Asia S2000 Owners English speaking owners from Asia. Including Hong Kong, China, Japan, Singapore, Malaysia, Taiwan.

Moved to Taiwan

Old 04-18-2016, 12:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Moved to Taiwan

Hi, I am moving back to Taiwan within a month and my S2000 CR is in TW now... Does anyone know any shop that is familiar with S2 around Taichung? Thank you
Old 04-26-2016, 09:05 PM

Hi
I think most are in Taipei.
In my side, I still order from some webstore around the world.
Of course, need to pay import tax.

----------------
Past years, my S2k was in Taichung. This year, just move to Hsinchu.
As I know one S2K owner is in NanTun dist. when I was in Taichung, and maybe could check with him.
Old 05-13-2016, 04:25 PM

Thanks for the inputs!

Originally Posted by shinjizh
Hi
I think most are in Taipei.
In my side, I still order from some webstore around the world.
Of course, need to pay import tax.

----------------
Past years, my S2k was in Taichung. This year, just move to Hsinchu.
As I know one S2K owner is in NanTun dist. when I was in Taichung, and maybe could check with him.
Old 06-05-2016, 08:12 PM

I just got here to Taiwan last October. I wish I could have brought my S2k :-(.
Old 06-05-2017, 12:10 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Bumping an year old thread.
I'll probably move to Taiwan when I retire. Might consider shipping my S (along with a sh*t load of other stuff) to Taiwan also.
But I can't imaging driving it in the cities where the traffic and road conditions are so bad. How's the ownership experience over there? And how much did it cost to ship it?
Old 03-18-2018, 08:23 PM

Hi Everyone,

Just a brief introduction. I had a 04 Ap2 from 2004-2013. Sold it in 2013, and got an E90 M3 because I needed more space. Sold that car before moving back to Taiwan about 3 years ago. I've been thinking about another S right after I sold it. Recently found a CR in the states and in the process of shipping it back to Taiwan. Hopefully it'll arrive in May. Regarding AndrewCGTS's questions, I joined the Taiwan S2000 page on Facebook recently and they seem to be pretty knowledge and hardcore over there. I know there a few shops that work on S2000s all over Taiwan. Hope to meet some of you guys in Taiwan after getting my S.
Old 08-15-2018, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by 231sea
Bumping an year old thread.
I'll probably move to Taiwan when I retire. Might consider shipping my S (along with a sh*t load of other stuff) to Taiwan also.
But I can't imaging driving it in the cities where the traffic and road conditions are so bad. How's the ownership experience over there? And how much did it cost to ship it?
get yourself some ohlins. forum consensus that these are super compliant. it will soak up road imperfections and still give you a comfortable ride without sacrificing performance

Old 08-16-2019, 11:03 PM
MOT

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Believe it or not, roads in Taiwan are generally better than where I live in the states. Here in the SF bay area, roads are crap, especially the freeways.
Old 08-17-2019, 08:32 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by MOT
Believe it or not, roads in Taiwan are generally better than where I live in the states. Here in the SF bay area, roads are crap, especially the freeways.
True. From my observations during recent trips to Taiwan, I think the roads have improved a lot. Traffic still sucks though, except for the rural areas of course.
Old 08-17-2019, 08:41 PM
MOT

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I plan to move to Taiwan in a couple of years and started researching how I can ship my cars there. I was very disappointed to learn that the S2000 is one of those car that will no longer pass inspection (or inspectable). I can still ship it there, but just can't drive it since no license will be issued. I think this happened a few years ago., after the regulation got tighter.
No bueno.....I have had my car since 2000, the thought of parting with it pains me. The reason I am even reading this thread is hoping, on a remote possibility, that someone found a way to do it.

Quick Reply: Moved to Taiwan