Alabama S2000 Owners Club Areas including Huntsville, Birmingham, Florence, Decatur, Anniston, and Tuscaloosa

OFFICAL REGISTRATION: S2000 Indy Grand Prix of AL

Old 02-04-2011, 05:58 AM

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
Thumbs down OFFICAL REGISTRATION: S2000 Indy Grand Prix of AL

OFFICAL REGISTRATION: S2000 Indy Grand Prix of AL ‘11

Breaking news: 30 S2ks needed Sign up

S2000 Indy Grand Prix of AL April 8-10 2011
Barber Motorsports Park in Leeds AL in support of Indy Gran Prix of Alabama
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maximum of 30 S2000 will be allowed in this year
Each s2000 owner will receive 2 tickets and 2 pit passes as well as car coral parking <verifying this to ensure we do not leave our +1’s out
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All decaled cars required to be present on Sunday morning for the main event.
Friday and Saturdays you are not required to be in attendance. However it is preferred that all cars that will be participating on Sunday be there on Saturday and be staying local to minimize logistics and minimize last minute drops/ issues.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Car requirements for the race day parade lap with drivers/ VIPs
At this point it should not need to be stated.
I think we all know that caliber of cars that are needed for such an event. AKA “CLEAN”
It is preferred to have near OEM looking cars however this is not a hard requirement.
Having a full field of 30 S2000 is preferred over just knocking some1 out because they have a “big spoiler” so we have a little bit of wiggle room.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All cars should be near OEM or tastefully modified Wheels are ok but should be near OEM styling
Spoilers are ok but no excessive wings acceptable examples ( OEM Spoiler, OEM Trunk Lip, MUGEN..ect )
Car must be clean inside and out and waxed.
Interior must be in good shape
un-wrecked car ( or appropriately fixed)
Must be able to drop the top with Tonneau Cover or remove the HT for the CR guys
no windscreen
yadda yadda yadda
I think you guys get the picture.
These rules are not set in stone and are assesses on a case by case bases
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
REMBEMBER being a part of this you are representing IRL and Barber Motorsports Park you are expected to be respectful at all times and obey your local laws…ect
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Decals will be supplied by IRL so there is no direct cost to you for the decals.
I will be working to set up Group Logging accommodations as soon as this thread gets posted. (More info on that later)
The group needs to discuss if the accommodations from last year is good again this year.
We were close enough that we did not need to rush to get to the event and far enough away we were not always caught up in race traffic. I thought it was a good balance between the two. The interstate cruse with all of the cars and rolling in together was one of my favorite parts of the whole weekend.
This Hotel is also very close to TwoRs shop if we needed to wash cars or fix something quickly and is very close to multiple food places.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This will be a first come fist serve just like last year.

HOTEL BOOKING

Rate Code is LIRLS2

Pelham Comfort Inn Suites
2235 Pelham Parkway,
Pelham, AL 35124
(205) 982-1999
Comfort Inn suits

These are Suites but you can get the room with either a single King or double Queens.
If you are not doubling up please select the king to maximize the double Queens to for those that are sharing a room.
When you call you will need a valid CC to book the room.
This rate is good for Friday thought Monday night (check out Tuesday at the latest)
Just in case the owners that are driving from longer distances want to stay a bit longer to recover from the weekend.
If you need to cancel your room due to an emergency as long as you cancel before 4PM the day you reserve to come in you will not be charged anything.
As you book you rooms let me know via PM so I can track this last data point.

Booking a room shows that you are 99% committed to coming and I can start getting the vinyl order in.

Lets try and get everybody booked by the 18th of Febuary 2011. however hod off on booking until I can interface with the Hotel

Even if we hit the 30 max cars that will receive stickers/tickets ect. I still need owners that can make a solid commitment to show up as backup to the main list in case we get a drop before stickers are ordered/applied. Once stickers are applied you are 100% committed to showing up and the list is truly final.
Now with that said we are not going to turn down other S2000 owners staying with us at the hotel. The more the merrier. I would love to fill the whole hotel with nothing but S2000. But you will need to acquire your own tickets to the events. .
Old 02-04-2011, 05:59 AM

Current list as of 2/07/2011 @ 0742hrs confirmed and are 100% a go.
Need everybody to confirm your +1 or +0

) Mugenrios2k +1 ( North Alabama Captain and Vinyl POC)
2) TwoRs +1 (Central Alabama Captain and Vinyl POC)
3) wilburS2K +1 ( South Alabama Captain and Vinyl POC)
4) Kermdaddy +1
5) JessCJames +1
6) Juddernaut +? ( need you to know if you are +1)
7) Z06phile +? ( need you to know if you are +1)
8) zacksdad2 +1
9) zacksbro11 +1
10) thinks2k +1
11) 5rendz +1
12) RacerXI +1 Need PM with mane and Cell

13) Winston (works in sales) +?
( works with Wilbur at Honda not on forum)
Wilbur can you get this info for me on Winston ( need you to pm me name address car color cell phone address)

14) jsgalent2 +1
15) jtmoye +1
16) innerlight +1
17) oldprof +1
18) Treedriver +1
19) NOSNOW +1
20) Indyana +1 ( Florida Captain and Vinyl POC)
21) gtlmp01 +1
22) Liquidstation +1
23)stroketec
24) HS2K007 +1
25) trich101 +1

26) SoCalAP1 +1 what is your custom color need you contact and location info by PM

27) jaclarke +1
28) Mohawksteve+1
29) Tuner Eddy +1
30) Pucksdown +1

Backups .

31) awebb +1
32) JohnRHD +1
Old 02-04-2011, 05:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm in with +1.
Old 02-04-2011, 06:00 AM

slot for more info later
Old 02-04-2011, 06:10 AM

In
Old 02-04-2011, 06:20 AM

everybody plz confirm if you will be +1
Old 02-04-2011, 06:21 AM

Mark, my +1 is my wife Kim and she will be driving during the parade lap.
Thanks for organizing this again
Old 02-04-2011, 06:22 AM

+1 for me! still a ? about who it will be tho... haha
Old 02-04-2011, 06:33 AM

filling up quickley this year !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-04-2011, 07:37 AM

If anyone from the Nashville area is interested in trailering their car, I'd be happy to help out. I sold my S2k and bought a big Duramax truck

Quick Reply: OFFICAL REGISTRATION: S2000 Indy Grand Prix of AL