UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

AJI Tuning, aka s2konroinds

Old 02-08-2016, 07:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AJI Tuning, aka s2konroinds

Just wanted to leave a post to let you guys know how satisfied I was with the work done by AJITuning, screen name s2konroids.

I live in the states (about 6000miles away!) and have an 04 that is built up completely natural aspirated. I got the bug for more power, so I recently had a SOS Supercharger Kit installed.

After the dyno tuning here, the car was incredibly fast, but sort of uncontrollable as there was a 200hp jump right at about 6000rpm. I would spin the tires in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gears when I hit 6000rpm. That made in uncontrollable, especially since it has no traction control.

AJ offered to take a look at my tune and see if he could do something to smooth out the power delivery. Turns out VTEC was engaging at 6000rpm causing the huge power jump. But, it wasn't the usual engagement based on throttle position and rpm. Using the AEM EMS V2, you can set VTEC to engage under virtually any condition, and in my case, in was set to engage at about 7.3psi of engine load.

That meant in didn't engage until I hit 7.3psi boost. Engagement was like having a high pressure fire hose barely tuned on (huge boost from a SC, but the valves not allowing the fuel/air in while under the low cam), then suddenly opening the hose nozzle and knocking you backwards (the high VTEC cam engaging).

AJ had me run some data logs by doing some WOT runs and saving them to AEMTuner in my laptop. Then I emailed him the tune itself and the data logs a few times back and forth, and he was able to fix things up, put the VTEC engagement where it should be, and fine tune the timing and fuel and other stuff....from 6000mile away. Love it!!

And, all for a very, very fair price.

I would highly recommend him to anyone out there looking for an etune, whether you live in his town, or 6000miles away.

I also like his thoroughness in doing it right even to just making sure my software and firmware was updated to the latest versions....something which lots of tuners won't due simply because they don't want to hassle learning a few new things it would require.

We are still in the process of doing the final fine tuning, but I have to figure out if my AEM Bosch 4.2 UEGO wideband sensor is reading correctly before will do the final WOT data log run.
I've found my AEM AFR gauge in the car is reading exactly 0.6 richer than the AEMTuner software indicates. So...which is correct is what I'm trying to figure out. What I've tested so far is that the software and the gauge will read the same if the sensor is disconnected (2.43 volts and 14.8AFR). The instructions say it should read 2.35 volts and 14.7AFR, so it's within tolerance as AEM says.

If I remove the 02 sensor from the exhaust, in free air it reads 4.43 volts and 18.7 AFR on the software. The gauge is reading "---" of course. I'm not sure, but I though in free air it should read about 4.99-5.0 volts?

Anyway, after I sort that out, we'll do the final run and I'll report back.

In the meantime, don't hesitate to try AJ out. He's great.

http://www.ajituning.co.uk

https://www.s2ki.com/...004-s2konroids/
Old 02-08-2016, 08:34 AM

Great feedback,how easy is it to diy fit the supercharger kit ?
Old 02-09-2016, 06:09 AM

Umm....if you know what you are doing, meaning if you've done some serious mechanical work on an S2000, you could do it.

But, if you are a "backyard" mechanic, I wouldn't attempt it. There are way too many pitfalls you can run into. Even though SOS has made it as easy as it could be, it still ain't easy. Takes an experience mechanic on the S2000, who's done SC kits before, a day or two to do.
Old 02-09-2016, 03:51 PM

Received 116 Likes on 81 Posts

Get the spanners out and crack on man, nobody ever learnt how to do it without doing it
Old 02-10-2016, 12:47 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BuggyofMildDiscomfort
Get the spanners out and crack on man, nobody ever learnt how to do it without doing it
This!
If something's difficult, you probably just need to buy the correct tool.