UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Hardtop fitting kit?

Old 09-21-2016, 01:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hardtop fitting kit?

I'm wondering if someone can help identify whether or not I have the fitting kit for a hardtop? All I can go by is what i've seen on Google, so if anyone has anything more definitive, i'd be happy to hear it. I have the original purchase agreement for my car from Honda, which states it's a GT (although if it ever did have a hardtop, it was long gone by the time I bought it), it has the wiring plug for the heated screen, and it has 1 of the 2 rubber stoppers on the soft top, I also can't tell if the brush(es) has been trimmed, or have just worn in a funny way (and that's overlooking the fact that one's missing), but am I right in thinking the actual mounting points for the hardtop are missing? From my quick look on Google, the best I can tell is that they're meant to sit beneath the brushes, with a big, round hole for the hardtop mount to sit into?

Edit: Also, please ignore the considerable dust build up, i'm sure camera flashes just make the invisible visible!
Old 09-21-2016, 02:25 PM

Received 622 Likes on 544 Posts

I cant see it

I'll take a pic for you if noone comes up with one
Old 09-21-2016, 09:01 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

From what I can see in the photo you don't have one fitted. I am in North Notts. if you want to check my car which has a fitting kit.
Old 09-22-2016, 03:46 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Definitely looks as if it's been removed.
It's been there at some point as you have what looks like the actual oem smaller hardtop brush on one side and the a completely absent one on the other (taken off for photo?)
As you say, you have the socket for the rear screen heater plug so if looking to pick up another you will just need the two brackets, which obviously bolt in beneath the brushes.
I don't know about the rubber stops, I don't have them on my non GT and hardtop fits fine without.
Old 09-22-2016, 03:52 AM

Received 44 Likes on 20 Posts

Isn't the socket normally wired to the bracket? Can't remember if it is 'plugged' or hardwired - I thought the latter.
Old 09-22-2016, 09:16 AM

The missing brush hasn't been removed for the photo, it's just missing unfortunately.

I guess it's pretty definitive that I don't have the main parts of the kit then, nay mind, was just hoping it'd be a bit easier/cheaper if I were to decide to get a hardtop. I can sack that idea off for now.
Old 09-22-2016, 09:38 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi, I'm in sheffield too with a GT if you want a look. Which Honda dealer did you buy from??
Old 09-22-2016, 03:59 PM

I didn't, personally. What I meant was that I have the original purchase agreement from when it was new, on which it's listed as a GT.
Old 09-22-2016, 09:09 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by titch
The missing brush hasn't been removed for the photo, it's just missing unfortunately.

I guess it's pretty definitive that I don't have the main parts of the kit then, nay mind, was just hoping it'd be a bit easier/cheaper if I were to decide to get a hardtop. I can sack that idea off for now.
Do you want a replacement brush? I have a pair in good condition if you do.
Old 09-23-2016, 12:26 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by titch
I didn't, personally. What I meant was that I have the original purchase agreement from when it was new, on which it's listed as a GT.
Ahhhh I see, sounds like a previous owner sold the hard top and fitting kit on....

Quick Reply: Hardtop fitting kit?