S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

KraftWerks S2000 Supercharger Systems

Old 03-18-2009, 11:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KraftWerks S2000 Supercharger Systems

KraftWerks S2000 Supercharger Systems

All of the KraftWerks S2000 kits include:
� Rotrex C30-94 Supercharger
� Rotrex Self-Contained Oiling System with Oil Cooler
� Upgraded KraftWerks/Laminova Engine Oil Cooler System
� KraftWerks Oil Filter Relocation Kit
� KraftWerks Air-to-Air Intercooler
� KraftWerks Recirculating Bypass Valve
� KraftWerks Aluminum Intake and Intercooler Piping
� KraftWerks Silicone Hoses
� KraftWerks Oiled Air Filter
� Upgraded KraftWerks Automatic Belt Tensioning System
� KraftWerks 6-Rib Belt
� KraftWerks High-Quality CNC-Machined and Cast Aluminum Brackets
� High-Quality Metric Fasteners and Hardware
� Installation Manual and CD-ROM

The 06-09 Base and High-Boost kits include:
� Hondata/KraftWerks ECU Reflash
o Adjust Fuel
o Adjust Timing
o Revised VTEC Window
o Injector Compensation
o Closed Loop Fuel (Increase Fuel Efficiency)
� 650cc Injectors with KraftWerks Plug and Play Connectors

The 06-09 KraftWerks Kits:
-The 06-09 Base and High-Boost kits are currently CARB Pending

-The High-Boost kit REQUIRES an upgraded clutch/pressure plate.

-Absolutely no tuning is needed on the Base and High-Boost kits. This is a complete bolt-on kit, with everything you need included.

-These kits come with a pre-paid shipping box to Hondata. The ECU is shipped overnight to Hondata for its reflash, and shipped overnight back to you. You will not be going through any Hondata dealers to complete this flash.

-The revised VTEC window on the Hondata reflash is determined by a few things. Throttle Position, RPM Range, and Boost Pressure all help make VTEC seamless, with no hesitations. You will not be in VTEC at cruise speed.

-08+ Honda software support is now available!

AP1 and AP2v1 KraftWerks Kits:
-The AP1 and AP2v1 use a KraftWerks-tuned EManage Ultimate and a KraftWerks built ECU harness. These kits are now available on kraftwerksusa.com!

-Right Hand Drive S2000s are not supported.

YouTune Kits:
-The YouTune Kits allow you to select any KraftWerks pulley, and optimize the power curve to your taste. Injectors and ECU/Tuning solution are NOT included with the YouTune kit. The YouTune kit is designed exclusively for the tuner/racer that has a standalone ECU, properly sized injectors, and access to a dyno/tuning facility.

General KraftWerks Kit Information:
-The KraftWerks kits and Rotrex supercharger have a 2 year limited warranty. This warranty is on the KraftWerks kit components and Rotrex supercharger. Rotrex determines supercharger warranty.

-The Base and High-Boost kits are made to be used on completely stock engine components. If you have modified engine internals or an aftermarket head-gasket, we highly recommend the YouTune kit.

-There is an upgrade path from Base kit to High-Boost kit. The Hondata Reflash will cover both the Base and High-Boost kits. A simple pulley and belt change will be the only changes to get to the next level.

-Any aftermarket exhaust can be used with the KraftWerks kits.

-Test pipes can be used with our Hondata reflash. We recommend checking your air/fuel ratio post installation of a test-pipe.

-The stock MAP sensor is utilized in both the Base and High-Boost kits. No problems using the stock MAP sensor.

-The KraftWerks kits use a single belt in the system. We have extensively tested this serpentine drive, and have verified its capabilities. There is no slippage when using a KraftWerks drive system on your S2000. We have had great belt life, and no issues with our belt drive's capabilities.

Q: Why is the KraftWerks tensioning system adjusted/moved?
A: Belts stretch with RPM and load. An automatic (dynamic) tensioner is in a belt system to take up the belt slack as it stretches. Properly located automatic tensioners, according to OEM, are placed on the slack side of the crank pulley. What is interesting is the stock S2000 does not have this absolutely "correct." Honda has an idler between the crank and the auto tensioner on the F20/F22. Does it work NA? Yes, but the belt does loosen at high RPM.

