Gateway S2000 Owners Members for St. Louis MO and area.

Hello, Would like some help, if possible

Old 05-04-2016, 06:40 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Hello, Would like some help, if possible

Hi, my name is Matt. I'm 33 Years old. Previously owned 3 CRX's and an 05 Subaru STi. I had put a lot of money in my last CRX to make it "quick". This plan did not work very well in the sense of speed but handling, the car was amazing. I eventually learned it is better to buy something that is already capable, then comes in the 05 STi. I owned the STi for 5 years, it was tastefully modded with the OEM turbo and intercooler. I wanted to maintain value on the STi when I sold it so I never swapped those parts. It was pushing good power, 294 hp and 325 tq to the wheels. It was a stage 2 protune car. The power was addictive and fun. But even though the car handled well, it didn't give me the "feeling" I was looking for. So, I changed a steering rack bushings, changed a few bushing in the shifter assembly, removed the CDV for better clutch engagement, and installed Recaro seats from an Evo VIII. This helped quite a bit. But, there was an item that I could not fix, not without ridiculous amount of funds. The powerband and how the car still "felt".

Because of my background with the Honda, I learned to love and appreciate the screaming engine at high rpm. The subaru, was not built for that, and because of this, I could never be 100% satisfied with the car. It had a hell of a lot of other things to be completely happy about but couldn't satisfy that urge.

Stepping back a bit, I really planned to get an S2000 before I bought the STi. A friend of mind bought an STi and I was sold on the "feeling" of power, right off the bat. So I went that direction. However, I still have the desire for an S2000 but life has changed since those years past. I don't feel the need for power and have to go fast but I want to FEEL the car. In my arms, in my legs, in my ears, in my soul!

I am wanting to find some S2k guys in the southeast Missouri area that would take me for a test drive, ride along, test drive, any and all of the above would be appreciated. I know the S2k isn't fast, and I am ok with that, I want to know how the car "feels". How an AP1 feels over an AP2. How a later AP2, 06+, feels toward an early AP2, 04-05. I want to feel connected to the car without having to change a lot of things about it. Just like most things, as the years go on, the vehicles become more watered down for the general masses. Sometimes things can improve for good reason, sometimes, it just takes away from the overall car experience.

I am cool driving somewhere to meet up and go from there. I have been looking at the events you guys have in the Saint Louis area and wanted to attend one of those. I wanted to get in contact with a few folks before a meet. I don't mind showing up and pow wowing out of nowhere but rather introduce myself and get to know the point of my adventure.

Hope to hear from all you guys! Thank you!
Old 05-04-2016, 04:11 PM
Administrator

Received 166 Likes on 135 Posts

Mmm, SE MO. I'm tempted to drive out that way just to hit up Hwy 160. That road is so much fun! But it would definitely be a two-day ordeal for me so if I happen to get enough time off work to be able to head out that way, I'll let you know! Good luck with your adventure, Matt!
Old 05-05-2016, 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by JulieU
Mmm, SE MO. I'm tempted to drive out that way just to hit up Hwy 160. That road is so much fun! But it would definitely be a two-day ordeal for me so if I happen to get enough time off work to be able to head out that way, I'll let you know! Good luck with your adventure, Matt!
Thanks JulieU! Yes, definitely let me know! There are several other backroads that are really awesome around here!
Old 05-13-2016, 06:53 AM

Really? There is no one else willing to offer a ride or maybe a drive in your S2K? I don't mind making a drive up to Saint Louis if there will be several people I could get a ride/drive with. To see and feel the differences of the AP1 and AP2. Anyone?
Old 05-28-2016, 05:25 AM
Community Organizer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 9KEVERYDAY
Really? There is no one else willing to offer a ride or maybe a drive in your S2K? I don't mind making a drive up to Saint Louis if there will be several people I could get a ride/drive with. To see and feel the differences of the AP1 and AP2. Anyone?
Sorry - If I still had my S, I would be there for you.
Old 06-01-2016, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by 8BALL
Originally Posted by 9KEVERYDAY' timestamp='1463151216' post='23965601
Sorry - If I still had my S, I would be there for you.
Thanks for the reply 8Ball! I actually just bought an 03 with 75K on the clock. I haven't posted any pics yet but I will soon This car is awesome!
Old 06-03-2016, 01:34 PM
Community Organizer

You'll enjoy it more and more every day you drive it. I know it's a haul... but come to one of our install days and meet some of our members. I'll be more than happy to put you up for the night.

Also... being in SO MO... reach out to Julie from the OKie group. You are probably closer to her than us. Good luck with the car - Enjoy it!!!
Old 06-06-2016, 07:15 AM

You'll enjoy it more and more every day you drive it. I know it's a haul... but come to one of our install days and meet some of our members. I'll be more than happy to put you up for the night.

Also... being in SO MO... reach out to Julie from the OKie group. You are probably closer to her than us. Good luck with the car - Enjoy it!!!
Thanks 8Ball! Hell yeah man! I would love to meet up with the STL crew! I didn't see any events you guys have coming up, is there anything planned that isn't posted?
Old 06-06-2016, 12:33 PM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by 9KEVERYDAY
Originally Posted by 8BALL' timestamp='1464989671' post='23984254

Thanks 8Ball! Hell yeah man! I would love to meet up with the STL crew! I didn't see any events you guys have coming up, is there anything planned that isn't posted?
Check out our event calendar posted at the top of our forum.
Old 06-08-2016, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by 9KEVERYDAY' timestamp='1465226129' post='23986088
[quote name='8BALL' timestamp='1464989671' post='23984254']

Check out our event calendar posted at the top of our forum.
[/quote]

Thanks again 8BALL. Has anyone attended the SCCA PDX before? I would really like to get some seat time with the S2K and learn how she moves when she gets more close to the limit. I don't really want to find this out on the streets/backroads....

Quick Reply: Hello, Would like some help, if possible