• 51 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The quest for "Flushness" using AP2 OEM Wheels! Good reading + pics for using spacers :)

#26 User is offline   s4play 

• Topic Starter
  • Group: Member

Posted 03 February 2009 - 09:04 PM

Well with no fender rolling, I'm pretty sure you can NOT run 255 rears because I had to raise my back 2 turns on the coils to avoid hitting on extreme bumps.

Fronts I think you can get away with 225 up front since there is still some clearance space.

I torque the wheel spacer bolts to the same 90 ft lbs as my wheel bolts.

I actually like the oem rims - tried a few aftermarkets and don't really like the look. Plus you can't beat the cost savings.

However it's really not a money issue for me since god knows how much I dumped on my s2000 already. I just want a clean look and I think the oem nsx rims are my favorite so far :)

rick
04' GPW/Onyx Acura NSX
05' Audi S4
10' Audi R8
09' GPW s2000
11' Hayabusa

Gone, but not forgotten: (gt3/m3) http://www.m3forum.n...ad.php?t=203205

#27 User is offline   ss04 

• Group: Guest

Posted 03 February 2009 - 09:21 PM

what year NSX are those from? Are they not staggered 16"/17"?
Posted Image

Former 2004 S2000 Owner | Current '95 Targa NSX Owner!! :)

My passion & career: Smart Home Automation :)

#28 User is offline   WynnS123 

• View gallery

Posted 03 February 2009 - 09:31 PM

Well with no fender rolling, I'm pretty sure you can NOT run 255 rears because I had to raise my back 2 turns on the coils to avoid hitting on extreme bumps.

Fronts I think you can get away with 225 up front since there is still some clearance space.

Thanks for the quick response!

I'm running a 225 tire up front and a 255 in the rear on oem ap2 v1 wheels. So with stock fenders you think i can get away with running a 15mm spacer up front, and a 10mm spacer in the rear? I plan on lowering my car about 1.5 inches from stock height.

Also what brand of spacers do you recommend front/rear? :tipwink:

#29 User is offline   s4play 

• Topic Starter

Posted 03 February 2009 - 10:12 PM

what year NSX are those from? Are they not staggered 16"/17"?

2002+ NSX's come with 17" wheels all around - look at the specs I gave on my first post! ;)

The spacers are made by H/R, again please READ as I posted all of this info already...grrrrr :pat: (even gave you guys the model numbers!)

Fronts are running 15mm H/R DRS #3065640 (need longer studs, labor)
Rears are running 25mm H/R DRM #5065640 (just bolt on has studs)

Basically all newer body style nsx's (2002+) come with these forged lightweight wheels. I did not have a scale handy but they weigh considerable LESS than the ap2 oem wheel!

Wheels came from my other car shown here (no spacers yet when this pic was taken)

Posted Image

H/R 25mm spacers being installed:
Posted Image

#30 User is offline   WRS2K 

Posted 03 February 2009 - 11:20 PM

Well that's purely a matter of opinion. I still have yet to see an aggressive fitment aftermarket wheel that looks classy and polished on an S. IMO, the OEM AP2 V1's and V2's suit the car the best.

To each their own - you go equip your car with some wheels you like, and we will use our oem's with spacers :pat:

it's such a true opinion i'll knight it as a fact.

factory wheels do not maximize the aesthetic potential of your beloved s2000. PERIOD. i can't believe someone's arguing with me here.

but then this is the internet where even neon lights on perfectly good headlights is... celebrated. :D
:LOL:

#31 User is offline   ss04 

Posted 03 February 2009 - 11:28 PM

There are PLENTY of S owners that prefer OEM wheels (especially AP2's). Thinking that every S owner prefers aftermarket wheels is rather ignorant :rolleyes: There is no argument here, just different strokes for different folks...

However, I will say this: There are many aftermarket wheels I'd LOVE to slap on my car and try out... but I would never sell my V1's :D

This post has been edited by ss04: 03 February 2009 - 11:42 PM

#32 User is offline   S2Kskeetskeet 

Posted 04 February 2009 - 01:24 PM

I actually like the oem rims - tried a few aftermarkets and don't really like the look. Plus you can't beat the cost savings.

However it's really not a money issue for me since god knows how much I dumped on my s2000 already. I just want a clean look and I think the oem nsx rims are my favorite so far :)

rick

Great thread!

