S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Looking for an exhaust to celebrate natural aspiration!

Old 04-29-2016, 11:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for an exhaust to celebrate natural aspiration!

My S2k has been owned since new and is completely stock since I'm completely happy driving it as is. That said, I've decided that on today's world of increasingly FI or big displacement engines it is incumbent upon me to celebrate the NA goodness of this engine with an exhaust that will allow all around me to share in the maximum potential aural enjoyment. So I'm looking for a great sounding exhaust suggestion with performance, drone & number of mufflers not being factors. I want to place the order by 0900 Monday morning, so I'll go with whatever this thread convinces me of by then! TIA!
Old 04-29-2016, 11:27 AM
Community Organizer

Received 204 Likes on 162 Posts

First what year car. Second Single or dual. If you have an 05 or under the J's Racing 70RS single. If above 05 T1R 70EM single. For a dual the Fujitsubo Legalis R hands down. Best of luck with your exhaust man.
Old 04-29-2016, 12:05 PM
Site Moderator

Received 345 Likes on 300 Posts

Another person that wants to do zero research and just have a bunch of ideas thrown at them. Since your provided no budget buy one of these.

Single
http://www.gotuning.com/product_info...roducts_id=915

Dual
http://www.gotuning.com/product_info...oducts_id=1501

Dual TI
http://www.gotuning.com/product_info...oducts_id=1901

Old 04-29-2016, 02:56 PM

Received 3,373 Likes on 2,452 Posts

I absolutely love the sound of my Mugen exhaust, coupled with a Berk HFC it sounds fantastic, it's still a dual exhaust and weighs 24 lbs less than stock thanks to the Titanium mufflers. Most people don't want to spend that type of money though, but I can tell you that it is easier to end up with a bad sounding/poor quality exhaust than it is finding a good one, so you can go through a couple of bad exhausts before you get to a good one. The OEM exhaust is actually quite good, and I'd take a UK modded OEM exhaust over the majority of aftermarket exhausts.

I also like the Fujitsubo exhaust, but it is a bit heavier than the Mugen.

Lastly, the new HKS superior sound master exhaust (SSM) looks and sounds quite nice. Worth a look.
Old 04-29-2016, 06:15 PM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

When you say you want "all around me to share in the maximum potential aural enjoyment" ....does that mean you want the loudest exhaust to annoy the most folks?
Old 04-29-2016, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by jetboater
When you say you want "all around me to share in the maximum potential aural enjoyment" ....does that mean you want the loudest exhaust to annoy the most folks?
That sounds like something you would read on an ARC parts emblem
Old 04-30-2016, 04:35 AM

Received 1,132 Likes on 995 Posts

So I'm looking for a great sounding exhaust suggestion with performance, drone & number of mufflers not being factors.
Much of this is mutually exclusive.

Performance and drone not factors? Can we get an extension on our homework deadline?

-- Chuck
Old 04-30-2016, 10:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Germany single aka urge scavenger exhaust
Old 04-30-2016, 10:58 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by zeroptzero
I absolutely love the sound of my Mugen exhaust, coupled with a Berk HFC it sounds fantastic, it's still a dual exhaust and weighs 24 lbs less than stock thanks to the Titanium mufflers. Most people don't want to spend that type of money though, but I can tell you that it is easier to end up with a bad sounding/poor quality exhaust than it is finding a good one, so you can go through a couple of bad exhausts before you get to a good one. The OEM exhaust is actually quite good, and I'd take a UK modded OEM exhaust over the majority of aftermarket exhausts.

Lastly, the new HKS superior sound master exhaust (SSM) looks and sounds quite nice. Worth a look.

+1 on the Mugen + Berk HFC.

I have that combo on my '05. Without the HFC, it can drone deep (just like any aftermarket really), but when added, it toned down a lot yet maintained that classy bass.

I spent a pretty penny on a used one, but I've had no regrets, and plenty of compliments
Old 04-30-2016, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by mgfloCR
Originally Posted by zeroptzero' timestamp='1461970566' post='23952747

+1 on the Mugen + Berk HFC.

I have that combo on my '05. Without the HFC, it can drone deep (just like any aftermarket really), but when added, it toned down a lot yet maintained that classy bass.

I spent a pretty penny on a used one, but I've had no regrets, and plenty of compliments
Yes I bought mine used as well, so you can pick them up much less than new. That is a great way to do it, and they age nicely.

I was running the oem cat with mine and it was a bit quiet, I changed to a Berk 63.5mm HFC recently. I now get a real "cammy" sounding snarl just after VTEC (4900 rpms on my setup) and I love the new sound. It is tame enough to give that classy sound as you describe , and you still get that nice high rpm snarl. I wonder what it would sound like with a test-pipe, but I'd never be able to run one.

Quick Reply: Looking for an exhaust to celebrate natural aspiration!