UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

H&P Alarm fuses?

Old 10-18-2016, 02:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default H&P Alarm fuses?

Hi guys,

Think my unit under the seat has gone kaput. Until I can source another could I remove the alarm fuses and use the car without the alarm? Which fuses are they please and where are they located? Under your right knee under the dash?

Thanks

Dan
Old 10-18-2016, 11:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have a word with Jim (I think) at http://www.hamilton-palmer.co.uk/ he'll be able to advise you. Only works one or two days a week (don't take advice from anyone else there as they don't seem to have a clue). I'd say it's more than likely the mother board which I had to replace on mine for about £200 but he knows all there is to know about the immobiliser.
Old 10-19-2016, 12:52 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Had mine done recently, the car possibly will work without the alarm, but I highly doubt anyone will put that up here.

Jim works Wednesday and Thursday only between 10am and 4pm, very knowledgable - I had my board re-programmed, had my existing fob replaced with a new one and bought an additional fob all for ~£200, well worth it.

Getting to the control board is a nightmare though. Good luck.
Old 10-19-2016, 01:11 AM

I was aware of all that as I have spoken to them recently, would just like to get mobile again even if it means disabling the alarm. Want to pull the fuses just until I can dig the unit out under the seat and see if that needs replacing.
Old 10-19-2016, 02:20 AM

Well if you're aware of "all that" why don't you call the only guy in the land who knows all there is to know about the system and ask him?
Old 10-19-2016, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by WRCGooseS2K
I was aware of all that as I have spoken to them recently, would just like to get mobile again even if it means disabling the alarm. Want to pull the fuses just until I can dig the unit out under the seat and see if that needs replacing.
Not much of an alarm / immobiliser if you can disable it buy just removing a fuse....
Old 10-20-2016, 06:31 AM

This will sound far fetched , but it works for ours.

Turn the ignition on , press and hold the starter button , and just tap the top of the alarm box through the carpet, persist until you find the correct spot

Ours has now been like it for a year and probably needs the "secret" tap 8 / 10 times to get her to work.

I really must get the pos H&P alarm swapped out
The following users liked this post:
nomadicS2k (03-08-2022)
Old 10-20-2016, 11:26 AM

What problems will the car have if the unit is indeed faulty? I had the car running and was fiddling the wires going into the unit and it had no effect on anything. My logic there was that is there was a fault within it, fiddling the wires would cause some problem like the car cutting out or something.
Old 10-17-2021, 09:02 AM

Default Facing this problem - without Jim

Originally Posted by SuperHamz
Had mine done recently, the car possibly will work without the alarm, but I highly doubt anyone will put that up here.

Jim works Wednesday and Thursday only between 10am and 4pm, very knowledgable - I had my board re-programmed, had my existing fob replaced with a new one and bought an additional fob all for ~£200, well worth it.

Getting to the control board is a nightmare though. Good luck.
I have I’m pretty certain messed up
my own alarm system by disabling the car battery thinking the alarm was sounding (feintly at 3am) - now I think it was someone else’s car alarm in distance going off - doh! Simultaneously my key fob battery was dying (had been intermittent for a while) and my 2nd fob broken with a broken micro switch!
In sum by not resolving it sooner whilst occupied by COVID I’m now stuck with an armed system and unresponsive key fob!
Margaret at H&P tells me Jim finally retired, and aside from the knowledge she’s picked up there’s no one left for repairs - my only solution same as this chap but more expensive still - £250 for new motherboard/control unit and synced key fob, and a need to tackle the fitting myself or pay labour to fit. My small consolation is I could reprogram my one surviving key fob onto the new control unit. Maybe if I can get the 2nd one soldered /fixed - that one too. That is unless anyone can advise me of anything else to try - says I hopefully!
Old 10-25-2021, 12:50 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I am having similar issues with my H&P alarm system but in my Ep3. Car is immobilized and will crank but not fire. I just have the flashing green key. Given that fact that H&P no longer have anybody who knows this system due to Jim's retirement and all they can offer is a new motherboard I would be more inclined to rip the system out and find an alternative system. I'm having issues in finding a Auto Electrician though who will do the job currently.

Quick Reply: H&P Alarm fuses?