Gateway S2000 Owners Members for St. Louis MO and area.

Stefanina's get together

Old 11-21-2019, 06:34 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This time it was my turn to drive over and not see anyone. I talked to Bill for a half hour or so before heading home. Hope next month goes better.

Greg
Old 07-09-2020, 03:24 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

While I'm amazed that there have been no apparent meets at Stephanina's since last year, I suppose that I shouldn't be all that surprised either. Many situational factors lead to the current environment making these type of events a risky proposition.

I moved out of my STL house in late March of this year, and then sold the place in early April. It's hot and sticky down here in FL, but at least I'll never need to worry about snow!

The Honda doesn't get driven much here since most of my driving excursions are over to the house being built for me down here. The 2200sq ft workshop is going to be a great place to exercise my preferences for working on my own car though. I will need to yank the transmission out at some point and fix a second gear pop out issue it exhibits occasionally. When you buy a car like this that's been owned by a youthful enthusiast, it's never a sure thing that the transmission/differential won't need repair at some point.

I wish they'd hurry up and finish my house of course. We are starting to head towards the one year point on the construction. It's been 10 months already, and while there doesn't seem to be a lot left to do, nothing is happening particularly rapidly at this point either.

Hope all in STL are doing well and weathering the virus issues without difficulty. Not a lot of people with virus issues here, but there are definitely some (including one of my kitchen cabinetry guys).

Greg
Old 07-09-2020, 07:48 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Hi Greg,

The weather here is about the same as Florida, but I think our virus situation may be a little better. Most of us on the forum are in the high-risk category, but I did get a carry-out at Stefanina's. It was good, but there are probably 100 pizza restaurants closer for me. I look forward to seeing everyone in the future.

As for your construction: Don't forget the 90-10 rule definitely applies.
Old 07-12-2020, 09:53 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by kschoenefeld
Hi Greg,

The weather here is about the same as Florida, but I think our virus situation may be a little better. Most of us on the forum are in the high-risk category, but I did get a carry-out at Stefanina's. It was good, but there are probably 100 pizza restaurants closer for me. I look forward to seeing everyone in the future.

As for your construction: Don't forget the 90-10 rule definitely applies.
Hi all
Hope every one is healthy,Alexis and I are fine just getting bored staying home, hopefully things will be better in a couple of months. i also look forward to that time...Stay healthy all...Pete&Alexis