Australia & New Zealand S2000 Owners Members from the land downunder.

Introduction to Australian Community

Old 08-04-2004, 07:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Introduction to Australian Community

Guys and girls

New and old users can post here to introduce themselves to the community and create a roll call of sorts. Feel free to post as much or as little about yourself as you'd like so that it can be used as a mobile database of people's location etc.

Most will know that we've just recently voted on an Australian community badge and the best way that we can be sure that every community member receives their's is a roll call so if you dont post on this page then you're going to miss out If you wish to post here but dont want the badge then no hard feelings, just be sure to mention it in your post so that Aus and I know.

Thanks everyone
Old 08-04-2004, 07:36 PM

I'm first then I suppose.....

I'm originally from Sydney and work in construction in the Illawarra region mostly. I had an MC blue 99 model up until November last year when I sold it and traded down to a lancer.

Most of my time on this board is spent in the Australian forum but I also visit Off-topic and lurk in the gallery and Under the hood.

G'day all and welcome any freshies
Old 08-04-2004, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by Austblue,Aug 5 2004, 01:22 PM
Guys and girls

New and old users can post here to introduce themselves to the community and create a roll call of sorts. Feel free to post as much or as little about yourself as you'd like so that it can be used as a mobile database of people's location etc.

Most will know that we've just recently voted on an Australian community badge and the best way that we can be sure that every community member receives their's is a roll call so if you dont post on this page then you're going to miss out If you wish to post here but dont want the badge then no hard feelings, just be sure to mention it in your post so that Aus and I know.

Thanks everyone
We (Mrs Slick and I) have a red S2000, MY01 and have had it since new.
We do quite a few track days in it and have a ball!!
We have upgraded the brake pads and fluid, and use Toyo R spec tyres - of course, seeing that I am the Toyo motorsport dealer for Victoria.
My business, TrackDay Motorsport is in the process of expanding - but more about that on a new thread next week.

We live beachside in Melbourne, and I am on the new committee of the Honda Sports car club of Victoria, which we are trying to rebuild and expand.

I would love to get the Oz badge.

Cheers,

nb - my smilies still don't work - anyone got any idea why??
Old 08-04-2004, 07:56 PM

Wohoo the badge worked!

Thanks for the post Slick and well done

As for the smilies, are you using the fast reply option and manually typing them in? Im not too sure why but that method hasn't been working on V4 which has been very annoying

If you do use the fast reply though you can click on the link just between the text box and the "add reply" button and it will give you a smilies toolbar to use.

I'll make some enquiries about manual smilies and get back to you though.
Old 08-04-2004, 10:07 PM

My name is Matt (for those who didn't guess already) and I'm 27.

I guess I'm a relatively new owner, having only purchased my s2000 in Oct 2003. I have a 1999 Silverstone s2000. I admit I still have a lot to learn, espescially in driving it as this is my first manual car

I use my car as a daily driver. I live in the Parramatta region and work in the city doing data recovery and computer forensics, and can frequently be seen on the roads. I pass a few other s2000's now and then, so if you are on this list - give us a wave!

I have no mods to speak of at the moment. The thought of a supercharger is tempting though
Old 08-04-2004, 10:42 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hello everyone, I'm Mel

I am currently in High School, onto VCE next year, i really want to get into Public Relations/Human Resources once i get out. Dream job would be to work at Honda Australia in Tullamarine Then gradually I will step up and become the Honda Spokesperson of Australia...(watch out Mark Higgins)

Well as most of you will know, i'm one of the younger s2ki members. I am also one of the very few females on here. To be honest I am a bit of a car-obsessed person, and LOVE everything got to do with cars! Did I mention the s2000 is my dream car? I learn so much about the S2000 here, one day I will get one . I have learnt quite a bit since I have frequented this forum. You can mainly catch me on 'Australian Owners'. I do sometimes weave through the other sections.

I love all Honda's In around 3 years, I will hopefully have my Civic, and enter in the annual 'Autosalon' in Melbourne

Welcome to s2ki newbies

Old 08-04-2004, 11:08 PM

This sounds a little like a rehab class...

Anyway, I got my S2K in Jan 2003 brand spanking new after a Daewoo Lanos sideswipped my MX-5 (and my gf's Mirage) parked on the street and totalled both of them. The Lanos landed on its roof btw.

No significant mods to my S2K other than R compounds, strut bar and air duct coming soon.

Mine is used as a daily driver, shopping trolley, weekend warrior, and track day wannabe. I work in the telco/IT accessories industry and graphic/web design. I did an Economics degree at uni and am now 26.

My dream car? a silver Porsche 911 (996) Turbo.
My most likely next car? An automatic Honda Jazz with baby seat.

Old 08-04-2004, 11:27 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm a 35yo male non-smoker with a GSOH...

Whoops, wrong type of intro line.

As you can tell by the User no. and PPD have been here a while and waste way too much of my time online.

I bought my S new in March 2000 and have almost as much fun modifying it as I do driving it. I've done all sorts of performance type mods but they pretty much pale in signficance compared to the supercharger I installed almost exactly one year ago.
Old 08-04-2004, 11:35 PM

Hie everyone my names Ahilan and I drive a stock Silverstone/Black MY00 which i've had since March last year. I live around Moorebank and go to uni in Epping (Macquarie) so if you see me around those areas give me a wave.

Aust or Aus if you could attach the badge it'd be appreciated.
Old 08-05-2004, 12:42 AM

Hi all, Im originally from brisbane but currently living in the UK working and doing some travel.

I've got a '99 Silverstone/Red sitting in the garage back home that I bought in August/September 2002 and I cant wait to see her again couldnt bring myself to sell her as she is just too good a car

I read the Aus forum most days and its great to hear about all the exploits and bits of news from back home through here !

Quick Reply: Introduction to Australian Community