Florida For Sale Members Only!
Mark this thread as Unsold

PuddyMod list of available products

Old 01-16-2008, 07:06 AM

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
Default PuddyMod list of available products

This is my very first post of my products as a sponsor of the site now

I am only posting in our local for sale threads to offer to my local S2KI/S2000 community special deals.
This is for you guys that can meet up with me or come pick up your PuddyMods here in Brooksville.
Hard Top Guy sells my products now on the national sight and our fellow S2KI members can buy through him. Jeff is a good friend and our deal was made before I got my sponsorship.

As you guy know me here, most of you know what I make and build for our car. For the people that don�t know this is what I do.

This is the new PuddyMod ETD mount kit.
I believe it to be the most comprehensive S2000 safe kit on the market. This kit bolts right in without having to disfigure or alter the car. The kit comes with a full set of instructions that take you step by step through the installation process of your new Engine Torque Damper.
PuddyMod ETD mount kits comes complete as follows:
1 PuddyMod V-2 mount with grade #8 hardware
1 Template to cut your factory heat shield
1 Full set of instructions to install.
$65 shipped or $60 for pick up

********ALL NEW 1/4" Thick PuddyMod ACV********
PuddyMod EGR/ACV cover
This 3/16� Now 1/4" thick billet aluminum cover plate is used when you eliminate the valve or air pump system when going with a stand alone EMS.
Can be used on FI or N/A Honda S2000 up to year 2005
$17.00 shipped or $14.00 picked up

We can bore your intake manifold throttle body opening to most any size you need and do all necessary welding and modifications to support your aftermarket or altered stock TB.
We also can de-burr, port match, then polish your IM for more efficient flow. Your intake manifold will fit and appear as stock but, will function at a greater efficiency. With supporting modifications your PuddyModed IM will help in making more power and smoother power.

PuddyMod aluminum splitter
The splitter provides a duel purpose, high speed stability and down force, and the other to protect the front end from damage...Oh and it looks cool

The splitter is made of high quality 1/8� thick aluminum that is light weight and very strong. The splitter has a brushed finish that can be left as is, painted, or powder coated.
The splitter is custom fitted to the car so nothing has to be cut or removed to install it. There are 4 predrilled locater holes to allow for a quick parliamentary install of the splitter. These predrilled holes will line up to factory ready threaded locations.
Once the splitter is in place you can then locate your factory bumper mountings or use your own choice in mounting locations. It is your choice and responsibility to mount the splitter.

The splitter will fit both AP1 and AP2 cars with or without factory lip. On the AP2 car the splitter has a less aggressive look than that of the AP1 car.

The splitter extends under the car a full 24� back just past the radiator. Pre made openings in the splitter allow for radiator maintenance without having to remove the splitter.

The splitter is a special order only item and requires a order of 2 units before I will make them. A deposit is required for each splitter ordered. A price quote will be given before the work begins.

PuddyMod built rear differentials

We fully cryogenically treat the rear, that is every part is cryo treated that can be.
Fully built and reinforced housing that can hold upwards of 200,000 PSI stock is only 60,000 PSI
New bearings, seals, and hardware are used
Fully de-burred and polished gears for smoother, cooler, and more quiet operation.
Black phosphate finishing (same process used in firearms )
Solid custom sleeved pinion (no crush collar) we use 10/20 mandrel steel (seamless)
Fresh paint on the housing
Precision balanced assembly of rear using better than factory tolerances.

$2,950

The PuddyMod solid steel sleeve is made of 10/20 mandrel steel it is seamless and will not distort or compress. It is turned and machined by hand in several lathes until the proper size and fit is achieved. Each sleeve is made one at a time and is unique to it�s housing and gear set. We do not shim the sleeve, we custom fit it to your rear.

Solid steel sleeves have been around for a long time. They have been used in high performance differentials for many years by top race teams that are serious about finishing and winning.

In high horse power and hard track driven cars these sleeves are a must have, or you may find your self sitting on the side lines with a blown diff, watching the competition pass you by.

Gear ratios that are available are, 3.63, 3.91, 4.10, 4.3, 4.44, 4.77, and 4.88 gear sets. (Richmond 4.56/57 if I have them)

Core return credit for good complete rear differential
$400

Bad or blown core return $200

Nothing is 100% bullet proof , even in the pros of NHRA drag racing brake stuff all the time. If it were possible to make a rear unbreakable these guys would have it.