But even with this questionable location, we tested our original belt drive using the stock tensioner. Why not? It will save us from adding one in! Well we tested, and did not have desired results. With the extra grip required to turn the supercharger, the longer belt, and having the tensioner on the "wrong" side of the drive, it was simply too much for the tensioner at the top. On the dyno, we would have belt slip and lose boost at high RPM. Then we had one of our long time engineers, put a wrench on the tensioner and we made a pass. Once he manually held tension using a wrench, there was no slip. So now we HAD to move the tensioner to the proper location; following the crank pulley. This would ensure proper tension going to the Rotrex, and provide better tension to the entire belt system.

We attempted to move the Honda tensioner down, but it simply would not fit in the tight area we needed it in. We contacted our O.E. suppliers, and they were able to provide us with the tensioner you see in the kits today.

So, moving the tensioner provided us proper belt tension and no belt slippage. That is why it is moved.

Q: I have heard something about tensioner pulleys failing?
A: KraftWerks warrantied a single tensioner pulley failure for a customer in August 2008. We discovered the high-speed bearings shipped were not our original spec, and required the spec'd ceramic high-speed bearing. These new bearings are WELL within spec and are extremely durable. KraftWerks replaced all tensioner pulleys, at no cost to our customers, in September 2008. All KraftWerks kit owners accepted the pulley update and have had no issues.

Q: Is Oscar Jr. the owner or an engineer at KraftWerks?
A: No. Oscar Jr. is not the owner or an engineer at KraftWerks. Oscar Jr. was not involved in the engineering of the KraftWerks supercharger system. He does beat on the cars during testing though.

Q: How are KraftWerks supercharger systems made?
A: Oscar Jackson Sr. and our team of KraftWerks engineers develop the KraftWerks systems using the most modern equipment available. We use our own rapid-prototyping, laser scanning, and engine testing equipment to develop all of our supercharger systems. We take a lot of pride in our testing as well, driving the vehicles extensively before release. Our in-house chassis dyno is used almost every day, and has hundreds and hundreds of hours logged with KraftWerks cars.

The Rotrex Supercharger:
-The Rotrex is small; about the size of the turbo it competes against. It has a traction drive, and is sans the turbine of course.

-The traction drive system has been tested to over 500,000RPM! Current compressor wheels will not live at that RPM though. The smallest Rotrex unit spins at 201,000 RPM all day long!

-It uses the same compressor wheels and housings as its turbo opponents, because the drive system can turn the proper RPMs.

-The Rotrex supercharger pumps its own Rotrex SX100 oil, so there is no need to tap the oil pan or add an oil pump. A small Rotrex reservoir is included, along with a small oil cooler for the Rotrex oil.

-The Rotrex SX100 traction oil should be replaced every 50,000 miles or 2 years. If you are doing some heavy track abuse, I recommend changing the oil more often. The bottle included with the kit will cover your first 50,000 miles or so under normal conditions.

-The Rotrex drive system is a planetary traction drive system. This patented drive allows the Rotrex to spin to extremely high RPMs. There is some calculated slip in the system, but it is very small. This drive has no cut gears, which allows the Rotrex to be ultra quiet.

-The ratio in the Rotrex supercharger never varies. The C30-94 supercharger used on the S2000 kit has a 9.49:1 ratio.

-The supercharger pulley size changes the speed of the Rotrex, just like any other traditional supercharger.

KraftWerks is the exclusive distributor for Rotrex superchargers in North America for import vehicles. That means our customers talk to people who know the Rotrex intimately. We work directly with Rotrex A/S to ensure the superchargers are always installed properly, within specs, and perform at their best.

KraftWerks has developed supercharger systems for all types of disciplines, ranging from Drag Racing to Time Attack to Land Speed Racing. Hondata uses KraftWerks/Rotrex superchargers on their Bonneville Land Speed RSX that ran 234mph! 949 Racing in their first time with the KraftWerks Miata kit won the Miata Challenge Unlimited class event and set record times.

The automotive industry's top racers and engineers choose KraftWerks products for their personal cars because they know the engineering inside every supercharger system is top notch.

We ask that you please contact KraftWerks Technical Support directly, via phone or email, for any technical questions. Tech support email line is provided on the bottom of your instruction manual. Any kit questions or concerns, feel free to contact us at our general sales email or phone. We are not bothered by questions about our product and its content.

