S2000 Interiors Stock or totally custom, if it's inside the cabin talk about it here.

Rick's Luxury One-Piece Floor Mats

Old 04-16-2010, 09:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rick's Luxury One-Piece Floor Mats

UPDATE (JULY 13, 2011): Someone PM'd me and mentioned my original photos were no longer being hosted. I fixed the links and added 4 new photos taken at the time of this update.

I've noticed a bit of discussion in the last couple months about floor mats and what to go with... (Muz Mats, Rick's, OEM, OEM Japan 4-piece, etc.)

I opted to go with the Rick's Luxury One-Piece Floor Mats for a variety of reasons...

1. My S2000 is around 10 months old and my wife/mom both love to put their feet up on the cross bar in the passenger footwell. I don't want that carpet to wear out quickly, so I needed something to cover it. While I liked the OEM variety from Japan (4 piece) that recently had a group buy, they do not cover as much of the cross bar as Rick's or Muz Mats.

2. I'm on some kind of budget, so dropping more than $200 was not high on my list of priorities. This ruled out the OEM Japan ones, Rick's Wilton Wool Mats and to be honest, I didn't even look at the price of the Muz Mat since it was coming from Down Under. I just figured shipping would be quicker with Rick's, given that Rick is US based. Not to mention, the photos I've seen to date give me the impression that both designs are very similar. I didn't see enough difference to shop internationally.

3. I'm not a logo whore, nor am I shockingly interested in various colors and such. The selection from Rick's sufficed.

4. While I would love to care about the mats as much as some people do, to me, the mats are a place where my shoes are going to rest. For that, I don't need to buy the highest quality of something that I'll worry about dirtying as much as I already worry about the car. I just want them to fit well and be of good quality...

All this being said...onto the review.

I opened the pristine box and the mats are laid inside neatly. Since they're just rubber and nylon, there is no reason to pad/wrap them. To the touch, the mats feel quite nice and definitely better than the OEM mat that comes with the car. The stitching looked top notch to me as well. I appreciate the nubbed backing, and although you don't see holes in the top surface of the mats, they stay in place because of the "hidden eyelets."

All this being said, Rick's site and Muz's site did not give me a detailed enough photo to satisfy my online shopping needs though, so I took 3 of my own. I'm no Ansel Adams, so forgive my craptastic images.

Also, the mats feel great under my bare feet. It's not something I'll ever do again, but I just wanted to say, they feel soft to the touch.

Finally, let me also just add that customer service from Rick and Jeff is outstanding. The mats arrived exactly when they said they would, and when I inquired prematurely, they quickly responded to my e-mails with courtesy that I wish all shops had.

My hat is off to these guys...

These first 4 images are prior to installing/using. Taken April 16, 2010.

These next 4 images are the condition of the floor mats after 15 months of daily driving use in Chicago. I've only cleaned them a handful of times, and that too, just used a vacuum. They're holding up great and still feel nice under my bare feet. Photos taken July 13, 2011.

Cheers.
Old 04-16-2010, 10:59 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Old 04-18-2010, 05:44 AM

Received 3,358 Likes on 2,441 Posts

damn nice, for the money I think those are the best value carpets for our cars, good value for the money. I've got the Muz carpets which I love, I bought mine used, but my other choice would have been a new set of Rick's.
Old 04-18-2010, 06:36 AM

how much are they and any pictures installed?
Old 04-18-2010, 01:09 PM

Why wont anyone just make good rubber all-weather floor mats?
Old 04-18-2010, 02:05 PM

^this
Old 04-18-2010, 02:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have these in my car and I love them. Would get them again 10 times over.
Old 04-18-2010, 04:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice mats. I wonder why no company has just made an extra piece that would extend the OEM mats over the hump in the floor. It would be much cheaper and i think alot more people would buy them.
Old 04-18-2010, 04:13 PM

I have these mats and I think they are great.
Old 04-18-2010, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by igotaslowcivic,Apr 18 2010, 09:36 AM
how much are they and any pictures installed?
I didn't take any photos of them installed, as I've just been a little busy lately. But if you do a search, there are countless images from other members of the Muz Mats and Rick's Mats installed.

As for the price... For the love of Mike man, I put the price in the title of the thread.

Originally Posted by 2008ABPS2KCR,Apr 18 2010,04:09 PM
Why wont anyone just make good rubber all-weather floor mats?
Not enough people drive the car year round perhaps? I'd probably buy a set of rubber/all-weather myself in place of these, but whatever. This is what is available.

I'd also like someone to build me an S2000 coupe with at least another 50 LB-FT of torque, but the CR is what was available when I was shopping.

Quick Reply: Rick's Luxury One-Piece Floor Mats