JDM Tuning Expert advice and discussion on JDM tuning for your S2000.

Mooncraft Hardtop

Old 05-30-2005, 06:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think it looks hot although the spoiler kinda looks like it was "slapped" together and thrown on

-Chris
Old 05-30-2005, 09:13 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I want this hardtop and need it. Now only if I had the money to get it. Raamen noodles here I come.

Seriously though, the roll cage requirement seems like it might be a big deterrent and I'd be worried about sealing issues since it attaches by the roll cage. Is Spoon still developing this hardtop so that it attaches directly (like oem or mugen) or is it only ever going to be available with the roll cage an integral part of the mounting? Does it require a specific roll cage? Also, how hard is it to remove the roll cage they are using so that when you remove the hardtop, you can also take out the roll cage? I'm pretty unfamiliar with the engineering involved with roll cages in aftermarket cars so this last question is probably pretty stupid. Sorry about that. I'd sure love to have this though. Beautiful complement to the lines of the S. Just another opinion though.
Old 05-30-2005, 09:32 AM
Kel

Spoon does not make the hardtop, their car is only sponsored by it. The hardtop is actually made by a company called Dome, which is heavily involved in racing in Japan, including JGTC, and Formula Nippon. My guess is the hardtop will use the main roll hoop as a mounting point in addition to oem, if it uses oem at all. This hardtop is basicly made for race cars, I doubt they have intentions of making it a option for street cars.
Old 05-30-2005, 10:53 AM
S2X
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by HunterEz,May 30 2005, 09:32 AM
Spoon does not make the hardtop, their car is only sponsored by it. The hardtop is actually made by a company called Dome, which is heavily involved in racing in Japan, including JGTC, and Formula Nippon. My guess is the hardtop will use the main roll hoop as a mounting point in addition to oem, if it uses oem at all. This hardtop is basicly made for race cars, I doubt they have intentions of making it a option for street cars.
have you been doing your homework???

does it come with a hardtop stand?
Old 05-30-2005, 11:10 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the info. That actually explains a lot.
Old 06-08-2005, 03:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kodokan_4,May 29 2005, 02:58 PM
:slamming on the brakes:

So, this top comes unpainted, and it's DRY CF???

HOLY SH!T - I would love to see what the UNPAINTED CF top looks like!!!

SOMEBODY PLEASE POST A PIC!!!

-Pete
OMFG!!! I hope the people that can afford this top, do the right thing and paint it. If you want to know what the top looks like unpainted, go to Windows Paint program and color it dark grey. Jeez, they should not sell these unpainted.
Old 06-08-2005, 03:12 PM
Kel

Originally Posted by Highrpmek,Jun 8 2005, 04:01 PM
OMFG!!! I hope the people that can afford this top, do the right thing and paint it. If you want to know what the top looks like unpainted, go to Windows Paint program and color it dark grey. Jeez, they should not sell these unpainted.
you mean you want them to come in that wierd creamy primer color mugen fiberglass come in?
Old 06-09-2005, 05:40 PM

Received 60 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Highrpmek,Jun 8 2005, 03:01 PM
Sorry, pal.

I'm rolling in dough from all of the school loans I got!

I'm just waiting for the info on mounting, etc.

"The right thing" for me means full CF - and UNPAINTED.

I wouldn't even consider buying this top in FRP.

Do you think all the people with Mugen CF hard tops should paint them, too?

[There's nothing wrong with your opinion-- if we all agreed, we would be driving identical cars!]

-Pete
Old 06-09-2005, 06:15 PM
Kel

Originally Posted by Kodokan_4,Jun 9 2005, 06:40 PM
Do you think all the people with Mugen CF hard tops should paint them, too?
No because theres a FRP one for them to paint.
Old 06-23-2005, 03:08 PM
Ben

Sorry for the confusion. It is a dry carbon hardtop. We have 4 of these due to arrive next month, two are currently available.

Quick Reply: Mooncraft Hardtop