S2000 Brakes and Suspension Discussions about S2000 brake and suspension systems.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Sake Bomb

Need help with lowering s2000

Old 08-23-2016, 06:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with lowering s2000

I would like to lower my s2000 by 1 inch to close the wheel gap. I was thinking to just get eibach pro kit install since it is a lot cheaper. Althought others told me to get coilovers because the stock shocks will wear out a lot quicker. I only daily my car so i dont know is it justified to spend a lot of money to get coilovers. What are your thoughts on this? CHeers
Old 08-23-2016, 06:58 PM

Received 1,239 Likes on 940 Posts

Bilstein PSS are about $1K in the US.

If that's too much, then pairing Eibach prokits with your stock shocks is fine. 1" drop with those soft springs is not ideal...but they will ride just fine.

The shocks will wear out faster...but still not for a long time...depending on their current condition.

But...keep in mind that street-biased coilovers like the PSS are a very good application for DD use. They'll last a long time and ride very well.
Old 08-23-2016, 07:05 PM

What particular Bilstein PSS are you talking about? I check on Ebay they are all around $2000 . I live in Australia btw so..
Old 08-24-2016, 05:10 AM

Received 95 Likes on 73 Posts

Just get springs. Swift Spec Rs are designed for OE shocks and probably the best performing springs for the money out there. What wears shocks is not lowering the car unless you lower it too much, which most decent springs will not do. What does wear shocks is overheating them and poor road quality. Dont hit potholes and you'll be fine.
Old 08-24-2016, 05:15 AM

They're called the PSS. There is also a damping adjustable version called the PSS9, which is a bit more expensive because of the ability to choose shock (damper) stiffness setting.

The PSS is height adjustable...but has fixed damping.
Old 08-24-2016, 05:21 AM

Originally Posted by RedCelica
Just get springs. Swift Spec Rs are designed for OE shocks and probably the best performing springs for the money out there. What wears shocks is not lowering the car unless you lower it too much, which most decent springs will not do. What does wear shocks is overheating them and poor road quality. Dont hit potholes and you'll be fine.
A higher (or lower) spring rate than the shocks were designed to work with will wear shocks. I'm sure that S2000 shocks are versatile.

Eibachs are very mild springs as well.

As I mentioned, there's nothing wrong with pairing a mild, well designed spring to the S2000's very good stock shocks. BUT....a matched, shortened coilover with better damping will ride and perform better.
Old 08-24-2016, 06:35 AM

I saw a set of brand new buddy club N+ coilovers for sale for a pretty decent price. Would it be a better option ? Is it dailyable and comfortable when driving? Or should i just get spring since it is haft price compare to those coilovers
Old 08-24-2016, 06:44 PM

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by apologize1312
What particular Bilstein PSS are you talking about? I check on Ebay they are all around $2000 . I live in Australia btw so..
I bought the Bilstein PSS9 when the dollar was a bit better. In all i got them delivered to AUS for about $2200 AUS. Having a look now it seems to have gone up in price and i had to pay import tax as it was over $1000 in value. The PSS9 retail for nearly $4000 here...

But i can honestly say this is a great purchase. I leave mine on the softest setting while on the street and it drives like a dream. They are only slightly stiffer than stock springs. They will give you a minimum drop of about 1".

Make sure you validate the spring rates that come with the coilovers or the springs themselves that you choose. You will be in for a rude shock when you are sitting on 10kg spring rates compared to oem. If you are from western sydney you might be OK with stiff springs but anything inner sydney or east is a nightmare (crap roads).
Old 08-24-2016, 08:37 PM

Received 1,304 Likes on 987 Posts

The nonadjustable pss is really, really good shock. The pss9 only adds an inconsistent and non linear adjustment that is more likely to be set wrong, or set imbalanced one side to the other. Unless you have a shock dyno, your pss9 are probably set wrong.

Bilstein non adjustable dampers are quite good. Consistent. The pss is a real bargain.

Sent from my SM-G920P using IB AutoGroup
Old 08-25-2016, 04:59 AM

Thanks for the input. I search around, it is really hard to get pss imported to australia at a reasonable price. So ive decided to just go with budget coilover ( BuddyClub N+) I hope its a wise decision and the ride wont be bouncy (

Quick Reply: Need help with lowering s2000