S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

SCs2k vs wrx

Old 06-05-2004, 11:22 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Before this one I encountered a blue fox body mustang. He was up ahead a few cars. I could hear his exhaust, very loud. So when the light changed I went and passed him rather quick just to let him know that i wanted to have some fun. But I slowed down again to wait for him as he had a few cars in front of him. So I wait and hes coming and hes coming fast. I am expecting him to slow down as well so we can roll, but no, he does a Ford fly-by so im like great, how cute. so now im playing catch up about 3 cars out, while he sticking his hand out waving good bye, what an as*. But he shouldnt have done that cause by 115 I was passing him so this time I waved him good bye. Then the guy turned off, I actually wanted to pull over and see his face. I mean why the cocky attitude to then look like an as*.

WRX
WRX was in front of me racing a Supra. A non-turbo supra as I found out later. so I was just keeping up to the WRX as the supra was just not too fast. So then I catch his attention and then its on

from about 40 he gets the jump and is now about a 1/2 car ahead. But I am catching up to him moderately and by some really high triple digits I pass him.

We go again now from a 20 mile roll with even starts to about 120. with every gear change I keep gaining on him until im about a car length on him. then I slowed down. He later told me he took his car to 150.

So we pull over and start talking and he tells me hes pushing about 20lb boost. im like holy crap but he will be running 24 lb boost w/ race maps. He liked my car and said that he thought he was gonna stomp me, that he looked to the side and I was still there with him. It was funny when he said it. so I told him well its a sleeper and i bet you thought I was stock.

the only thing Im not clear on is the boost. 20lb??. I mean he is pushing that much boost and I still edged him out? How heavy can those WRX get?
Old 06-06-2004, 08:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I doubt you can run 20psi on the stock turbo. My guess would be a very small upgraded turbo. I believe they weigh about 3200lbs. Nice run.
Old 06-06-2004, 10:15 AM

Well there are always 2 sides to every story. Since I am the guy you raced heres mine:

We had 3 races.

1st One: We were both going about 60mph and we hit it and at 130mph you were still behind me. Not by much but around my rear bumper before we shut down. You surpriesed the sh$% out of me.

2nd one: we were at around 40mph and you jumped the honk and by 120mph-130mph you had me by a car or so. I was playing catch up the whole time.

3rd race: we go from 40mph and I immediately pulled and by 120mph you gave up and shut down and I kept going. I had u by at least 1 car by the time you shutdown.

4th race: We both shut down early due to traffic. Doesnt count.

I was very suprised by your car until I learned that it was s/c. I almost bought one and I like the s2000 very much. I was running 21lbs of boost on my bigger turbo. I told you that depending on what gear we were in and what mph it would be a drivers race. But as far as you killing me well...I wouldnt bet on it. My car for ref. weighs 3085 lbs and I did have a passenger in the car to where you didnt. Im not flaming just telling my side of the story. I do have a witness though ....Good run man Im sure we'll meet up again...I'll be sure to switch up my map this time
Old 06-06-2004, 10:19 AM

Oh and ps: I told you it was a great sleeper. and it is.
Old 06-06-2004, 10:21 AM

Definately an upgraded Turbo..

KiD
Old 06-06-2004, 11:03 AM

Originally posted by S4KiD
Definately an upgraded Turbo..

KiD

oh yes, it was.... The WRX's stocker is too small for its own good... Kinda like the ones VW fits as stock equipment on the 1.8T's
Old 06-06-2004, 11:07 AM

I would have gotten killed w/ a stock turbo no matter what my other mods...
Old 06-06-2004, 12:33 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

hey man

I just have to say that I dont disagree with any of what you said. First of all it was late and I didnt want to go in to so much detail. too tired too explain everything that went down. But i didnt say I killed you, all I said I edged you out which means by not a whole lot and yeah there were without a doubt variables that were not consistent as all street races are. And yeah the second race I actually was going to ask you about the horn in our conversation, I wasnt sure what happened, your horn was not too loud over my revs with my windows up so I guess I heard 3 honks and I went. In one of the races I told you that my car had the handling blues so i had to slow down. dont really want to count that if I recall I had to shut down by 90 or so. And which race was that when I was passing you by at some hi triple digits or did you already shut down? well I guess we were going for top end though, 1/4 mile long gone. and yeah a sick run by all means.

Like I told you before though your car was different from other races I had. I guess we were both surprised, 2 sleepers next to each other. Your car looks no different than any other except for under the hood which is what kept me saying holy damn that thing has big balls
I actually wanted to go from that light but I guess you turned off somewhere, I didnt see you anymore.
like I said keep it running for more fun. and yeah next time youll have your race maps, and what do I have? Dont make me go into my saving account damn it . Dont wanna blow it up this summer.
yeah defenitely good runs on both parts.
later
PS. oh yeah and the boost thing just amazes me at how much boost those things can take... wish i was running that much boost on mine...

[QUOTE]Originally posted by 13secwrx
Well there are always 2 sides to every story.
Old 06-06-2004, 01:22 PM

I think the WRXs 17psi of boost stock to begin with. I could be mistaken tho.
Old 06-06-2004, 01:49 PM

A stock wrx boosts around 14 peak psi. THats on a very small snail though.

You and I will have to meet up again and have some more fun. It was a very cool race. I cant really go for the sleeper aspect anymore though. My carbon fiber hood and huge front mount intercooler kinda give it away.

Oh and my user name is just that it has no bearing on my actual times. I should be mid to low 12's right now...Gotta love AWD...

The second race I had to shut down a little early beacuse I told you my chip was pulling timing...So why keep going. You are right though great runs.

Quick Reply: SCs2k vs wrx