UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Longggg time lurker... finally an S2000 owner!

Old 05-08-2016, 02:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Longggg time lurker... finally an S2000 owner!

I read a thread in General Gassing on Pistonheads which was talking about the Honda S2000 and having always fancied one, it got the cogs turning and some scanning of the classifieds thrown in for good measure too.

I discovered that these cars were starting to rise in value from the level they were at the last time I checked, but was tempted enough to enquire about a few examples.. which ultimately led to me deciding that I wanted a Facelift model because I preferred the slightly sharper (in my opinion) styling changes and with some great use of man maths, I increased my budget to suit.

Anyway, that's a brief blurb about what got me here.. and here are the details of the car which I've bought:

Basic Details:

2005 Facelift Model
Silverstone Metallic
Black/Red Leather Interior
Headrest Speakers
OEM Honda Front Lip
OEM Honda Side Strakes
OEM Honda Rear Spoiler

Modifications:

Megan Racing Toe Arms
Megan Racing Front & Rear Bumpsteer Kit
MY00 S2000 Anti-Roll Bars
Grooved Front Brake Discs
Yellowstuff Front Brake Pads
OE Rear Brake Discs
Yellowstuff Rear Brake Pads
Kenwood iPod/Bluetooth Radio (still works through dashboard controls)

The car has also had the 'UK Exhaust Mod' carried out with 38mm pipe, there's a wee video of this at the end of the post. It adds a lovely note to the exhaust without sounding ridiculous or having any drone, plus it keeps the facelift OEM tail pipes which I really like and think suit the car perfectly.

Video:

There isn't a great deal that I'd like to change really, will probably go over it and clean it up and replace any wee bits that I come across. Apart from that learning to drive it a bit better would be good, the Golf R only really revs to ~6500rpm and my Transit goes to about 2500rpm before I change gear! ...where as this will go all the way to ~9000rpm, which I've not been near since my old EK9/DC2 days.

Cheers,
Grant
Old 05-09-2016, 06:31 AM

Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts

Perfect, a few mods, a few optional extras, good colour combo - all you need now is to enjoy !
Old 05-09-2016, 07:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awesome choice and a great colour combo. I looked at a few facelifts too before falling for my 03 plate.

The mods sound spot on. Just get out there and enjoy it!
Old 05-09-2016, 09:03 AM

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Sound_waves old car.

Very well looked after!

Enjoy it
Old 05-09-2016, 01:38 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Los great that

Rob
Old 05-09-2016, 02:45 PM

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

Did you have a blue scoob wagon...S looks lovely
Old 05-09-2016, 10:36 PM

Received 243 Likes on 209 Posts

Nice car and mods, the background to some of your pics is very familiar, are you local to k/hill?
Old 05-10-2016, 01:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BenRNBP
Perfect, a few mods, a few optional extras, good colour combo - all you need now is to enjoy !
Originally Posted by ShoooRn
Awesome choice and a great colour combo. I looked at a few facelifts too before falling for my 03 plate.

The mods sound spot on. Just get out there and enjoy it!
Originally Posted by Spawn-uk
Los great that

Rob
Thanks very much for the comments, I've only had it a few days but I am already seriously into it although that maybe something to do with Scottish Summertime landing at the same time as collection so the roof has very rarely been up!! Really like the colour and the two-tone leather too, makes it a wee bit different to all the other ones I had seen for sale in my budget. Not sure how differently the car will drive compared to a standard car, but it does drive very well and I'm not sure there's much (if anything) which I'll change on the car.

Originally Posted by Toms1989
Sound_waves old car.

Very well looked after!

Enjoy it
Not going to lie, just had a wee trawl of the forum for some of his posts... car does look like it's been well cared for, certainly no pictures of it shaped like a banana, which is always a worry of mine!!

Originally Posted by trails
Did you have a blue scoob wagon...S looks lovely
Yep, I've had a good few Subarus. The last one left me a few weeks ago was a Blue STI V6 Limited... felt a bit bitter/sweet about it going actually, I used it for ~600 miles last year so was a bit of a waste sitting in storage. But I'm happy that the new owner will take care of the car as well as I did so I know it's unlikely to end up wrapped around a tree or with chavtastic mods bolted to it. Your username looks familiar, are you on SNet??

Originally Posted by martin j
Nice car and mods, the background to some of your pics is very familiar, are you local to k/hill?
Well I collected the car from outside Hamilton and one of my friends was on track at Knockhill that evening, so we stopped off on the way home. I'm actually from NE Fife/Dundee area, but head up to Knockhill quite a bit either on track in my Golf R or just to spectate.

Cheers,
Grant
Old 05-10-2016, 02:54 AM

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

Yeah, from 2003

I only remember your Reddish-Blue v4 wagon...I spent months looking for a face lifted Reddish-Blue wagon when I bought mine only to discover they discontinued the colour when they face lifted the damn thing!
Old 05-10-2016, 02:57 AM

Received 1,131 Likes on 994 Posts

Very tasty car. Looks like perfect driving weather! I'm partial to Silverstone "facelifts" but my color was pure accident as it was the best car I could find a couple of years ago. I like that your mods are invisible. The styling is too nice to diddle with. My OEM front lip will be fitted as soon as I get the bumper repainted to eliminate all the stone chips. I think it will help in this respect.

Couple of questions:

1. Is the red stitching on the steering wheel OEM? My interior is (boring) all black other than the radio door which was the same glaring silver so I replaced it with the more subdued CR version ($25 on Ebay). I'm always surprised at the lack of cruise control on the UK models.

2. I just looked at my car and can't find this. What is it? (Just curious.)

-- Chuck

Quick Reply: Longggg time lurker... finally an S2000 owner!