Our rear fails for a few reasons, over stressed cast iron bearing caps, crush sleeve compression during hard launches, and driver error. Even if the cap dose not brake it will stretch and distort causing improper gear aliment, then boom gear or LSD failure happens.
I have received good cores with bearing cap bolts that were twisted from the caps stretching.
I have also seen pinions with little to no turning torque due to crush sleeve fatigue.

All gears whine even if it's not that loud. The stock 4.10 will wine you just have to listen for it. The amount of whine will depend on how the gears are setup or how aggressive the gear is. I will take many days with one rear if need be to get a pattern and backlash I can be happy to put my name on. I have had great luck with the Richmond 4.56 gear sets.
The amount of whine that they produce when setup right is not bad, it is less loud than the exhaust and is only present at certain RPM ranges
I have 4.57 gears in my car (third set) and like them best.
This is what we do,

OEM crush sleeve in back ground solid sleeve on pinion

Fresh paint and rebuilt too hold 200,000 PSI

In the car

Introducing the PuddyMod Stage 2 Differential for Honda S2000

This build is your best bang for the buck in a upgraded and enhanced diff.
This rear has a 100% none failure rate and is ideal for N/A and cars with forced induction up to 350 Horse Power.

PM Stage 2 rear build,

The rear is set up for N/A and low boosted cars.
It is rebuilt from the housing in starting with every part being cryogenically thermo cycled, then new pinion bearings and seals are used to assemble. There is a one piece PuddyMod solid steel sleeve used instead of an OEM crush collar. The solid sleeve is made of 10/20 mandrel steel, it is seamless and will not compress under heavy stress like the OEM can. Solid sleeves are used in high performance drag racing rear ends because they work. The PM sleeve is a custom made part to fit this rear, it is a one piece steel sleeve. The stock hardware is replaced with new 10.9 hardware. Backlash is set at 3 to 4 thousands giving a tighter gear to gear fit.
Full Blueprint assembly of rear using precision accuracy to better than factory tolerances.

Price for the standard PM Stage 2 rear is $1,560
AP2 housing and polished gear options are extra.

PuddyMod Stage 2 rear shown with standard AP1 housing and none polished gears.

PuddyMod Stage 2 rear shown with polished gears in a AP1 housing.

PuddyMod Stage 2 rear shown with Optional AP2 housing, polished gears, and OSG LSD.

PuddyMod Stage 2 showing the PuddyMod solid steel sleeve (on pinion) and polished gear option. Note: the factory crush sleeve beside pinion that has been replaced by the superior PuddyMod solid steel sleeve.
The following users liked this post:
chrissmithbz (12-11-2016)
Old 01-28-2008, 05:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

man I wonder how It would hold up in a turbo s2000

scared to launch mine hard at the track
Old 02-07-2008, 07:00 PM

Building a few new rears this week stand by for postings and pics
Old 02-08-2008, 06:18 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Puddy...look forward to catching up at the HGPSP. The more I track the more I know we need to talk. Off to Roebling again in March...hopefully with HGPSP decals.

Bump for a great seller.
Old 02-27-2008, 02:00 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks awesome.

I might just have to jump on one of these later this year.
Old 02-27-2008, 08:13 PM

We need to talk before the Dragon
Old 02-28-2008, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by RXDI,Feb 28 2008, 12:13 AM
We need to talk before the Dragon
As a friend of mine, and a guy that has helped me out with computer stuff and doing our first headlight mods together
I would be more than happy to fix your noisy, whiny rear diff I will do it free of charge just cover necessary parts like, seals and stuff and throw a few bucks to Robby for shop time and that
Old 02-29-2008, 06:08 AM

I guess I better lay off the clutch drops for a while. Thanks Ben!
Old 03-02-2008, 07:20 AM

The new 4.57 PuddyMod rear good for 200,000 PSI

Old 03-03-2008, 11:44 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

BUMP for one of my favorite fella's from the forum!!!!!
Ben, you're a damn good guy..

If you're coming up for the wake the dragon meet, or if you ever come up to run the dragon.. let me know, I try to go twice a month during the good-weather months!!!! I'll show you and your buddies, whoever rides up with you, some other really good mountain runs only us locals know of (well, i consider myself a local, but i'm still 2.5hrs away!! LOL)

Thanks again for all your help with my diff stuff, and I'll definitely let you know how it runs after I get it back from Honda installing it later this afternoon!!

Best regards,
Tylor
The following users liked this post:
Noble (07-04-2019)

Quick Reply: PuddyMod list of available products