Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

godspeed turbo kit?

#1 User is offline   spa-ap2 

• Group: Guest

Posted 26 October 2010 - 07:33 PM

anyone heard of or seen anyone running this kit before it was recommended by a friend but seems a little cheesy to me? http://www.godspeedproject.com/store/index...products_id=342

#2 User is offline   gogoevo 

Posted 26 October 2010 - 07:45 PM

its just pieced together low/mid quality stuff you might as well do that yourself for that much cash

#3 User is offline   bois2k 

• View gallery
  • Group: Member
  • Interests:Saltwater tank, s2000

Posted 26 October 2010 - 08:09 PM

i ran that kit for a year no problems not a bad kit if youre on a budget

#4 User is offline   spa-ap2 

• Topic Starter

Posted 26 October 2010 - 09:10 PM

what numbers did you car put out and what additional parts did you have to buy ?

#5 User is offline   bois2k 

• View gallery

Posted 26 October 2010 - 09:55 PM

Never tuned it just ran a fuel pump and fmu at 5 psi

#6 User is offline   teamvalorracing 

Posted 26 October 2010 - 11:04 PM

when going FI, you get what you pay for and not a single cent more.
Posted Image

#7 User is offline   StaticS2K 

Posted 27 October 2010 - 12:02 AM

Ive made some ghetto rigged shit go fast for cheap!!! But usually other peoples civics....not my S2000 lol :p
If your a baller on a budget and got the itch go for it, just for the love over god dont skimp on tunning. Cheap turbos will blow oil eventually, cheap piping, and intercoolers migth not flow after X amount of hp, and cheap manifolds and downpipes will eventually crack or not flow for shit, but skimpin on tunning equals blown motor! Not to mention u need it to optimise the lacking setup.
Just keep in mind ppl are selling used inlinepro kits for around $2500.
And actually looking at it most of that stuff is cheap but fairly reliable at least....turbonetics turbo, rev hard mani (sucks but wont crack), and i think godspeed intercooler and piping is ok too... again just keep in mind used ILP kits and other PFAB kits and such are going for cheap used
Posted Image
ELEVATED AUTOMOTIVE S2000
823hp/530tq on 31psi 100% stock bottom end

#8 User is offline   Deception 

• View gallery
  • Interests:s2000's, MR2's, computers, architecture, art, tattoos, women, cigarettes, ps3, devil music.... and so on

Posted 27 October 2010 - 12:02 AM

The kits sucks, thats what I started with. You will replace every important part w/ quality parts as they break. Might as well do it right the first time.
2012 Corvette Coupe - Cam, Headers, Suspension and more. 460whp/400tq
1992 Sentra SE-R - daily driver & restoration project
Former S2000 owner 2009 - 2014
Posted Image

#9 User is offline   bois2k 

• View gallery

Posted 27 October 2010 - 12:55 AM

just gotta buy injectors, fuel pump and ems if it comes with the oil filter relocation kit and you g2g

#10 User is offline   s2kdan05ems 

Posted 27 October 2010 - 06:33 AM

i piece out my pfab justa lil bit more, tial 38mm i seen for selll for abiut 150 used /, brand new log 429. intercooler piping kit 480, intercooler 300, 2.5 or 3.0 DP 250 or 300, dump tube 125, bov 200, line do it your self if you want not hard at all. garret t3 60-1 for 680 so youll spend about 2800 if you piece this out of you still have to buy alot of minor things cause every turbo never comes with every thing
Pfab log kit,gt3076r, aem ems, 408hp 258tq.
Posted Image

#11 User is offline   Nagata-San74 

Posted 27 October 2010 - 06:46 AM

Suscrubed for FBack
Posted Image
FF guys download PQRN - FR guys make it !

#12 User is offline   HMFIC 

• View gallery

Posted 27 October 2010 - 07:19 AM

Some folks have had better experiences than others. Me? i've had TWO godspeed kits. Although when i had mine, i had the brand name parts like the Godspeed intercooler kit *which is huge in the dsm/suby world so its not chit* Revhard manifold *which inline pro used* tial wastegate, turbonetics 50 trim t3/t4, upgraded to a real greddy RZ. the one that comes is junk. so just opt not to have it and buy a real one.

