Official "Official" Forum All your "Official" threads!

The quest for "Flushness" using AP2 OEM Wheels!

Old 02-03-2009, 07:28 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There are PLENTY of S owners that prefer OEM wheels (especially AP2's). Thinking that every S owner prefers aftermarket wheels is rather ignorant There is no argument here, just different strokes for different folks...

However, I will say this: There are many aftermarket wheels I'd LOVE to slap on my car and try out... but I would never sell my V1's
Old 02-04-2009, 09:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by s4play,Feb 3 2009, 06:04 PM
Well with no fender rolling, I'm pretty sure you can NOT run 255 rears because I had to raise my back 2 turns on the coils to avoid hitting on extreme bumps.

Fronts I think you can get away with 225 up front since there is still some clearance space.

I torque the wheel spacer bolts to the same 90 ft lbs as my wheel bolts.

I actually like the oem rims - tried a few aftermarkets and don't really like the look. Plus you can't beat the cost savings.

However it's really not a money issue for me since god knows how much I dumped on my s2000 already. I just want a clean look and I think the oem nsx rims are my favorite so far

rick
Great thread!

"Well with no fender rolling, I'm pretty sure you can NOT run 255 rears because I had to raise my back 2 turns on the coils to avoid hitting on extreme bumps."

Was this with the 25mm? What do you think about running a 255 with the 15mm?

Also, have you noticed any vibration or any other negative effects?
Old 02-04-2009, 12:17 PM

what you do to your taillights? pm the me how to acheive that. look sick!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-04-2009, 12:30 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by WRS2K,Feb 3 2009, 08:20 PM
it's such a true opinion i'll knight it as a fact.

factory wheels do not maximize the aesthetic potential of your beloved s2000. PERIOD. i can't believe someone's arguing with me here.

but then this is the internet where even neon lights on perfectly good headlights is... celebrated.
U are always arguing with someone, aren't you?

Love the NSX stockies...they look like the Prodrives
Old 02-08-2009, 09:48 AM
L-X

Originally Posted by s4play,Feb 1 2009, 09:16 PM
15mm rear spacers installed:

25mm rear spacers installed:
they look the same to me. Did u mean to show the 25mm in the first of these 2 pix as well?
Old 02-08-2009, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by ss04,Feb 3 2009, 08:28 PM
There are PLENTY of S owners that prefer OEM wheels (especially AP2's). Thinking that every S owner prefers aftermarket wheels is rather ignorant There is no argument here, just different strokes for different folks...

However, I will say this: There are many aftermarket wheels I'd LOVE to slap on my car and try out... but I would never sell my V1's
i'm sure there are plenty because plenty can't afford to spend $4K on quality aftermarket wheels.

it's only when $s come into play where people prefer the factory wheels... you need to like whaty ou got and you will justify its value. factory wheels have offsets that look best at stock height. most aftermarket wheels will look worse at stock height.

but when yoyu start to tinker witht he suspension by lowering it, you need to head to the aftermarket selection for the best look.

with that said, there's a lot of crap aftermarket wheels people shoe onto their s2000s but whatever a lot of people just don' t have a clue either
Old 02-08-2009, 10:16 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=WRS2K,Feb 8 2009, 11:04 AM] i'm sure there are plenty because plenty can't afford to spend $4K on quality aftermarket wheels.

it's only when $s come into play where people prefer the factory wheels... you need to like whaty ou got and you will justify its value.
Old 02-08-2009, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by ss04,Feb 3 2009, 08:28 PM

not to highjack this thread but I think you should post a couple pics of your car before the incident to show him what you mean.
Old 02-08-2009, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by WRS2K,Feb 8 2009, 03:04 PM
i'm sure there are plenty because plenty can't afford to spend $4K on quality aftermarket wheels.

it's only when $s come into play where people prefer the factory wheels... you need to like whaty ou got and you will justify its value. factory wheels have offsets that look best at stock height. most aftermarket wheels will look worse at stock height.

but when yoyu start to tinker witht he suspension by lowering it, you need to head to the aftermarket selection for the best look.

with that said, there's a lot of crap aftermarket wheels people shoe onto their s2000s but whatever a lot of people just don' t have a clue either
Why are you derailing this thread with your opinions that have nothing to do with the topic?

Back on topic, do we have any side shots front to rear or rear to front showing how the wheels sit after the spacers are added. I see some but they still dont really show how it would be if you were saying cruising behind the car.
Old 02-08-2009, 12:59 PM

good info here! and i do agree that stock rims do look good. i will probably be one of the few that will admit that they like the oem ap1 16"s

anyway, just wondering, why did u not use spacers with studs installed for the fronts? is there a reason why you installed extended studs? safety issue? because i have work rsz-r wheels and spoon front fenders that are 25mm wider than stock, so i want to put a spacer up front, maybe 10 or 15 mm. and i was planning on getting the kics spacers with the studs installed, along with the hubcentric rings. i won't do it if safety will be compromised. thanks for the info!

Quick Reply: The quest for "Flushness" using AP2 OEM Wheels!