S2000 Interiors Stock or totally custom, if it's inside the cabin talk about it here.

Clazzio Seat Covers with Backyard Special Low Seat Rails

Old 05-26-2016, 06:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clazzio Seat Covers with Backyard Special Low Seat Rails

If anyone has any insight or has gone through the same situation, any input would be appreciated.

I have ordered clazzio seat cover for my OEM seats, but I also have backyard special low seat rails that I want to use to lower my seat. I know that the rails only lower the bottom portion of the seat, and was wondering if that makes the clazzio seat cover unusable. I didn't consider this until today when I got my seat rails. Thanks!
Old 05-26-2016, 07:03 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have them both on an 2006 AP2. Cover fits great. No issues.

The whole seat is lowered. The back of the seat is connected to the bottom of the seat.
Old 05-26-2016, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by DaGou
I have them both on an 2006 AP2. Cover fits great. No issues.

The whole seat is lowered. The back of the seat is connected to the bottom of the seat.
Awesome, thanks for replying.

I thought for the BYS seat rails that it only lowers the bottom seat and keeps the recline seat the same height, am I confusing them with a different seat rail?
Old 05-26-2016, 10:22 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It was a couple of years ago that I put it in so the details are fuzzy. All I remember doing is pulling the seat out, four bolts, one on each end of the rail, detaching the old OEM rail from the seat, attaching the new BYS rail and putting it back in the car. I do not remember doing anything with detaching or spacing out the back of the seat from the bottom the seat. When I pulled the seats to do the rail is when I put my covers on.

After I put the covers on I used a spray bottle and pretty much soaked the cover and put them in the sun on a 90 degree day. They pulled tight and really became a second skin. You do not even know that are covers even after a couple of years.

I only put a new rail on the drivers side and you can visible see that the whole seat is lower than the passenger side.

Hope I am not giving you bogus info based on my flawed memory. I usually remember the problems but when it all goes together without a hitch the details fade.

I really do see how a rail could not lower the whole seat. There is a fixed hinge between the back and the bottom.
Old 05-26-2016, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by DaGou
It was a couple of years ago that I put it in so the details are fuzzy. All I remember doing is pulling the seat out, four bolts, one on each end of the rail, detaching the old OEM rail from the seat, attaching the new BYS rail and putting it back in the car. I do not remember doing anything with detaching or spacing out the back of the seat from the bottom the seat. When I pulled the seats to do the rail is when I put my covers on.

After I put the covers on I used a spray bottle and pretty much soaked the cover and put them in the sun on a 90 degree day. They pulled tight and really became a second skin. You do not even know that are covers even after a couple of years.

I only put a new rail on the drivers side and you can visible see that the whole seat is lower than the passenger side.

Hope I am not giving you bogus info based on my flawed memory. I usually remember the problems but when it all goes together without a hitch the details fade.

I really do see how a rail could not lower the whole seat. There is a fixed hinge between the back and the bottom.
Thanks for the writeup, I'll definitely make sure to follow that. The only reservations I have are from posts about how the seat backing is mounted separately: https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/431...-install-my06/