UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

VSA Module Failure

Old 09-01-2010, 07:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post VSA Module Failure

Hi Guys, Feel a little guilty being a newbie this is my first thread and have been an avid reader of the forum for a few years.

Anyway my story goes, I have a 2007 VSA Euro Import in Bermuda Blue my absolute baby with only 12k on the clock. The other day minding my own business traffic as you do and noticed the VSA light had come on and won't go out with the button. Anyway after a trip to my local Honda dealer for a diagnostic test (£35)they tell me the module has failed and needs replacing and they want £1558.00 + £120 fitting for a new VSA module "OUCH!"

Anyway to to Honda UK as thought being that the car hasn't been in for it's 12k service yet they might cover under warranty, but they said being it's to a UK sourced car they will offer me nothing in the way of a good will gesture let alone pay for the part which i think is a bit harsh.

Anybody know of a VSA breaking that might have a module i might be able to purchase or advice on my situation. Seeing that we have always had Honda's and champion everyone i know to get their cars not a happy bunny.

regards

Dave

Old 09-01-2010, 08:26 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is a first!
Though I'd not trust the dealer too much they have been known to over sell a fix
Did they actaully tell you what the code was?
It's more likely it is a bad connection of dead sensor
This may help you

http://world.honda.com/news/1997/t970702d.html

It basically uses the ABS sensors, the throttle sensor and a couple of yaw sensors to brake one wheel and cut power
Old 09-01-2010, 08:32 AM

Mikey,

The fault is the following, carried out a test with the HDS for warning light on. Got DTC's off system 66-1 brake pressure sensor fail requires VSA modulator. Light will not reset. Funny thing was travelling back from work when i noticed it happened and because of heavy traffic and cutting throught the back of the trading estate and it was quite bumpy with a few pot holes.

Dave
Old 09-01-2010, 10:42 AM

That would point me at the sensor first rather than the module
Old 09-01-2010, 10:46 AM

i have the same thing on my car, 2007 model, the vsa light went on after I went on to some grass. car is going in tomorrow for its 3 year service, it is 2 months out of warrranty, the honda garage did the MOT just before 3 years was up so I'm hoping if anything major they will cover it. I suspect that it is just a sensor that has been knocked though.
Old 09-01-2010, 10:49 AM

ABS sensors on each wheel are prone to getting knocked out of alignement, that would also confuse the VSA
Old 09-01-2010, 10:53 AM

i'll report back what they say, abs seems to be working ok, traction control is definetly not - the polished concrete floor of undergound car park at my work + a little water is a fun combination until you notice a pillar coming at you or one of the many arab plated bling mobiles in the car park!!
Old 09-01-2010, 11:08 AM

Another good reason not to have VSA.

If it is the unit, I bought a set of coils off Dewsbury Salvage a couple of weeks back, and they offered me some off an 08. So they must have broken an 08 recently.
Old 09-01-2010, 11:15 AM

Received 58 Likes on 56 Posts

Likewise, I'd check all sensors & connections first.

And if all else fails, get a S/H control module from a scrapper.
Old 09-01-2010, 10:08 PM

Honda replaced the VSA module in my 07 car earlier this year, luckily under warranty, it is known that the module fails on these. I had the oppossite problem to you where as my VSA kept activating for no reason at all, it took Honda a few weeks to finally figure out exactly what was wrong (still had the fault with the new module) and during that time I looked into getting a Hondata Flash pro which would allow me to delete the VSA all together, this would still be cheaper than a new module plus you get some more power when you have the remap!

Quick Reply: VSA Module Failure