Pacific Northwest S2000 Owners For S2000 Owners in Washington, Idaho, and Alaska

Cup lift kit install

Old 08-04-2016, 11:08 AM
Jrz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cup lift kit install

Sup everyone. It's been a while since I've been on here. Now that I'm not working, would like to catch up on some modding. I've just place an order on some coilovers and plan on installing a cup lift kit from Stanceparts. This mod is getting a bit more affordable now so there's no reason not to get this extra piece of mind. If anyone wants to set up a group buy or an install day, I'm game. Who's in?

Marc
Old 08-04-2016, 12:49 PM
Community Organizer

Received 551 Likes on 503 Posts

Hey what's up Marc. Yeah been a wile.

So your putting a lift kit on the car? Going for a rally/off-road look or what?
Old 08-04-2016, 09:14 PM
Jrz

Sup Junky, I've went 4 wheelin in the S many times. This mod is for me to go a bit lower. Will be out frequently now. Gonna do some mountain drives to make up for the last 2 yrs. See ya around.
Old 08-05-2016, 10:40 AM
Site Moderator

Received 345 Likes on 300 Posts

It is akin to what some of the higher end cars have to lift the nose of the car for going over speed bumps etc. I believe the higher end cars you a hydrolic system however not air like the stance kit.

I have often wonders how these aftermarket kits make the car feel since you are introducing something that site between the top of the shock body and the chassis. I also wonder if the cars alignment needs to be checked more frequently. Would be cool to see them in person and get a through review of them.
Old 08-05-2016, 04:31 PM
Jrz

I've seen a few of these kits from different vendors. Compared to the high end cars that run hydraulics, air is much easier and without the mess if you have a leak. Air hoses are easily replaceable. The ride isn't much different since it's adding less than an inch of solid material to the coilovers. Plus, you can pick a different spring rate to compensate if needed. Even with it aired up, it's not anymore different especially in most applications, it's only aired up briefly. These kits has been on many high performance cars that do not want it to hinder performance. I wouldn't want it if it turns my car into just a hard parked car . With this, you can finally take your car to anyone's house without having to ask what kind of driveway or speed bump is on the way.
Old 08-09-2016, 12:19 PM

Im not ballin, so no group buy for me.. but i am down to give you a hand with the install if you decide to DIY..
Old 08-09-2016, 07:29 PM
Jrz

Sup Omar. It's gonna be a bit out. The coilovers take a few weeks for them to build then I need to measure the piston shaft size to order from Stanceparts. Couldn't find anyone to help find the measurements so gonna have to wait for it to get in my hands first. I'll keep everyone posted on the progress.
Old 08-10-2016, 11:33 AM
Community Organizer

Received 551 Likes on 503 Posts

Some of the fellow second gen OG's are coming out of the woodwork here. Good to see Omar post as well.

Everyone take a 5 year trip down the Facebook black hole and then found their way back out or what?
Old 02-21-2017, 06:27 PM
Jrz

Finally back in town. Coilovers are here. If anyone wants to be part of this and inspire me to get the S out of hibernation, I'm game. First step if ordering the cups so will order a measuring tool for the piston size.
Old 02-22-2017, 06:13 PM
Community Organizer

Received 76 Likes on 60 Posts

Hey Marc, Mt. Baker Run IV, tentatively set for Saturday May 27th, I hope to see you there.

Quick Reply: Cup lift kit install