Texas - North Texas S2000 Owners North Texas S2000 Owners Club
North Texas Club

Fujita F5 Intake Throwing CEL

Old 05-07-2010, 07:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fujita F5 Intake Throwing CEL

I finally received my Fujita F5 intake today and didn't waste any time installing it. Only thing is that it appeared to be missing a rubber gromet where the air temp sensor goes, so I improvised by using a cut piece of hose from the stock intake to substitute as the gromet. Problem is I started it and threw the CEL (check engine light). Also, I didn't realize it was in gear, dumped the clutch, and rocketed off the jack (luckily didn't damage anything or hurt anyone).

I drove it anyhow (couldn't resist) and it sounds pretty mean (I think). For some reason though, Vtec is kicking in at about 6K rpms when it was not kicking in until about 6.5K rpms when I had the stock air box on.

Anyone familiar with this and how to fix it?

Old 05-07-2010, 07:26 PM

I'm assuming you reset the ecu?
Old 05-07-2010, 07:38 PM

Of course not...is this something that you should do or have to do?
Old 05-07-2010, 08:55 PM

Most common mistake is getting the vacuum hoses routed incorrectly to the check valve. The cel would say something like incorrect purge flow. Also make sure to reset ecu.
Old 05-07-2010, 10:00 PM

Samethibg happened to me when I put mine in...take out the i2 sensor and plug it back in...the CEL went away when I did that....
Old 05-08-2010, 03:35 PM

Well I don't know what solved it, but last night I decided to take another look since I noticed the hood did not close as softly as it used to (I had to slam it). That is because I had the t-bolts on the throttle body facing up and they were poking into the under-hood padding. I decided to turn the t-bolts to face horizontally and had to unplug the clip-plug-sensor that goes to the throttle body (because it was in the way). Turns out that I forgot to plug that back in (not a good idea). This morning I was going to take my wife for a ride so she could hear how it sounded. It had a little trouble starting and idled horribly along with the CEL, VSA light, and the !-in-the-triangle light. I did not stop to think why. I backed out of the garage, went to take off and it was stuttering real bad and almost died. My wife said why don't you just put it back in the garage, so I turned around and parked it back in the garage. I was thinking to myself...did I forget something last night. Popped the hood and discovered I forgot to plug that sensor back in. I plugged it in, fired it up, and low and behold, still had the CEL, but ran MUCH better. I took her for a ride and then came back home. Later, I went for a ride and what do you know...no more CEL. Still working fine. I don't know what did the trick, but am happy with it.

I still do not know why the Vtec is kicks in at about 500 rpms sooner. Any ideas???
Old 05-08-2010, 03:56 PM

who cares? now you have MOAR POWA lol
Old 05-09-2010, 02:00 PM

Every little bit helps, I guess
Old 05-09-2010, 06:52 PM

Vtec kicks in at bout 6k for me too, I don't think it has started kickin in any earlier... The noise of vtec kickin in is much more noticable wit the intake...
Old 05-11-2010, 05:37 AM

Received 225 Likes on 159 Posts

Sorry, but someone has to say this: are you retarded, driving your car with a bunch of warning lights flashing, just so you can hear "the sound"?!?! You'll destroy your car some day, ignoring those lights. Get the install right and then drive it. Is hearing "the sound" worth potentially destroying your motor?

Quick Reply: Fujita F5 Intake Throwing CEL