Their Godspeed waste gates aren't good so just get the tial 38mm wg option. My first kit i ran 10 psi and put down 301 whp. Sold it for cash and then a year later bought another one and put down 330whp 12 psi.

the first time i had the crappy rc 750's.. and aem ems...next time i went with the ID 1000's and Aem ems.

There are small things in the kit that I upgraded and they were the return line, and some of the brass fittings to steel. but over all if you want a good 300whp kit for cheaper than a greddy kit with room to upgrade, then this is the kit to have.

One of my buddies bought the same kit and had PTUNING install it. Toan told me that it was easier than installing the greddy kit and had way more potential. That guy is Still boosted with zero issues. its been a couple years now almost.

Its not no Ptuning kit, or Inline kit or such. But it's a great one.

I've boosted both times for roughly 4 grand.

that's including new ems, new injectors, and new kit. Installation was easy. Nothing needs to be moved. and it's all bolt on.

#13 User is offline   spa-ap2 

• Topic Starter

Posted 27 October 2010 - 12:52 PM

i dont have the cash right now im just looking around pricing kits out. i was looking at Deception's kit but im in the process of buying a house hopefully illl be in the hjouse by the end of november then ill buy a kit but money is going to be tight

#14 User is offline   HMFIC 

• View gallery

Posted 27 October 2010 - 04:38 PM

i dont have the cash right now im just looking around pricing kits out. i was looking at Deception's kit but im in the process of buying a house hopefully illl be in the hjouse by the end of november then ill buy a kit but money is going to be tight

OH... pft.. if you're lookin at kevin's kit, then i'd suggest grab that one. He's got the good stuff...precision turbo, i think tial wg? :ponder: precision intercooler ect.

I think the other stuff is still godspeed like the downpipe and the dumptoob and what not. but it's all legit.

If I recall its a good price too...If anything, that would be the kit to get if you're not trying to spend to much money but get some good stuff. just take the pipes and clean em up really nice and ur good to go.

#15 User is offline   dc2-2-ap1 

• View gallery

Posted 28 October 2010 - 09:03 AM

i would recommend going with another kit- it is basically a revhard kit with a better turbo. i bought the revhard kit a couple years ago and have replaced 80% of the parts because they were cheap or broke. build it right the first time- don't be like me lol.
WTB- (2 or 4) SSR Type C RS 17x8.5 +49 in anthracite. Need ASAP Willing to trade a set of staggard SSR Type C RS 17x8 +48 / 17x9 +55 in anthracite for these if you don't want to sell outright. Last updated 4-11-13
My For Sale Thread
Feedback Thread
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#16 User is offline   Deception 

• View gallery
  • Interests:s2000's, MR2's, computers, architecture, art, tattoos, women, cigarettes, ps3, devil music.... and so on

Posted 28 October 2010 - 09:11 AM

OH... pft.. if you're lookin at kevin's kit, then i'd suggest grab that one. He's got the good stuff...precision turbo, i think tial wg? :ponder: precision intercooler ect.

I think the other stuff is still godspeed like the downpipe and the dumptoob and what not. but it's all legit.

If I recall its a good price too...If anything, that would be the kit to get if you're not trying to spend to much money but get some good stuff. just take the pipes and clean em up really nice and ur good to go.

Yes everything is upgraded to precision, tial, synapse, eaton, aeroquip etc

The only thing still revhard is the mani, dp & dump tube which is just as good as Inline pro's stuff IMO.

#17 User is offline   Revenge 

• View gallery
  • Interests:Boating, dog, making beer.

Posted 28 October 2010 - 09:30 AM

The revhard manifold is not bad but its is not as good as the inline pro log. FYI, the inline pro log has longer runner, however you may need to notch your frame where the rev hard you may not.
2011 Mustang 5.0 california special vert
Sold 2003 s2000 inline pro turbo.
FS Map Sensor pretty new
Boot cover OBO
PM me with questions

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#18 User is offline   Deception 

• View gallery

Posted 28 October 2010 - 10:09 AM

The revhard manifold is not bad but its is not as good as the inline pro log. FYI, the inline pro log has longer runner, however you may need to notch your frame where the rev hard you may not.

At the end of the day they are both log manifolds and one costs 2x as much NIB. I did not have to notch the frame to fit my 5857.

Ads by Google   S2KI

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users