"Well with no fender rolling, I'm pretty sure you can NOT run 255 rears because I had to raise my back 2 turns on the coils to avoid hitting on extreme bumps."

Was this with the 25mm? What do you think about running a 255 with the 15mm?

Also, have you noticed any vibration or any other negative effects?

#33 User is offline   jdmfool 

Posted 04 February 2009 - 04:17 PM

what you do to your taillights? pm the me how to acheive that. look sick!!!!!!!!!!!

#34 User is offline   nichigo 

Posted 04 February 2009 - 04:30 PM

it's such a true opinion i'll knight it as a fact.

factory wheels do not maximize the aesthetic potential of your beloved s2000. PERIOD. i can't believe someone's arguing with me here.

but then this is the internet where even neon lights on perfectly good headlights is... celebrated. :D

U are always arguing with someone, aren't you? :pat:

Love the NSX stockies...they look like the Prodrives :thumbup:
BUILD JOURNAL | Instagram @nichigogo #nicks2k
Posted Image

#35 User is offline   L-X 

Posted 08 February 2009 - 01:48 PM

15mm rear spacers installed:
Posted Image

25mm rear spacers installed:
Posted Image

they look the same to me. Did u mean to show the 25mm in the first of these 2 pix as well?

Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#36 User is offline   WRS2K 

Posted 08 February 2009 - 02:04 PM

There are PLENTY of S owners that prefer OEM wheels (especially AP2's). Thinking that every S owner prefers aftermarket wheels is rather ignorant :rolleyes: There is no argument here, just different strokes for different folks...

However, I will say this: There are many aftermarket wheels I'd LOVE to slap on my car and try out... but I would never sell my V1's :D

i'm sure there are plenty because plenty can't afford to spend $4K on quality aftermarket wheels.

it's only when $s come into play where people prefer the factory wheels... you need to like whaty ou got and you will justify its value. factory wheels have offsets that look best at stock height. most aftermarket wheels will look worse at stock height.

but when yoyu start to tinker witht he suspension by lowering it, you need to head to the aftermarket selection for the best look.

with that said, there's a lot of crap aftermarket wheels people shoe onto their s2000s but whatever a lot of people just don' t have a clue either

#37 User is offline   07RioS2k 

Posted 08 February 2009 - 02:16 PM

[QUOTE=WRS2K,Feb 8 2009, 11:04 AM] i'm sure there are plenty because plenty can't afford to spend $4K on quality aftermarket wheels.

it's only when $s come into play where people prefer the factory wheels... you need to like whaty ou got and you will justify its value.

This post has been edited by 07RioS2k: 08 February 2009 - 02:16 PM

Posted Image

#38 User is offline   ebisu8 

Posted 08 February 2009 - 02:36 PM

not to highjack this thread but I think you should post a couple pics of your car before the incident to show him what you mean. :thumbup:
Posted Image

#39 User is offline   ThatPreludeGuy 

Posted 08 February 2009 - 04:32 PM

i'm sure there are plenty because plenty can't afford to spend $4K on quality aftermarket wheels.

it's only when $s come into play where people prefer the factory wheels... you need to like whaty ou got and you will justify its value. factory wheels have offsets that look best at stock height. most aftermarket wheels will look worse at stock height.

but when yoyu start to tinker witht he suspension by lowering it, you need to head to the aftermarket selection for the best look.

with that said, there's a lot of crap aftermarket wheels people shoe onto their s2000s but whatever a lot of people just don' t have a clue either

Why are you derailing this thread with your opinions that have nothing to do with the topic?

Back on topic, do we have any side shots front to rear or rear to front showing how the wheels sit after the spacers are added. I see some but they still dont really show how it would be if you were saying cruising behind the car.
!!##*##!!

#40 User is offline   marlonRocks 

Posted 08 February 2009 - 04:59 PM

good info here! and i do agree that stock rims do look good. i will probably be one of the few that will admit that they like the oem ap1 16"s :hidebc:

anyway, just wondering, why did u not use spacers with studs installed for the fronts? is there a reason why you installed extended studs? safety issue? because i have work rsz-r wheels and spoon front fenders that are 25mm wider than stock, so i want to put a spacer up front, maybe 10 or 15 mm. and i was planning on getting the kics spacers with the studs installed, along with the hubcentric rings. i won't do it if safety will be compromised. thanks for the info! :thumbup:

#41 User is offline   s4play 

• Topic Starter

Posted 08 February 2009 - 11:23 PM

anyway, just wondering, why did u not use spacers with studs installed for the fronts? is there a reason why you installed extended studs? safety issue?

