New England S2000 Owners New England S2000 Owners

May 14 meet (Drive and destination tour)

Old 04-07-2016, 07:06 AM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts
Default May 14 meet (Drive and destination tour)

Social "Drive and Arrive" Destination Meet, No or Low Cost Options

Hi everyone. I've noticed a thread or two about meets so I thought I'd propose a May meet and see how many want to sign up. You can do part of this meet or all of it. But I need to know if you are interested before I make arrangements for us. Please indicate if you are going to attend over the next week. Also, tell me what part of it you will sign up for. If I get enough commitments, then I'll do some leg work and make the arrangements for us. But I'll need to know by Friday, April 15. If I don't have enough people signed up by then, I'll cancel this event. Sorry, but "maybe" or "I'll try" or "Gotta check" will not count.

Date: Saturday May 14.

Time: 10:00 to 10:30 AM arrival. WE WILL MEET ON THE ACCESS ROAD AND ONCE WE ARE ALL TOGETHER, I WILL LEAD THE GROUP TO THE GUARD GATE. IF YOU ARE NOT THERE BY 10:30, YOU CANNOT GET IN WITH US.

You can certainly meet up with others earlier in the morning to do a group drive to our destination. My house will be one such starting point, located in Canton, MA. But drive groups from different parts of New England to Palmer Motorsports are up to you to organize.

Meeting Destination: Palmer Motorsports Park in Palmer, MA. Palmer is in central Mass, right on the Mass Pike and just north of CT. It is a very central location.

Other locations: Lunch at the Steaming Tender in Palmer and a drive to the Quabbin Reservoir

Event description: Meet at Palmer Motorsports to hang out, meet other owners, talk, and observe the track operations. We will watch some track time, and maybe take a bus tour of the track around lunch time at 11:30 or so. THIS WILL NOT BE AN ON-TRACK DRIVING EXPERIENCE. The BMW CCA is renting the track for the day. We will have our own area roped off but we cannot get in the way of the club that is renting the facility. We must arrive on time and then the entire group will be brought to the roped off area.
THIS VISIT TO THE PARK IS FREE!!!

http://www.palmermotorsportspark.com/default.aspx

Once we have had our fill of the Motor park, we will head to the Steaming Tender for lunch. Please bring cash. everyone will pay for their own order. If money is a problem you do not have to do this. No pressure. Sandwich pricing is moderate:

http://steamingtender.com/regular-menu/

However, if you do not want to spend $15 on lunch you can eat elsewhere and then meet the rest of us to drive on for the last segment.

After lunch, we can take a drive to the Quabbin Reservoir. Figure we will be driving on Rte 32 to 32A. At the junction of Rte 122, we can say our goodbyes. I will then take 122 to Rte 62 and then get on Rte190 to head home. People heading in my direction can follow me back if they like.

This is not a rain or shine event. If it rains, I will cancel.

I'll check back from time to time to see how we are doing with this and answer any questions, but I really don't know much more myself. I hope we can get some interest going and do this. It would be good to see this community come back to life.

We need five people committed (IN) to make this a go. As of now, we have five!! :dance:

IN!

Mongo 84 +1
Legal Bill +1
Stogie
EOE
DWSs2k +1
Lainey +1
Kryptonite (rockin' a Camry!)
Blake 8418
liquidx
George H +1

Maybes

CTS2K
Silvers2k...
Old 04-07-2016, 10:35 AM

Received 464 Likes on 396 Posts

Bravo Bill.
Bring back some action to this forum.
Old 04-07-2016, 12:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Bill I commend your effort! It would be great to catch up! Count me in
Old 04-07-2016, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by Mongo84
Hey Bill I commend your effort! It would be great to catch up! Count me in

Thanks. That's one.
Old 04-07-2016, 01:57 PM
Spotter

Received 277 Likes on 232 Posts

In as well
Old 04-07-2016, 02:45 PM

Awesome! We are up to two. I'll count myself for three.
Old 04-07-2016, 05:02 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Bill,
Thanks for the opportunity,unfortunately that weekend does not work for us.

We (wife and I) purchased a 06 S2K late last summer and are looking forward to meeting other S2KI members this summer.

Have a great day,
Ken
Old 04-07-2016, 05:51 PM

Sorry you can't make it Ken. I was hoping to offer options, but that was the best Saturday for the track in May.
Old 04-07-2016, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by Emil St-Hilaire
Bravo Bill.
Bring back some action to this forum.

Thanks for the support Emil.
Old 04-08-2016, 05:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm in.
Thanks for doing this!
Stogie

Quick Reply: May 14 meet (Drive and destination tour)