S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

KRAFTWERKS SUPERCHARGER

Old 09-14-2007, 08:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KRAFTWERKS SUPERCHARGER

Oscar Jr. asked me if I could make a thread dedicated to the discussion about the new Rotrex kits that way all questions, concerns can be adressed and responded to in this thread instead of the other few scattered on the Forum. I know Oscar Jr. Jrod and myself will try to keep this thread updated for you guys

Originally Posted by OscarJr@JacksonRacing

Let me tell you about KraftWerks:

KraftWerks was started to house all of our Rotrex-powered supercharger kits by Jackson Racing. We believe the Rotrex product will be able to grow with this brand into the future.

KraftWerks is made up of us at Jackson Racing, with Oscar Jackson Sr. at the helm and the rest of our Jackson Racing supercharger engineers. The same quality and technology that you have known of JR, will be with KraftWerks, and will be better than ever. We have improved our supercharger design techniques and have learned quite a bit on the Rotrex supercharger from recent testing.

KraftWerks will establish its own distribution by the time of the release of our new kits. No other companies will be responsible for the distribution of KraftWerks supercharger kits.

We are working on some improvements to the Fit SC kit, no information on the changes has been released. The official changes will be made public at a later date. We hope to have the kit released by this December.

We appreciate the support of the Fit community very much. KraftWerks would also like to thank JDMChris for his continued support through this mess!

We are very excited about our new venture, and hope the Fit community is ready for some boost!!

Thank you all!

-Oscar Jackson Jr.
Old 09-14-2007, 07:53 PM

Biggest drawback I see with the kit as it needs it's own oil pump, cooler and tank. it runs a special oil that it can not share with the engine.

So we would have three coolers in front of the radiator.
Old 09-14-2007, 09:07 PM

[QUOTE=blackey,Sep 14 2007, 07:53 PM]Biggest drawback I see with the kit as it needs it's own oil pump, cooler and tank.
Old 09-15-2007, 04:35 PM

Pic from home coming meet. Set up has changed a bit already since then. Also, very very very early dyno numbers.

Name:  IMG_2749.jpg
Views: 2551
Size:  164.1 KB
Name:  IMG_2750.jpg
Views: 639
Size:  71.9 KB
Old 09-15-2007, 05:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was wondering how you would go about increasing boost with the rotrex blower. Would you simply change the pulley size or would the traction drive cancel out the higher impeller speeds?
Old 09-17-2007, 02:08 PM

[QUOTE=S2Kart,Sep 15 2007, 07:46 AM] Because of it's unique geartrain (viscous-coupled planetary), the Rotrex can use more of a turbo impeller - higher max RPM - than a conventional centrifugal SC.
Old 09-17-2007, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by neeman77,Sep 15 2007, 05:40 PM
I was wondering how you would go about increasing boost with the rotrex blower. Would you simply change the pulley size or would the traction drive cancel out the higher impeller speeds?
Like with most superchargers, we change the boost pressure with pulley size. Having said that, the Rotrex does use a different method of attaching the pulley to the supercharger. It does not use a simple keyway.

-Oscar Jackson Jr.
Old 09-17-2007, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by JustinC,Sep 17 2007, 08:24 AM
Well one good thing about the Rotrex is they are about to release a special "transmission" for the blower that will allow it to run a gearing of 1:1.365 which will allow for low end torque and then it will switch back to 1:1 at higher RPMs to allow for a more linear boost curve. I don't know how much the kit will cost, but I know that you can buy just the compressor and oil system for around 2200.00 So I don't know how much more they are going to charge for the brackets and EM.
The Antonov drive system is not affiliated in any way with Rotrex and Rotrex Superchargers.

The Antonov drive has not reached a production state, but they are continuing their studies.

-Oscar Jackson Jr.
Old 09-17-2007, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by trivium,Sep 16 2007, 07:27 PM
This is a Rotrex SC, not a centrifugal SC.
The Rotrex SC is a centrifugal supercharger.

But it is unlike any other centrifugal supercharger because of its drive system and features. The drive system is what allows the smaller compressors. Features include no oil pan tapping, ultra quiet operation, high impeller speeds, high efficiency, etc.

-Oscar Jackson Jr.
Old 09-17-2007, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by brilliant,Sep 17 2007, 10:58 AM
5-7K. and you still need engine management and injectors etc? yikes.
The KraftWerks kits, as with all Jackson Racing kits in the past, will come with everything you need. This includes fuel management, and depending on the kit, injectors. All our kits are complete, with no "figure it out on your own" parts.

-Oscar Jr.

Quick Reply: KRAFTWERKS SUPERCHARGER