S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

How to keep the cat off the roof

Old 11-27-2003, 04:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to keep the cat off the roof

The title says it all. I came out this morning to find my 15 pound cat laying on my roof. I almost flipped.

What is the best way to keep the cat off the roof and to protect it?

Can the weight of the cat laying on the roof damage it or cause it to sag?

My best guess is that it should be fine because the weight of the cat is distributed across a wide enougy area.

Any input would be appreciated

Thanks,

Mike
2004 Berlina Black S2000
Old 11-27-2003, 05:59 AM

take away the cat's phone privileges and ground it to its room until it understands what it did wrong. if that doesn't work, shoot it.
Old 11-27-2003, 06:00 AM

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Call Sigfreid and Roy,but if that doesn't work for you then maybe Jack Hanna can make room at the Columbus Zoo.

Seriously , you haven't said if the car sits outside or in a garage.If it is in the garage ;then keep the cat out of the garage .If it sits outside it is a much bigger issue.
Old 11-27-2003, 06:01 AM

You have provided me with a great topic for Thanksgiving dinner, and I will ask my friends and associates for further ideas. However, here's a few off the top of my head....
You could whack it with a stick, hopefully it would be smart enough to get the idea. Or you could lure it somewhere else with a can of tuna. Or leave your car running & hide in there then punch it. Or put a chunk of old carpet on the roof when you park if that doesn't work. Or put a dog on the roof, too. Maybe spray some crap there that cats hate. Or spray it in the eye with 303 protectant and hopefully he'd get the idea. No , really I like cats. Or build a roof-height carport. Or put a mouse up there - oh wait that only deters elephants. Get a fake bird a locate it far from the car. Build it a cat apartment. Unlatch the roof and wire it so you can remotely put the top down. Or make a catapult. Leave your stereo on super loud playing ZZ Top or Ramones but muted then unmute it. Get a meaner cat and put it up there. Hire some kid to watch your car. Put foil on the roof, connect it to ground, and put a high voltage line to a can of tunafish on the roof. Attach a pendulum to your garage roof with a giant boot on the end. Or get an infrared sensor attached to a huge air circulator available from home depot and blow it off. Put a cow magnet up your cat's ass and put an electromagnet nearby. Perhaps put tunafish oil on someone else's roof nearby. Leave a coil of barbed wire and/or many thumbtacks on your roof. Lock your cat in the house. Sneak up on it and duct tape it to the roof then show it what VTEC is. Feed it exlax and hope his instincts take him elsewhere. Spray it with a CO2 fire extnguisher or a hose. Walk up to it, pet it, put rubbing alcohol on his back and quickly light it on fire.
Ok -- all for now but I'll address your issue further.
Old 11-27-2003, 06:03 AM

I just noticed you live in Meriden, CT so you can sometimes put snow on the roof.
Old 11-27-2003, 06:12 AM

declaw the bastard...if u havent already done so. Take off both sets of claws...declawing is usually only done on the front.
Old 11-27-2003, 08:31 AM

Well no sooner do I was my car and go inside to wash out my Absorber does my cat walk all over the hood with his muddy a$$ paws. I had to rewash the entire front of the car again. I really hope his paws won't damage the finish.

Mike
2004 Berlina Black S2000

Old 11-27-2003, 08:44 AM

Get a animal trap from you local animal control center. Put a can of tuna inside. The next morning you will have the cat (or something else). Drop him off miles away, Problem solved !!!
Old 11-27-2003, 08:48 AM

I would but the only problem is that he is my cat. I bought him for my fiancee because she wanted a cat.

Mike
2004 Berlina Black S2000
Old 11-27-2003, 08:58 AM

I use a "Scat Mat" to keep the vermin off. I put the car cover on then lay the ScatMat on the hood. When the evil creatures jump up they step on the mat and ZAP!!!! They learn very quickly and now stay off all the vehicles in the garage. My other option was target practice but the kids wouldn't go for it.
-Glen

Quick Reply: How to keep the cat off the roof