Good question so please refer to this picture I posted earlier:

Posted Image

The reason I used EXTENDED STUDS and a spacer is because my final wheel I will be using on my s2000 is the OEM NSX wheel and if you look in the pictur above, that wheel DOES NOT have the recessed holes for the oem studs which will protrude past a 15mm integral wheel spacer as it will hit the wheel.

It will work fine for an oem ap2 rim if that is your final rim but for me, I will need the extended studs for the NSX oem wheel :)

L-X: I think it's the angle I took the picture at but the first picture is 15mm and the second picture is 25mm....

rick

#42 User is offline   ss04 

Posted 08 February 2009 - 11:35 PM

not to highjack this thread but I think you should post a couple pics of your car before the incident to show him what you mean. :thumbup:

I would but I don't want to completely derail this thread. I have plenty of spare cash that I could spend on some Works, or BBS, or bling bling JDM's but I honestly prefer my V1's :)

Thanks for all the info s4play. I'll be ordering some spacers for myself very soon!

#43 User is offline   marlonRocks 

Posted 09 February 2009 - 08:51 PM

The reason I used EXTENDED STUDS and a spacer is because my final wheel I will be using on my s2000 is the OEM NSX wheel and if you look in the pictur above, that wheel DOES NOT have the recessed holes for the oem studs which will protrude past a 15mm integral wheel spacer as it will hit the wheel.

It will work fine for an oem ap2 rim if that is your final rim but for me, I will need the extended studs for the NSX oem wheel :)

L-X: I think it's the angle I took the picture at but the first picture is 15mm and the second picture is 25mm....

rick

AHHHHHH YESSSSSS, I SEE THE LIGHT!!! I FEEEEEL THE POWERRR!!!!! MUAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHA!!!

#44 User is offline   AP CLONE 

Posted 09 February 2009 - 09:30 PM

i'm running a 255 project kicks spacer on my rears but i cut my inner fender trim and i relocated my bumper bolt. i have no rubbing issues and my car is what i consider lowered, and what i mean by lowered is there is not wheel gap my car isn't "kinda lowered" or "where i live my road are messed up so i got minimal drop" LOL! when i finally get around to getting my new wheels i will lower it a bit more so that it's "DUMPT!" DUMPT= tucking tire on 17's

oh i gotta post up some pics asapso you guys can see. i dont have anyright now because i have this thing with posting pics of my car stock "with just a drop. People should really cutback on posting pic's of their stock cars LOL!

#45 User is offline   HONDA RR 

Posted 09 February 2009 - 09:43 PM

Nice info. I have to agree with you on that oem wheels still look the best :thumbup: :thumbup: .
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

#46 User is offline   WRS2K 

Posted 09 February 2009 - 10:36 PM

^^^^^^^^

Not true.

I can afford pretty much any set of aftermarket wheels I want.

But on a Rio I am having a hard time finding a nicer aftermarket wheel. It's the yellow thats making it hard for me to choose.

I think my ap2 v2's look great with half finger gap all they way around and 15mm spacers. 225/255's

yellow is just as easy to match wheels with as silver, black, orange, blue whatever.

what you consulting rainbow brite or something? pls. man up and make a decision.

#47 User is offline   UniqueS2k 

• Interests:My intrest is my s2000 and making it PERFECT!

Posted 09 February 2009 - 11:46 PM

Posted Image

:thumbup: I like the NSX wheels :drool:
Posted Image

#48 User is offline   WynnS123 

• View gallery

Posted 10 February 2009 - 12:19 AM

I think my ap2 v2's look great with half finger gap all they way around and 15mm spacers. 225/255's

Do you rub at all? Did you have to do any fender mods?

Thanks

#49 User is offline   koukikat 

Posted 10 February 2009 - 12:03 PM

Been running 15mm front and 20mm rear for about a year. On Espelir springs, had to relocate bumper tab in the rear and cut down the rear bumper where it was rubbing, stock AP2 tires. Not really any good pics though.. wish I had gone 20mm front and 25mm rear, and coilovers.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#50 User is offline   nichigo 

Posted 10 February 2009 - 12:18 PM

^^Looks sick...i agree though...20/25mm would look nice :)

Ads by Google   S2KI

Share this topic:

• 51 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

1. spontaneous123