Texas - North Texas S2000 Owners North Texas S2000 Owners Club
North Texas Club

DFW Sightings

Old 12-19-2006, 06:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DFW Sightings

OK, don't know if this has been a regular post here or not, maybe a sticky?

But I see at least two or three S's almost daily (N. Dallas/Richardson area)! Coming home tonight (10 mile drive) yellow at the corner of Spring Valley and Preston; Silver (couldn't tell Sebring or Silverstone) Hillcrest and Campbell...clear side markers (blinker was on).

I think it would be kind of cool to see if these guys/gals are on here and if not, to figure out how many are out there that are not members!

-Thomas
Old 12-19-2006, 07:00 PM

Yea I see around 2 a day as well.

One was a black one with black aftermarket rims on forest park right before you get into downtown.

Another black one near hulen and 35 like by Central Market

Theres also a yellow one I see every once in a while on hulen, one time at a gamestop
Old 12-19-2006, 10:49 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

i usually see a lot too and wave to most of them. no one on the forums though. the other day i saw a black one with exhaust, kinda looked like it was wrapped with that gauz lookin stuff for drone reduction or whatever. but man that guy just wouldnt let me get up next to him. vrooooom
Old 12-19-2006, 11:28 PM

A funny thing happened to me the other day (about a week ago), I'm at a stop light...I never look around, don't want to encourage anything you know, but I love feeling the Vtec so I take off as usual, 9K in first, as I'm hitting Vtec in second I see something kind of red out of the corner of my eye so I don't push it and slow down...then, all of the sudden I see a NFR go past me as I slow down, all I could do is smile thinking, well, at least I know I could have kept up Then he turned into UTD's campus...good times!

I waved, he waved back...I find it weird that since the S is pretty rare that I see so many in N. Dallas, guess there's lots of people with great taste in our area!!
Old 12-20-2006, 10:12 AM

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by uwimage,Dec 20 2006, 02:28 AM
A funny thing happened to me the other day (about a week ago), I'm at a stop light...I never look around, don't want to encourage anything you know, but I love feeling the Vtec so I take off as usual, 9K in first, as I'm hitting Vtec in second I see something kind of red out of the corner of my eye so I don't push it and slow down...then, all of the sudden I see a NFR go past me as I slow down, all I could do is smile thinking, well, at least I know I could have kept up Then he turned into UTD's campus...good times!

I waved, he waved back...I find it weird that since the S is pretty rare that I see so many in N. Dallas, guess there's lots of people with great taste in our area!!
S2000's are not rare at all, I see about 3 a day just driving to and from work 20 miles round trip. If you drive around the tollway in north dallas/frisco/plano you can probably easily see 5+ a day
Old 12-20-2006, 10:38 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by CosmosMpower,Dec 20 2006, 01:12 PM
S2000's are not rare at all, I see about 3 a day just driving to and from work 20 miles round trip. If you drive around the tollway in north dallas/frisco/plano you can probably easily see 5+ a day
He's right... It's the RX8s that are rare... I hardly ever see one of those driving around. If anyone sees one, be sure to post up some pics.
Old 12-20-2006, 10:42 AM

Lol yea of course they aren't rare.

I mean most cars are only sold in the 5-8k range right.

Come on now you do realize that the DFW area is a generally well off area so you are more likely to see them.

Compared to Z's and Z4's they are way rarer
Old 12-20-2006, 10:45 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

yup, everyone and there moms drives a Z. literally haha
Old 12-20-2006, 12:07 PM

Actually in the Garland/Richardson/N. Dallas area, I see tons of 350Z/RX8s/G35s, but not many S2ks. Every once in awhile, i'll catch 1 or 2 a day. But most of the time, I don't see any.

I'm in the N. Dallas/Richardson area all the time but I drive a AP1 GPW. My top will always be down so it's hard to miss me. Stock looking car though. And I'll always wave if I see you!
Old 12-20-2006, 12:14 PM

I see maybe 4 a month.

Quick Reply: DFW Sightings