UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

New brake set up

Old 04-27-2016, 04:52 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default New brake set up

Finally arrived today, all being well I'll have them on the S2K this weekend and out for testing!!! I recently put Goodrgidge braided hoses on all round and did a full flush of the fluid replacing with Millers Race Fluid.

Anyhow, thanks to Simon @ Hendy Performance my new disc/pad set up is here!!!

Project Mu SCR Pro Front 2 piece discs, Project Mu CRD rear discs and HC-800 pads! They look amazing and I'm confident will be unreal on the car - Ive used the CRD discs on an Evo I used to track and they held up brilliantly - S2K is getting track time in July so looking forward to plenty of testing in the run up to that!

Old 04-28-2016, 03:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very nice!
Old 04-28-2016, 01:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are they standard size 2 piece front discs? What's the price on those?

I've just fitted front nitrec groved discs, rear dixel with carbon Lorene rc6 pads all round. Braking is very impressive from them. Far better than the ds2500 ferrodo I had on before
Old 04-28-2016, 01:15 PM

I'm looking for a set of pads to put on, I want something for fast road and the occasional track day but I also don't want squeaky pads but I'm unsure what to get :/
Old 04-28-2016, 01:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My rc6 squeal like hell at low speed in traffic. The ds2500 were fine in day to day and track as long as they don't get too hot as then they tend to leave deposits on the disc and cause juddering
Old 04-28-2016, 10:58 PM
UK Moderator

Received 300 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by Dillon_93
I'm looking for a set of pads to put on, I want something for fast road and the occasional track day but I also don't want squeaky pads but I'm unsure what to get :/
Dixcel Z are perfect for what you want.
Old 04-29-2016, 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by Flipz
Very nice!
Thanks Mate!!!

Originally Posted by yorkies2k
Are they standard size 2 piece front discs? What's the price on those?I've just fitted front nitrec groved discs, rear dixel with carbon Lorene rc6 pads all round. Braking is very impressive from them. Far better than the ds2500 ferrodo I had on before
Yes they are standard size front discs - all being well I'll have them on tomorrow as long as the rain stays away! Retail for the 2 piece front discs by themselves was £630, but they knocked me some discounts because I bought a full set of discs/pads, not sure how much each item was priced when discounts were applied. I've had DS2500's on quite a few cars but they weren't my preference - preferred carbotech pads in the past but looking forward to using these HC-800's as I've yet to see any negative feedback.

Originally Posted by Dillon_93
There's that much to choose from but as I said re the HC-800, I've not seen any negative feedback and I bought them to compliment the Project Mu disc setup. If they are as good as I remember the discs to be when I had a set of the single piece grooved on one of my Evo's then I know I'm going to be happy. Simon@Hendy performance has also offered me some continuous discount on pads which puts them at a similar price to what the likes of Tegiwa sell DS2500's for. Was told the HC-800 is kind of inbetween DS2500 and DS3000 in terms of use...?
Old 04-29-2016, 11:07 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a question. Or rather, two questions.

On the Hendy site there is a disclaimer that the purchaser acknowledges that Project Mu parts are not for road use.

Why is this, and what happens if one has an accident with these fitted, and one's insurance company declines a claim because one is using parts which are expressly not for road use?
Old 04-29-2016, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by lovegroova
Originally Posted by Dillon_93' timestamp='1461878150' post='23951637
Dixcel Z are perfect for what you want.
Thanks LG I'll look into them.
Old 04-30-2016, 01:14 AM

Decat manifolds are not for road use either...

I think it's a reminder that they are track pads, they don't work very well cold but after a couple of presses work fine.

Weather is nice here so I'll be fitting them this morning and will give some feedback

Quick Reply: New brake set up