Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

GM Quality

Old 08-08-2005, 07:06 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

lol
Old 08-09-2005, 06:57 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Anrosphynx,Aug 8 2005, 04:10 PM

Hoth, I understand your point that you do not find a product aesthetically pleasing, but many Americans will. Although you don't find any product stylish for your taste, I find very few Japanese products stylish for my taste. The camry, accord, maxima, avalon, ect. all are ugly to me.

Granted, the Aztek is ugly, but the Element is just as bad. Ridgeline is hideous. I can't stand the xA or xB, but someone likes it enough to buy it. That is their problem not mine.
Great points. I guess I am very picky on the looks of cars.

From the aesthetic standpoint, here is my current take on the cars out there;

The whole line of the new BMW
The whole line of Mercedes Benz especially the interior (rounded vent, steering wheels with Chrysler neon's influence.... )
The current Accord, Civic, Element.....
All Toyota Except Scion TC, it looks cool.
The new GS300/400....the lines for headlights and tail lights just don't flow....exterior design is too busy
The new IS....haven't seen it in person, I'll reserve my comment for now.
The whole GM line up (cars and trucks) except the new Corvette Z06.
Ferrari.....F430 the exterior design especially the rear end is just a mess to me. Don't get me started with Enzo. (I honestly don't have to worry about this one, cus I can't afford any Ferrari).
All Porsche look good to me, except the SUV and the new interior of Boxster and 911. (rounded vents and verticle slits...... )
The whole line of Subaru
Mitsubishi.....
The new Honda fit
I am waiting to see the final version of the new Civic.

Maybe this is a good thing? I can save some money by driving my cars to the ground.
Old 08-09-2005, 03:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Silverstreak HX,Aug 6 2005, 06:16 AM
[Mindless dribble with a bit of poo mixed in for flavor]
Weren
Old 08-11-2005, 05:52 PM

[QUOTE=rockville,Aug 9 2005, 04:38 PM] Weren
Old 08-11-2005, 06:48 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Seriously Silverstreak HX shut up. You are lowering the collective I.Q. of this board. Anyone who actually manages to make it through your senseless garbage posts is left dumber.

I would bother to provide counterpoints to your arguments, but they are simply so ing stupid that I could not do so with a straight face.
Old 08-11-2005, 07:06 PM

SS HX,

You are the idiot who said, "Did Vtec,Pgm-FI,and double wishbone design not come from Honda's F1 program in the 80's?"

You didn't say perfect, you didn't say improve, you said "double wishbone design not come from Honda's F1 ." The fact that you didn't know something so basic, so fundamental proves that you have no ing clue what you are talking about. Given that you have no clue what you are talking about, why do you work so hard to prove it?

I'd suggest you follow Steve's advice.

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one
Old 08-11-2005, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by Silverstreak HX,Aug 11 2005, 05:52 PM
GM's mighty V8 powered piece of plastic has won how many races in 50 years???? Not many that I know of! Look up SCCA records and Porsche blew that thing away consistently thru the years!
"The burgeoning popularity of showroom stock racing provided a new world for Corvette to conquer in the
Old 08-12-2005, 05:01 AM

I am a very impatient person and sometimes get mixed up about what I said however the point here is that as a company GM is WEAK in the marketplace. Sure they say they got great product coming in the next 36 months but they have not proven to be a reliable alternative to the competition. NOT one single GM has ever interested me NOT ONE EVER!!!!
The Corvette may be fast be to me it will always be a CAVALIER V8 or cheap alternative to the 911. For all your Vette fans go back before your precious 1988 Challenge thing and see how many SCCA wins you had? All I saw was Porsche thru the years!!
I read somewhere that Honda said that their "Vtec,PGM-FI , and double wishbone came from F1." If someone can find it please post it. Like I said before wow GM had it but "Were there cars known as great handling cars???????" Did not think so!
No matter what you think of me I will still be laughing at the pure junk that GM spits out thru the years. Too much cost cutting but what really burns me up is that American jobs will be lost or moved because of it. Thank goodness the Japanese and Koreans are building plants here and giving Americans jobs.
Go read the letters section in Aug C&D (pg 18). Someone wrote in GM and Ford should be admonished for finishing badly in a comparison test and "And only the Mustang and Corvette are their only two competitive vehicles"
At least someone gets it!
Old 08-12-2005, 05:56 AM

So you get a bunch of facts wrong, back track your stories when people prove you wrong, yet you stick to your ever harder to support claims. At least we know you don't let reality get in the way of your opinions

Your posts remind me of an old Abbott and Costello skit.

Abbott: Costello why do you continually insist on showing your ignorance?

Costello: What's the good of ignorance if you cant' show it?
Old 08-12-2005, 06:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Silverstreak: you can have all the opinons you want, but making up "facts" to back them up is stupid. If you don't like the cars fine, but no one cares. Your opinion is not important to anyone else, except you and your mommy. I'm sure she thinks you are cool, we think you are an idiot. Serioulsy, you brain-damaged turd wrangler, learn to use the quote system...it isn't that hard.
L
O
O
K
H
O
W
E
A
S
Y
I