search
Old 01-25-2016, 12:48 PM

From what i read the drone should be minimal. One of the exhaust i would consider of i was looking for one.
Very nice tips too.

Haven't heard it irl though.
Old 01-25-2016, 01:12 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

https://youtu.be/V4DcxTQvi28

Video with oe manifold.

Imo and I'm obviously bias... It's the perfect balance... Oe looks larger tail pipes fit the recess perfectly. Improved performance, deep howl burble... No drone... Yes it's louder than oe but not a drown.

As mentioned part throttle is quiet but nice, open throttle is yummy.

The quality is very good, the fit is very good, the look is very nice, as is performance improvement and sound. Winner winner...

So from a totally bias point of view.... Just call Simon and Hendy Performance and get one. :-)

Here are some images of it for you.

Old 01-25-2016, 01:22 PM

Mine came with one, none of that lovley twirly centre pipe madness, but a complete system.
The down side is I have no experienece of any other system to compare against.

The upside is, what I do know, is that I love it.
The look of it.
And of coure the sound. I have no issues with drone on a cruise, but when you're on it, it is glorious.
Even the odd pop/bang on over run.
I guess if there another downside its that everyone else knows when you're on it too, and with so many current digitally tricked out computers on wheels masquerading as family hatchbacks, I do sometimes feel like I'm shouting and screaming but never pulling away or overtaking them! haha.

For a driving experience though I still wouldn't be without it, and am really looking forward to my lone roadtrip through Europe with the Monaco GP in the middle in May. Tunnels and alpine passes await!
Old 01-25-2016, 01:32 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It flows well too... 230.9bhp with a 2.75" diameter dual is decent numbers. Yes decat and manifold... But it's all got to flow out...

I've been to Ace a couple of times and to Brighton with the guys on here so a few have heard it...
Old 01-26-2016, 01:39 AM

Thanks for replies!
be quieter than HKS is a really good point, and i like the oem look too.
What about driving around 3-4k rpm? can you listen radio or speech with passenger?
Anyone compared it with a Fujitsubo? from the clips i heard Milltek sound deeper than Fuji on low rpm
Old 01-26-2016, 02:58 AM

Received 1,133 Likes on 996 Posts

No matter what anyone tells you all non-OEM S2000 exhausts have drone! Just depends on where it is and how bad. Drone also differs depending on OEM cat, high flow cat, and de-cat/test pipe so be sure to hear the exhaust you propose inside a car. Internet sound clips are useless due to sound clipping on both the recording side and your PC audio system. What sounds great on-line may be horrible inside the car. The Invidia Q300 certainly is! Also consider that we all have different tolerance levels for drone. Watching my wife put her fingers in her ears was a hint. I bought the Invidia Q300 system last spring based on opinions but never hearing one on or in a car. After a month or two of headache inducing drone behind a Berk high flow cat I sold it to fit the Medalion Touring.

Can't speak to the Milltek but my Tanabe Medalion Touring dual sounds wonderful behind a 63mm Berk high flow cat on my '06 AP2 and the same system on a buddy's '02 AP1. Tanabe states the sound level is under 93dBA and that's the measurement I found on mine on the car. The Speed Academy guys fitted this exhaust to their street legal "ASS2000" street-able race car to keep it legal on the street and at race tracks where there are sound restrictions. About 5 minutes into this episode:

https://www.youtube....h?v=KiFEP1tgZhU

There are opinions and expert-opinions. Watch a few of the Speed Academy videos and there's no doubt they're experts.

The Medalion Touring exhaust has "proper" round tips. I never liked the Accord/Civic tips the '04 and later used. But we all have our own opinions on what looks nicest on our cars.

-- Chuck
Old 01-26-2016, 03:13 AM

does the milltek system go all the way back to the headers and include a decat section ?

Quick Reply: Milltek exhaust opinion