-Oscar Jackson Jr.
KraftWerks Performance Group
Old 03-18-2009, 04:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Oscar,the kit is great.I have had zero issues and I drive my car "everyday" since my kit was "installed" in early OCT. The car is now more than I've hoped for, every part is perfect and works flawlessly !!! Buy this kit ,you will not be let down with the quality of parts ( you won't need to replace or subsitute anything) or the great customer support . Thank you to Kraftwerks and Doug at Hondata who is absolutely the best Honda Tuner on the planet!
Old 03-18-2009, 04:56 PM

Received 103 Likes on 67 Posts

uture buyers should know though that even though this kit does deliver gr8 power and is gr8 ryte out of the box. the kit is limited to the 10 psi that comes with it. There is no higher boost pulley. this may disappoint some that want more power later on. Many people bought the 06+ dbw kit before b.c we thought a smaller pulley would be on the way.

however, quality is gr8!!! if your looking for a gr8 kit that can put down 360ish whp right outta the box this kit is perfect.
Old 03-18-2009, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by s.hasan546,Mar 19 2009, 04:56 AM
future buyers should know though that even though this kit does deliver gr8 power and is gr8 ryte out of the box. the kit is limited to the 10 psi that comes with it. There is no higher boost pulley. this mayy decent some that want more power later on. Many people bought the 06+ dbw kit before b.c we thought a smaller pulley would be on the way.

however, quality is gr8!!! if your looking for a gr8 kit that can put down 360ish whp right outta the box this kit is perfect.
Fair enough,that's all I was looking for!
Old 03-19-2009, 02:40 AM

Originally Posted by archtop,Mar 18 2009, 05:27 PM
Fair enough,that's all I was looking for!
im looking forward to my purchase and installation in june
Old 03-19-2009, 05:19 AM

Originally Posted by OJRKraftWerks,Mar 18 2009, 11:53 AM

AP1 and AP2v1 KraftWerks Kits:
-The AP1 and AP2v1 will use an actual ECU tuning solution. These will not use a FMU-style solution. We are in the final stages, and will be announcing the kit availability to our interest list and S2Ki soon.
I've been hearing that for a loooong time. I wanted a kraftwerks kit and waited a little while for the AP2v1 kit.... 8 months later, still nothing.

I am not knocking this kit. Believe me, it absolutely hauls ass!! I've riden in a high boost car and it's incredible, but they have been saying "soon" for quite some time now.
Old 03-20-2009, 09:10 AM

Understood Rich.

I wish we could say more. Some enthusiasts have seen what we have in the works, and have been very happy with the results so far.

We are designing the AP1/AP2v1 kits to function as smooth and as simple as the AP2v2 kits are known for. The Hondata reflash is hard to beat, but we believe we have a great solution that works beautifully with the 00-05 ECUs.

-Oscar Jr.
Old 03-20-2009, 04:33 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It sounds like this may be the year. Please place me on the interest list and PM me when available. Thanks.
Old 03-20-2009, 06:16 PM

I guess it's like waiting for your team to win: I've been putting up with snide comments like, "Say, how's that 'charger working for you?" for about a year, now. You either commit and say I'm with 'em no matter how long it takes them to get it right, or you say Eff it! and settle for something less than perfect. I decided last month to say eff it and buy the YouTune kit, but one of their test customers, M. Franco, said, hey, just wait, any day now. So, I started talking up the kit, again. About a month ago. And, here we are. Still. Some more... Again. Boy, I sure hope it's worth the f0ckin wait.
Old 03-20-2009, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by PowerPro,Mar 20 2009, 07:16 PM
I guess it's like waiting for your team to win: I've been putting up with snide comments like, "Say, how's that 'charger working for you?" for about a year, now. You either commit and say I'm with 'em no matter how long it takes them to get it right, or you say Eff it! and settle for something less than perfect. I decided last month to say eff it and buy the YouTune kit, but one of their test customers, M. Franco, said, hey, just wait, any day now. So, I started talking up the kit, again. About a month ago. And, here we are. Still. Some more... Again. Boy, I sure hope it's worth the f0ckin wait.
The kit is complete. I am just driving the car around to make sure that there is no tuning issues and to work out the kinks. Hold in there.

Marcos

Quick Reply: KraftWerks S2000 Supercharger Systems