UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Clean S2000 Club

Old 11-09-2014, 10:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is an awesome job Floppy, nothing looks better than flat black when detailed properly, love the wheels too.
Old 11-10-2014, 10:27 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks guys. It took a lot of effort but its well worth it when you get the results and can finally stand back to admire it!
Old 11-11-2014, 03:05 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It's good to see your car swirl free again, Floppy!
Old 11-11-2014, 03:21 AM

Lovely work Al, paintwork comes up a treat!

To save yourself the 6 monthly hassle and to save the clear coat from getting thinner and thinner twice a year before you run out and need another respray.

You should've dropped me a message so we can get it sealed up with harder setting coatings that mean you wont need to worry about the constant marring and fine scratches that'll be put in the paintwork each time you wash it as the coatings will set a lot harder than the super soft clear coat.

Let me know next time pal
Old 11-12-2014, 08:03 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Deep Impact Aaron

To save yourself the 6 monthly hassle and to save the clear coat from getting thinner and thinner twice a year before you run out and need another respray.

You should've dropped me a message so we can get it sealed up with harder setting coatings that mean you wont need to worry about the constant marring and fine scratches that'll be put in the paintwork each time you wash it as the coatings will set a lot harder than the super soft clear coat.

Not possible from what I've experienced and been told. After machining if I panel wipe it the wipe puts scratches back into the surface. Ive spoken to Lee at XD and he's said thats fairly common so unless I apply Crystal Serum to it I'm better off to machine it with a light compound and pad from time to time. I don't have the money for that sort of coating and C1/Exo V2 isn't tough enough to stop the light scratching I'm getting.

I'll either sell the car or have it painted a different colour before or when the clear coat runs out!
Old 11-13-2014, 01:08 AM

Originally Posted by Floppy
Originally Posted by Deep Impact Aaron' timestamp='1415708502' post='23400839

Not possible from what I've experienced and been told. After machining if I panel wipe it the wipe puts scratches back into the surface. Ive spoken to Lee at XD and he's said thats fairly common so unless I apply Crystal Serum to it I'm better off to machine it with a light compound and pad from time to time. I don't have the money for that sort of coating and C1/Exo V2 isn't tough enough to stop the light scratching I'm getting.

I'll either sell the car or have it painted a different colour before or when the clear coat runs out!
There isn't JUST Crystal Serum on the market mate, most detailers will promote the most expensive/profitible option for them, oh the art of upselling.

There are many coatings out there offering 3h to 9h+ hardness, it all depends on which branding you want really.

With the right microfiber cloth, you can greatly reduce the marring you inflict with each wipe. You can get a magnificent finish using many coatings.

For instance, crystal serum is a great product in the way it forms a thicker layer and sets harer on the top than on the bottom, you can also do this using other coatings from other manufacturers, for example, 2 layers of Carbon Collective Platinum Paint followed 2 layers of Oracle will add very a very similar layer of protection and hardness to Crystal Serum topped with ExoV2. Again, you can do the same with C1 and ExoV2, Gyeon MOHS+ and Cquartz, Modesta etc. there are quite a few manufacturers out thre now doing amazing coatings that all offer great scratch/marring/swirl resistance both when applying and afterwards for vehicle maintenance.

If you want more info next time mate, gimme a shout
Old 04-24-2015, 01:05 PM

Received 85 Likes on 68 Posts

OK had to post new respray and a coat of canubra wax.