S2000 Naturally Aspirated Forum Discussions about N/A motor projects, builds and technology.

Private Label Header Test + Dyno...

Old 06-28-2010, 12:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got the PLM header in the mail. On the box it says AP1. I have a AP2 will that make a difference or is there only one header model that fits both.
Old 06-28-2010, 12:32 PM

works for both
Old 07-08-2010, 11:45 PM

I have a PLM I purchased off an eBay Vendor. Can I contact PLM and just buy the leak fix from them directly?
Old 07-19-2010, 09:39 AM

how much are you guys paying for the header now and from who thank you cause i am looking to get one.
Old 07-19-2010, 11:15 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by aceking66,Jul 19 2010, 10:39 AM
how much are you guys paying for the header now and from who thank you cause i am looking to get one.
That's been asked many times already. If you read a few pages back it's there. If you can find it, post back and someone will be able to tell you.

BTW I think it's pipi_outlet. $380 shipped.
Old 07-19-2010, 11:28 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by aceking66,Jul 19 2010, 10:39 AM
Wherever you buy it from, you want to check if they are including the spacer to take care of the possible leak at the header/cat joint. I know the vendor on this site has it but not sure about others.
Old 05-07-2012, 04:47 AM

Originally Posted by Vitt
Wherever you buy it from, you want to check if they are including the spacer to take care of the possible leak at the header/cat joint. I know the vendor on this site has it but not sure about others.
Hi,
I had this same problem and was thinking about a problem with my install till I found this thread.
I'll explain my case for the people interested in this product to know.
I bought my header from a buddy at the ClubHondaSpirit forum and made my install (the car is stock excepting the Berk Technologies test pipe) to find out that the header/cat joint was leaking.
I talked with my buddy and he told he had no problem so I talked with Kenny from Private Label.
He did not seen to know what I was talking about till I show him this thread and, after that, he told me about the spacer.
I talked again with my buddy and told him about the spacer which he didn't know about so I talked with Kenny to get my spacer to fix the problem.

Storm,
I just sent you pictures of the gasket fix spacer, Let me know if you do not have this item. This product will cost you 20 dollars plus the shipping towards you.

If you have any other questions feel free to contact me
Kenny
Hi, Kenny.
Ok, thank you very much but I don’t find it right to have to pay more just because your header does not fit correctly.
Thanks for your help and time.

Greetings.
Storm.
Storm,
Because you bought this header used, it should have came with the gasket fix spacer. Because you did not purchase this header from us directly I would need to sell you a replacement just like any other company when you need a replacement part.

Kenny
And that's my last email (no answer since 21/12/2011):

Hi, Kenny.
Ok, I understand your point but the problem is that nor me, nor the original owner has received the spacer that’s needed to install the header correctly.

Greetings.
Storm.
I don't find it right to have to pay for a fix for a bad designed product so I made my own spacer:

I would like people to know about the problem and Private Label to give me all the parts that are necesary for the header to fit correctly.

Thanks.
Storm.
Old 05-07-2012, 08:32 AM

this is a cheap knock off header. i am so pissed by that vendor.

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/950...cheap-replica/
Old 05-07-2012, 09:53 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by StormS2000
Originally Posted by Vitt' timestamp='1279567724' post='19142030
Hi,
I had this same problem and was thinking about a problem with my install till I found this thread.
I'll explain my case for the people interested in this product to know.
I bought my header from a buddy at the ClubHondaSpirit forum and made my install (the car is stock excepting the Berk Technologies test pipe) to find out that the header/cat joint was leaking.
I talked with my buddy and he told he had no problem so I talked with Kenny from Private Label.
He did not seen to know what I was talking about till I show him this thread and, after that, he told me about the spacer.
I talked again with my buddy and told him about the spacer which he didn't know about so I talked with Kenny to get my spacer to fix the problem.

Storm,
I just sent you pictures of the gasket fix spacer, Let me know if you do not have this item. This product will cost you 20 dollars plus the shipping towards you.

Kenny
Hi, Kenny.
Ok, thank you very much but I don’t find it right to have to pay more just because your header does not fit correctly.

Greetings.
Storm.
Storm,
Because you bought this header used, it should have came with the gasket fix spacer. Because you did not purchase this header from us directly I would need to sell you a replacement just like any other company when you need a replacement part.

Kenny
And that's my last email (no answer since 21/12/2011):

Hi, Kenny.
Ok, I understand your point but the problem is that nor me, nor the original owner has received the spacer that’s needed to install the header correctly.

Greetings.
Storm.
I don't find it right to have to pay for a fix for a bad designed product so I made my own spacer:

I would like people to know about the problem and Private Label to give me all the parts that are necesary for the header to fit correctly.

Thanks.
Storm.

the thing is PLM fixed this problem and the gasket fix does come with all headers now.
the original purchaser would have to contact their seller to get this item for free, because they were only supplied with the same amount as they were sold(without the fix.

Originally Posted by s2000vtecvtec

s2000vtecvtec I understand you are mad
As I said in the pm's.

for the replacement header I had check it out before I shipped it out to you. I have never had any problems with the way I ship out my headers, as you can see with all the positive feedback I receive from all S2ki-ers.

You have to know that this is a shipping problem with fedex and not me.
As I said, I would replace this header again and to be fair I would eat the shipping on my side if you ship it back to me.
I truthfully think this is fair.

You make it seem like I am not trying to take care of this problem at all.

Kenny

Email:hondapartsales@gmail.com
Old 05-08-2012, 02:05 AM

Originally Posted by s2000vtecvtec
Thanks, man!
That sucks and I hope they fix your problem!
https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/950...t__p__21678556

Originally Posted by subliminalitr
the thing is PLM fixed this problem and the gasket fix does come with all headers now.
the original purchaser would have to contact their seller to get this item for free, because they were only supplied with the same amount as they were sold(without the fix.
PLM has NOT fixed the problem if the original owner has NOT received the spacer.
Neither me EVEN if I have contacted PLM losing my time and patience.
The problem WAS the product and NOW is the customer care.
Thanks.

Quick Reply: Private Label Header Test + Dyno...