UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Longggg time lurker... finally an S2000 owner!

Old 05-10-2016, 03:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Chuck, my guess with the steering wheel is its been retrimed. There is a guy in the for Sale section doing this for folk. His work looks great and considering it myself.

The silver cover/box in the headrest is the optional additional speakers. My car has them installed too.

Edit: link to steering wheel retrim: https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/860...etrim-service/
Old 05-12-2016, 08:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All the best with the car.

I miss this already...and I WILL have another one day!

Perfect weather the past week also!
Old 05-14-2016, 01:39 AM
Administrator

Received 59 Likes on 50 Posts

Nice! Congrats and enjoy the new car
Old 05-14-2016, 06:45 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by gav86
The silver cover/box in the headrest is the optional additional speakers. My car has them installed too.
Are these identical sounding to the ones found in the later rollbar trim?
Old 05-23-2016, 04:14 AM

Originally Posted by trails
Yeah, from 2003

I only remember your Reddish-Blue v4 wagon...I spent months looking for a face lifted Reddish-Blue wagon when I bought mine only to discover they discontinued the colour when they face lifted the damn thing!
Haha yep, best you could do was fit a V5/6 bumper/grill/lights, something I planned to do before I was made an offer I couldn't refuse for that car. I have had 6 more Imprezas after that, keep saying I'll not have another one... but my track record for sticking to that statement isn't great.

Originally Posted by Chuck S
Very tasty car. Looks like perfect driving weather! I'm partial to Silverstone "facelifts" but my color was pure accident as it was the best car I could find a couple of years ago. I like that your mods are invisible. The styling is too nice to diddle with. My OEM front lip will be fitted as soon as I get the bumper repainted to eliminate all the stone chips. I think it will help in this respect.

Couple of questions:

1. Is the red stitching on the steering wheel OEM? My interior is (boring) all black other than the radio door which was the same glaring silver so I replaced it with the more subdued CR version ($25 on Ebay). I'm always surprised at the lack of cruise control on the UK models.

2. I just looked at my car and can't find this. What is it? (Just curious.)

-- Chuck

Originally Posted by gav86
Chuck, my guess with the steering wheel is its been retrimed. There is a guy in the for Sale section doing this for folk. His work looks great and considering it myself.

Edit: link to steering wheel retrim: https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/860...etrim-service/
Yep the steering wheel/gear gaitor has been retrimmed, it's exactly the colour combo which I'd have picked if I'd done it myself.. which is lucky.

Originally Posted by rd55
All the best with the car.

I miss this already...and I WILL have another one day!

Perfect weather the past week also!
Thanks mate, it's gone to a good home and I'll take care of it.. always fancied one and very glad I've got one now. The weather has been fantastic, which has helping the bonding process... any time I'm out in it, I don't think the roof has been up since I've bought it?!

Originally Posted by AquilaEagle
Nice! Congrats and enjoy the new car
Thanks mate.

Originally Posted by Al_G
Originally Posted by gav86' timestamp='1462879351' post='23962127
Are these identical sounding to the ones found in the later rollbar trim?
Couldn't tell you re: their sound.. but they are very useful when out with the roof down, let you hear the music perfectly.

Cheers,
Grant
Old 05-23-2016, 04:16 AM

Wee update, the Golf has hardly had a look-in recently, hence the thin layer of dust on it in this photo.

Think the S2000 needs attention on the brakes, the pedal firms up initially then softens if you apply pressure.. so assume it's maybe a seal in the master cylinder that's gone perhaps?? Will investigate and rectify before its MOT next month.

Cheers,
Grant
Old 05-23-2016, 07:35 AM

... You're making me want OEM facelift bits...