New England S2000 Owners New England S2000 Owners

Giles eManage Ultimate - Looking for Giles

Old 01-28-2016, 03:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Giles eManage Ultimate - Looking for Giles

Hi All,

Apologies if this is the wrong section to post, but I'm referring to an older thread that was located in this section.

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/405...nage-ultimate/

Long story short - I'm looking for anyone who is still in contact with Giles Gilbert, he hasn't posted on here since 2011, but I was able to get in contact with him mid 2014. I purchased one of his pretuned Greddy eManage black edition from another member on here, when I had it installed it had issues and since the unit was locked I wasn't able to diagnose it, so I had to reach out to Giles. I found his contact, and decided to shoot him an email hoping he can help, to my surprise he replied and was really helpful to begin with.

I explained my issue and his response was the below.

"Probably the best course of action is to box everything up, including the O2 sensor and controller and mail it back to me in the USA. As soon as I get it I will test everything and recalibrate it too and get it back to you after we've tested it on a local S2000 of that year."

As I'm located in Australia, I was happy to send it back to him so he can have a look, I was hoping it would only take a month or two.. he seemed busy as communication was poor, and since he was doing me a favor I was patient. I waited and kept in contact hoping it would be sorted out, I've sent emails asking for updates, I would get a reply here and there, but nothing promising as he is busy working on other cars (I'm guessing he is still tuning). As I wasn't in a hurry, I didn't want to bug him, so I would be sending emails once or twice a month, each reply would be 'I will be looking at it this weekend' and it got quite repetitive, so I decided to tell him not to worry about it and to send it back so I can get a custom tune instead.

His reply..

"Sorry for the huge delay. Unacceptable on my part. I will look at it next week and make sure it is physically sound etc. I would like to do it this week but I also have a car that’s been waiting months too that I need to get finished." This was about April 2015.

Giving the benefit of the doubt, I decided to continue waiting.. and things started to repeat itself - poor communication with hardly any replies, so I told him to forget about it and send it back.

"Hi. i’ll get my wife to box it up and send it back." - June 2015. This was the last email I received.

I've been sending emails once a month hoping to get a reply. I haven't received a single reply and have practically given up. It's my last hope that someone here is still in contact with him and can assist.

Thanks
Old 02-01-2016, 08:12 AM

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Contact Scott at Granite State Dyno in Hudson, New Hampshire, he may be able to help locate him.
Old 02-01-2016, 10:17 AM
Community Organizer

Received 85 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by NH_s2k_Guy
Contact Scott at Granite State Dyno in Hudson, New Hampshire, he may be able to help locate him.
Don't bother! No seriously. I checked on the side with Scott already and it will not net any gain.

Sorry man. Keep trying or cut your losses and get a product that can be serviced/tuned locally.