UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

...finally after 7 years.

Old 05-12-2016, 04:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ...finally after 7 years.

The dream has come true.

Originally I wanted a GPW 06+ with less than 50k on the clock but having the money in the bank, I couldn't hold off when this beauty came up.

Berlina Black '07 with 42k miles, it's got partial red leather interior too.

The chap I bought it off had an S2K previously that done 120k, he loved them so much he bought another!

I took a train from Edinburgh last Friday to London Kings Cross then jumped on a couple of tubes to arrive at the hotel I booked up in Buckinghamshire.

I didn’t get a wink of sleep… I was like a kid in waiting for Christmas.

Finally when the morning came, I met the seller and I couldn’t of been more nervous jumping into the driver's seat. I forgot to put my seatbelt on… I left the indicator on… I went from 2nd to 5th (shifting range is tiny - exactly what I read about), I put the car in 6th when I wanted to reverse. Funnily enough, this was my first time buying a second hand car.

The car came with every single bit of paperwork from the minute it was born and the fact the seller was torn to part with it, even though he had a lovely new Porsche Carrera S in the garage, is a testament to these things.

Safe to say, signed all the paperwork and my first time driving was 390 miles from Buckinghamshire up to Edinburgh, Scotland.

I am in love with it and I couldn’t be more happier. I’ve cleaned it every, single, day. I’m paying more attention to it than the Mrs gets, it’s like I’m having an affair.

I can’t wait to get into this community and meet you all.

Flukez

Old 05-12-2016, 04:33 AM

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Looking great. Welcome.
Old 05-12-2016, 04:51 AM

Very nice. Welcome
Old 05-12-2016, 04:52 AM

Nice - welcome
Old 05-12-2016, 04:57 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice!

Yes I have also been accused of spending more time with the S than the Mrs!
Old 05-12-2016, 05:02 AM

you're keen

car looks great, enjoy!

you wash it every day? blimey.

interested to see where the market is for honest private sale cars... any change from 10k?
Old 05-12-2016, 05:03 AM

Nice motor, I waited 4 years for mine and flew from Ireland to collect in ipswich.The drive to the docks in Wales was class, motorways and b roads and a rude intro to the phantom fuel gauge on one stretch of motorway.
Old 05-12-2016, 05:32 AM

Congrats on the purchase...looks very nice

Hope you don't mind me pointing it out, but can just spot a few holograms in some of the photos, so could be worth looking into a machine polish/paint correction - would look even better then
Old 05-12-2016, 05:37 AM

Welcome to another Scottish S2000!! Car looks niiiiice! hope you enjoy and give it the love it deserves!
Old 05-12-2016, 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by phil121081
you're keen

car looks great, enjoy!

you wash it every day? blimey.

interested to see where the market is for honest private sale cars... any change from 10k?
I paid 13,500. I sort of monitored all the sites for around 6-7months and felt that was a fair price. Based on the guys honesty and integrity I didn't even try to drop the price at all. Maybe that's 'cause my jaw was scraping off the floor the second I saw it

Originally Posted by garyg4761
Nice motor, I waited 4 years for mine and flew from Ireland to collect in ipswich.The drive to the docks in Wales was class, motorways and b roads and a rude intro to the phantom fuel gauge on one stretch of motorway.
That sounds fantastic - great story. I did just laugh out loud about the 'phantom fuel gauge'... I thought the oil temp light was the fuel at first. My initial thought was, "wow, this guy put in half a tank for me, what a champ" then I looked down a little to 1 bar, panic'd, and zoomed off to the services

Originally Posted by AndyNFRS2k
Congrats on the purchase...looks very nice

Hope you don't mind me pointing it out, but can just spot a few holograms in some of the photos, so could be worth looking into a machine polish/paint correction - would look even better then
Haha, so I'm not going to lie, I did try and hand polish the bonnet this morning with the beautiful weather... only to find out that it’s a complete workout! I was all pumped up after watching a million youtube vids on it then I bailed half way through and jumped on Amazon for a machine polisher. I’m hopeful that the spider webs will come out with some love.

Quick Reply: ...finally after 7 years.