S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

Help Please, Mounted CD Changer under the seat

Old 01-30-2004, 08:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help Please, Mounted CD Changer under the seat

I mounted my Alpine changer in the trunk and it skips. It's also in the way. I read somewhere in this forum that it will fit under the seat. I searched for it but can't find it. Does anybody have a link?

Would the seat still be moveable forward and backward?

Thanks,
Markk
Old 01-30-2004, 08:40 PM

Hi: I'm a little confused by the heading and the content. It says you mounted it under the seat in the title but you state it is mounted in the trunk. I mounted an Alpine 6 disk changer under the drivers seat in late March and it has not skiped once. OTOH it has needed to be restarted about 5 times in that period. All this has consisted of is ejecting the mazigne and shoveing it back in, can be done without getting out of the seat even while driveing (slowly, straight road, no curves please). It is mounted to the underside of the seat and not on the floor and doesnot inhibit movement of the seat.

Under seat
changer install[/PHOTO]

I hope this helps.
Andy
Old 01-30-2004, 08:42 PM

One more word, get help to reinstall the seat so you don't wind up scratching the paint, the seat is light but awkard to handle.
Andy
Old 01-31-2004, 12:06 AM

Thats a great idea Ive seen this done in other vehicles and under the seat is so much more conveniant and easier to get at. I think i may do the same
Old 01-31-2004, 02:25 PM

"Hi: I'm a little confused by the heading and the content. It says you mounted it under the seat in the title but you state it is mounted in the trunk. I mounted an Alpine 6 disk changer under the drivers seat in late March and it has not skiped once. OTOH it has needed to be restarted about 5 times in that period. All this has consisted of is ejecting the mazigne and shoveing it back in, can be done without getting out of the seat even while driveing (slowly, straight road, no curves please). It is mounted to the underside of the seat and not on the floor and doesnot inhibit movement of the seat."

After re-reading my post I'll have to agree with you. I'm fighting the flu and didn't have it totally togther when I wrote it.
When I bought the car the changer was mounted inside the trunk, face up, in the hole where you put a flat tire. That worked great until I got a flat and had no place to put it. So I remounted it on the floor of the trunk attached only to the floor liner. It's not a real secure mount and it tends to skip. So I saw your ealier post Andy, and thought it was a great idea to mount it under the seat. I'll give that a try.

Thanks for the help and the pictures!
Markk
Old 11-12-2004, 04:42 AM

Thanks for posting these pictures Andy - they were very helpful when I seat installed my changer today.
Old 11-12-2004, 05:41 AM

Hi Chris; You are very welcome, I'm happy to help another S2k owner. I wish I can take credit for the whole idea but another owner was the first to do it. The Alpine cable to the HU is long enough to reach from the trunk (boot) to the dash on a strecth limo, wish I could have shortened it. I checked but could not get a shorter one.
Andy
Old 11-13-2004, 11:51 PM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is a mechanical switch on the side of the player for vertical play or horizontal play. Make sure it is on the proper one.

Also, I have the same player. The s2000 is a VERY VERY VERY rough car for cd changers. There is no player on the market that can withstand the s2000 on the quick bumps (tall expansion joints, etc).....long bumps, (potholes, speedbumps etc) it will handle just fine. Welcome to the world of stiff cars.