Pacific Northwest S2000 Owners For S2000 Owners in Washington, Idaho, and Alaska

Any guitar players out there?

Old 06-09-2016, 11:04 AM
Community Organizer

Received 551 Likes on 503 Posts
Default Any guitar players out there?

I've been playing on/off since I was 13, so 27 years now (whew ) I'm self taught, consider myself pretty proficient/advanced in my limited music genre of progressive style/metal, improve. Have written some stuff, but mostly unfinished or pieces/riffs over the years, and just generally enjoy creating off the cuff when inspiration hits. I'm mostly a soloist/lead player, drawing inspiration from many of the 80's/90's instrumentalist guitar players you can think of IE Ingwie Malmsteen, Vinny moore, Tony Macalpine, John Petrucci etc. I have very limited band experience, mostly just been a closet jammer. Inspiration comes and goes, as I'm sure any of you players out there can relate to, no matter what level your at and can get bored with your own limitations, so seeking some external inspiration in other players can be great fun. So would be fun to possibly find some other players with a similar background/influence looking for a very low pressure, fun jam. I'm also interested in Jazz/fusion style guitar if metal isn't your main forte, anything to stretch my legs and spark some new creativity is great.

Ive got an open rec room/jam room at my house with 2 good amps and also got a studio quality keyboard if you play keys, If your willing to consider coming to me in Kirkland. Ive got one portable amp as well, so would consider coming to you if that seems to be better.

Ive looked around on CL and few other musician websites, but seems pretty thin activity out there, and so I thought why not just post in our local S2k group here and see who might come out of the woodwork. We already got one thing in common

Chime in if you have any interest or questions...
Old 06-10-2016, 12:14 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am check out my youtube channel (also glamcem)

We may be able to use a backing track for solo/duo and whatnot

I mostly play fusion/rock/blues/jazz and anywhere in between. This is me jamming over a Guthrie Govan backing track

Jam video
Old 06-11-2016, 02:00 AM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by glamcem

I mostly play fusion/rock/blues/jazz and anywhere in between. This is me jamming over a Guthrie Govan backing track

Jam video
Hey very cool man! Unfortunately I dont have anything on youtube I could post, I probably should! But id be really interested in seeing if we could meet up. I do like your idea of having some backing tracks to play with. Where are you located?
Old 06-11-2016, 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by s2000Junky
Originally Posted by glamcem' timestamp='1465546475' post='23989773

Jam video
Hey very cool man! Unfortunately I dont have anything on youtube I could post, I probably should! But id be really interested in seeing if we could meet up. I do like your idea of having some backing tracks to play with. Where are you located?

Sammamish area, you may also send/PM backing tracks from youtube that you may wanna play on so we can talk about it
Old 06-13-2016, 12:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

theres a really cool online service that can basically join a meeting to jam. i forget what it is. my friend was talking about using it since im a drummer and HATE moving my kit.
Old 06-13-2016, 01:37 PM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by street_ruler
theres a really cool online service that can basically join a meeting to jam. i forget what it is. my friend was talking about using it since im a drummer and HATE moving my kit.
That sounds interesting, never heard of it. More info would be great. I bet thats a pain in the ass moving your drum kit! Figured that was an unspoken rule, everyone goes to the drummers house
Old 06-13-2016, 02:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yah, its a b-word. but you get used to it. and id never trade my drums for a guitar.

ill ask my friend what it was called. it was free to try, like everything addictive.
Old 06-13-2016, 03:29 PM
Community Organizer

and id never trade my drums for a guitar.
I bet your neighbors would!
Old 06-14-2016, 10:17 AM

yah, its a b-word. but you get used to it. and id never trade my drums for a guitar.

ill ask my friend what it was called. it was free to try, like everything addictive.
I believe you're referring to the bandhub.com

I have a few collabs there, feel free to participate

glamcem's bandhub collabs
Old 06-14-2016, 10:49 AM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by glamcem
Originally Posted by street_ruler' timestamp='1465857795' post='23992415

I believe you're referring to the bandhub.com

I have a few collabs there, feel free to participate

glamcem's bandhub collabs
oh that's interesting, so its essentially a virtual jam. So almost as fun as the real thing, but way more convenient

Quick Reply: Any guitar players out there?