UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Mishimoto Universal Dual Pass Rad - Jackson Racing Oil & Water Coolers

Old 08-04-2016, 07:08 AM

Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts
Default Mishimoto Universal Dual Pass Rad - Jackson Racing Oil & Water Coolers

Has anyone thought about running the universal dual pass rad from mishimoto? looks to be very similar size to the s2000s oem unit

http://www.mishimoto.co.uk/mishimoto...-radiator.html

Cheers

Harvey
Old 08-04-2016, 07:44 AM

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts

i had a look but the coolant hoses are on the wrong side so would take a fair bit to reroute the coolant lines
Old 08-04-2016, 10:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've got quoted £822 from pro alloy for a bespoke dual pass rad including, a shroud and two spal fans.

They would knock £70 off each for 3+ radiators so £750ish. I think I'm going to go for one of these or just order a Mr Sideways rad from the states. Just a shame they are sooooo expensive.
Old 08-05-2016, 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by markforrester99
i had a look but the coolant hoses are on the wrong side so would take a fair bit to reroute the coolant lines
I shouldnt have but i assumed they made them in LH and RH fitment. Maybe Si from Hendy could ask for us?
Old 08-05-2016, 12:56 AM

Originally Posted by jmsimpo
I've got quoted £822 from pro alloy for a bespoke dual pass rad including, a shroud and two spal fans.

They would knock £70 off each for 3+ radiators so £750ish. I think I'm going to go for one of these or just order a Mr Sideways rad from the states. Just a shame they are sooooo expensive.
That's just way to much money for me. £750 on a radiator is madness!
Old 08-05-2016, 03:16 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jmsimpo

I paid about £800 for my Mr Sideways rad including Spal fans, import duty and VAT earlier in the year. It would cost you more now because the exchange rate has slipped since the Brexit vote.

It is a very high quality rad and a known quantity so all being equal you may be better off importing one than having one made.
Old 08-05-2016, 10:15 AM

Wouldn't it be cheaper to have a universal dual pass modified? it wouldn't take much to get that mishimoto to fit if you find a decent aluminium welder
Old 08-06-2016, 04:32 AM

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by har-vey
Wouldn't it be cheaper to have a universal dual pass modified? it wouldn't take much to get that mishimoto to fit if you find a decent aluminium welder
The problem is harvey is just how good is the mishimoto item at that price? i would imagine its not great.

Like tim says when you add cost of fans etc it bumps the price up. I have dual spal fans on my tegiwa item so would probably cost me about £650 and then tax on top.

I would go for the xline mishimoto item if i knew it would make a big difference but i can't see any info apart from manufacturer claims
Old 08-06-2016, 05:32 AM

X line kept Temps at a constant 93degs on track all of yesterday, bloody hot the weather was too.

Only gripe I have is the weld on the filler cap is defective and leaks under pressure.

Waiting on mishimoto to reply to my email
Old 08-06-2016, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by mikefifth
Only gripe I have is the weld on the filler cap is defective and leaks under pressure.
Is it leaking externally or blowing through the cap? Just wondering if it could be the cap to blame.

Quick Reply: Mishimoto Universal Dual Pass Rad - Jackson Racing Oil & Water Coolers