S2000 Interiors Stock or totally custom, if it's inside the cabin talk about it here.

JDM STI Seat in S2K

Old 10-21-2010, 12:57 PM

Received 52 Likes on 37 Posts
Default JDM STI Seat in S2K

Bare seat without rails test:

It took forever for get them modified correctly and safely to fit into the S2000, but they fit just like OEM now. The fit is way tighter on a tall thin frame like me, exactly what I needed.

Seat: 2004 Subaru STI driver and passenger seats, JDM only
Sliders: STI sliders
Feet: Honda S2K brackets

The first test drive was like I was attached to the steering rack directly by my arms. Every twitch of the wrist followed though the chassis into the chair and back up to the back of my shoulders. The real Alcantera grabs your clothes like velcro. Its now childs play to be a hooligan with the steering. My favorite modification so far.

Height Issues:
To get it low enough, some major changes had to be made. The ratcheting mechanism to raise and lower the seat was removed, as well as the brackets. The box the springs were attached to was welded directly onto the rail. The brackets the springs were held to were relocated lower down inside the box, so they are almost touching the floor. The foam had to be trimmed on the back and sides to allow it to drop in and rest on the springs. I think it still needs to be trimmed some more, I just haven't had time.

I didn't get any during pics, as I didn't expect much interest. I can take some if someone has a real need to see them.

Why STI?
I knew I needed a seat after getting tired out during long spirited drives. I was holding my own weight though my arms on the wheel way too much, which seriously decreased my dexterity. Now, at the end of the summer season, my upper body is noticeably heaver than my lower body. I noticed myself bracing myself on the center console way to much and cornering one handed, which did not make me happy.
I spent the last year trying every seat I could find, to find one I liked. Two years ago, I sat in a friend's RSTI which had a full 04 STI JDM interior and drivetrain swap, and the seats were down right amazing. I ordered them immediately for my Rex. Combined with a 4-point I've never felt more secure in a car.
When I couldn't find a seat at a good price that I liked, I pulled the STI seat from my Rex and plopped it into the S2K. It fit fine and I called up a machinist to complete the work. I ordered a set brought in from Japan for almost half the price of my first set.

Future:
Trim up the foam to allow full drop to the level of the Backyard Special rails, and install another Ralle 4-point. Get the passenger seat in.

Its too late now, but I'd love to hear your seat alternatives in your own cars and how you like them.
Old 10-22-2010, 10:07 AM
Community Organizer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 10-22-2010, 10:31 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Looks good man, just need to reupholster the seats now to get rid of the STi logo.
Old 10-22-2010, 11:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

interesting
Old 10-22-2010, 03:35 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by s2kpwned,Oct 22 2010, 02:31 PM
Looks good man, just need to reupholster the seats now to get rid of the STi logo.
and maybe matching blue s2k interior would be cool.
Old 10-30-2010, 04:23 PM

Received 63 Likes on 24 Posts

I want Evo viii recaros
Old 11-01-2010, 09:53 AM

You mean these? The STI material is vastly superior in the grippy department. Screw leather, I'll never go back to slippery leather again.

The bolstering seems to be better than stock S2K, and but might not be as good bolstering as the STI ones. I'd have to sit in one to find out.

Got the rails for the passenger seat modded up last night. Test fit and final welding tomorrow.

I also re-cut the foam around the edges so it is more of a form-fit. I had someone sit in it and I marked all the pressure points, where the foam was not crushed evenly. It fits in much more snug now without crushing the foam anywhere, and now lays down on the springs evenly. I've been waiting so long... the season is over with now
Old 11-05-2010, 03:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^You posted SSL seats(stands for Sun, Sound, leather in evo land). Probably the least liked, worst evo seat ever made. You should have tried sitting in an evo9 seat, they BLOW STI seats out of the water. Not even a comparision. All of the local STI guys want to get rid of their seats in favor of Evo seats.

Alex
Old 11-05-2010, 07:26 PM

Have them try out JDM STI seats, and how affordable they are, and they might forget all about the Evo seats.
Old 11-08-2010, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by AaronCompNetSys
I hand crafted an STI logo in pixel art -> in case anyone wants it.

Used here, on the door and not the fender for obvious reasons.

My stock seats are also for sale elsewhere.

Quick Reply: JDM STI Seat in S2K