S2000 CR Club Racer Edition CR stands for "club racer," conjuring up the good old days when guys drove their sports cars to the track, raced them, and then, if the racing gods were smiling, drove them home again

2008 BB CR #310 Information

Old 09-15-2016, 04:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 BB CR #310 Information

Hello fellow members.
I am flying down to Irvine California to purchase a 2008 BB CR #310 (link below)
https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/115...00-firm-socal/

Everything with the car checks out with both Carfax and Autocheck.
The current owner sent me detailed pics of all the vin tags from all the panels that the car came with and both interior and exterior of the car seems to be in great condition.
It does however have 5 owners (which is why the car has been sitting for a couple months) and the prior owner owned it for few years with very low mileage.
We both agreed on a price and am flying down this coming Monday to purchase the car and drive it back to Seattle.
If anyone knows the history of this car please chime in and let me know.
Any information would be much appreciated. Thank you.
Old 09-16-2016, 03:29 AM

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

I've emailed you eumylove regarding your purchase.

~ Steven
Old 09-19-2016, 03:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fellow members if you do not live in the state of California, you might want to save your money on an airline ticket and keep looking elsewhere. I flew down to Irvine from Seattle to purchase this car and only left with a huge disappointment. The condition of this car is in 6.5/10 for exterior, 8/10 for interior, and mechanically 7/10. First the OP states there are only 5 minor scratches on the car. That is not true. There are two huge scratches on the right rear bumper. Looks like it's a scrape against an object. Two lines about 7-9 inches long that has been touched up with paint. Second the front drivers side door has a huge door ding with a quarter size scratch that has been touched up. Front passenger fender has a penny size unfixable dent. Front windshield has not been installed correctly as the seal is coming off around the edges. All 4 wheels either have scratches or knicks on it. Front bumper is barely hangin on as 5 bolts underneath that hold the bumper is broken due to hitting high speed bumps or driveways. Left part of the front bumper is not flush as about 1/2 inch is sticking out of the car. OP states it used to be worse but they fixed it to there extent. Drivers side seat side bolster stitches are coming out. The hardtop brackets are all loose as it rattles and can hear the wind noise after accelerating more than 50mph.

Now for the mechanical side. Car has been sitting near the beach for 3 years from the previous owner. There are a few rust spots as sand and salt from the ocean causes corrosion. The car had a aggressive vibration in every gear in the lower rpm as you put load into the car. The mechanic at the pre inspection location told me it could be the driveshaft. After that I walked away from purchasing the car. OP contacted me that they took the car in to a well known s2000 mechanic and they were expecting a quick and cheap fix. And that's what exactly it was. The shop manager told me that they installed axel spacers to prevent vibration. I asked why this happens as my previous 2007 s2000 that I supercharged for 5 years had no known issues like this. Shop owner states the car was more then likely dropped very low causing the tripod to eat up the inside of some part of the axels. Shop owner also stated that this is common to lowered s2000s and that putting axel spacers was a temporary fix and I should be looking into either getting used axels as they are quite expensive.

I was informed with texts, pictures, and conversation over the phone that there was no other exterior flaws and no dings or dents through out the car. OP told me that they thought the other flaws didn't really matter so it wasn't notified to me. Front left bumper sticking out, dings and dents, windshield surrounding peeling off, those are problems that should have been notified to me. Especially for a serious buyer that flew down to buy the car.

The car is owned by 2 twenty two year olds that really don't know much about the car. With having 5 previous owners this car has seen some roughy times. The third owner of this car used this vehicle as there shop car. Who knows what the modifications were done to this vehicle. I did a little research and the axels vibrating is caused by lowering the car, having it boosted, and track and auto crossing it to its extent.

If you live in the state of California go ahead and check the car out. Out of state prospective buyers stay away. If anyone has questions feel free to contact me as I am more than happy to answer your questions.

I feel like the sellers hid information to me and didn't feel all to honest. After the pre inspection mechanic stating that there might have been a problem with the drivetrain or shaft I told the OP lets go to Honda to get it diagnosed. They were very very hesitant of not going to the Honda dealership as they knew something was wrong. This car has to go through Honda. I urge perspective buyers to take it in for inspection at Honda as it feels as this car has been abused. There is a reason why a s2000 CR is still for sale, especially in Southern California. OP looked shocked when I told them that the CR models are well researched as it's becoming more of a enthusiasts and someday even a collectors car.

Lesson well learned. Stay away from s2000s with more than 2 owners. Especially a CR if you want to keep it for a while.
Old 09-27-2016, 02:18 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Damn, that for sale ad seems very deceiving then. Interior and such look in excellent shape.