New England S2000 Owners New England S2000 Owners

Holiday Cookie Party

Old 11-25-2007, 09:37 AM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts
Default Holiday Cookie Party

ATTENTION PLEASE: FABULOUS HOLIDAY PARTY ANNOUNCEMENT!!!

Ok gang, hang on to your hats!!! . Barbara and I would like to have the gang over the house during the holiday season and we thought a cookie party would be fun. Everyone in the community is invited, and we hope you all can come over. This is not the official NES2KO holiday party, but it could become the official party if lots of you can make it.

We'd like to get things started around 6:00PM. Due to the overwhelming response, there will be a variety of appetizers and gourmet sandwiches served, so bring your appetite.

We can do some Christmas caroling around the piano, enjoy a variety of adult beverages, and have the usual hilarious conversations.
Please drink responsibly. We don't want any accidents during or after the party. If you plan on having a few, please have a designated driver. We can try to arrange a dd list and schedule if need be. Just send me a PM.

Then, for dessert, we will exchange and share delicious cookies that we all bake from scratch and bring to the party.

So please sign up early and indicate if you are bringing the plus one. This will be a great party!!!!!

Special added events:
Cookie taste off. (Rules by Barbara)
Paperback swap meet (take a book, PLEASE!!!)

IN!!! 34 so far

Legal Bill + Barbara
Jeff ('Rex) + Steph
Lainey + Holiday Rick!
Cubs + Erin (with mini Cubs)
Julius
Steve (Best member EVA!)
Ben
Lynda + Jim
Bruce
Scott (Gladwins) + Kimee
Ryan +Rebecca (a very good sport!)
Eric
Angela (Grannyrod, aka Bass's +1 )
Jim + Elaine
Jerry (Bolton Blue)
Patty (all the way from Cali)
Jim (S1997 all the way from Texas!!!)
daktruckie + 1
Doug (DJweaver)
Scott (Twizted) our festive friend from New Hampshire!!
Ahsan
Jerry (drivin' up from P-ay)
The Chazmo Clan

A message from the admins:

You have posted a message with more emoticons that this board allows. Please reduce the number of emoticons you've added to the message
Old 11-25-2007, 09:42 AM
Former Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow we would really like to attend, however, this date will not work for us.

My family from all over the US will be at my house that weekend to celebrate the Holiday Season.
Old 11-25-2007, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by PAS2KNut,Nov 25 2007, 01:42 PM
Wow we would really like to attend, however, this date will not work for us.

My family from all over the US will be at my house that weekend to celebrate the Holiday Season.
Well I'm very sorry to hear that. We thought about the 22nd, but that is the Saturday before Christmas and we figured everyone would be too busy.
Old 11-25-2007, 09:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

AWESOME!!!!!!

Can we have a competition for the best cookies again??? My only recomendation would be that any store-bought cookies do not qualify for the competition. I am still sore from losing to Bruce's store bought cookies last year

Great idea for a meet.
Old 11-25-2007, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by sireousrex,Nov 25 2007, 01:50 PM
AWESOME!!!!!!

Can we have a competition for the best cookies again??? My only recomendation would be that any store-bought cookies do not qualify for the competition. I am still sore from losing to Bruce's store bought cookies last year

Great idea for a meet.
Great idea Jeff The taste test is a go!!!
Old 11-25-2007, 10:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bill, since you are the MC of the event, it is only natural that you preside over the rules. To clear things up, will cookies be required to have flour in them? There was some fuss last year over some very tasty things that were passed off as cookies, but had no flour in them. To me that's candy and not cookies.
Old 11-25-2007, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by sireousrex,Nov 25 2007, 02:03 PM
Bill, since you are the MC of the event, it is only natural that you preside over the rules. To clear things up, will cookies be required to have flour in them? There was some fuss last year over some very tasty things that were passed off as cookies, but had no flour in them. To me that's candy and not cookies.
While creativity is encouraged, the items offered for competition must be a cookie. Brownies and candies are welcome at the party, but they are not eligible for the contest. Flour, or a similar base is required. (Some cookies are made from a base that is not really flour). If you have any doubts, ask me before hand.
Old 11-25-2007, 10:42 AM
Former Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Legal Bill,Nov 25 2007, 02:10 PM
While creativity is encouraged, the items offered for competition must be a cookie. Brownies and candies are welcome at the party, but they are not eligible for the contest. Flour, or a similar base is required. (Some cookies are made from a base that is not really flour). If you have any doubts, ask me before hand.
This is beginning to sound like last nights discussion if a VW is eligible for membership into the Red German Car Club.
Old 11-25-2007, 10:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have never seen Bill use so many smileys in my LIFE!!!
Old 11-25-2007, 11:00 AM

Received 2,763 Likes on 1,624 Posts

We're in. I'll bring Betty, but likely won't enter a contest, since I'll lose to all those folks who make HOME MADE cookies.

Quick Reply: Holiday Cookie Party