S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Front License Plate ticket...

Old 02-05-2011, 07:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

here is how i have it now. pretty good than i though. i actually like it.

Old 02-05-2011, 08:27 AM

If you don't want to deal with bumper plug holes, etc, mount the plate on your tow hook. This way, there are no blemishes, and to a much lesser extent, your intake isn't restricted from the number plate blocking it.
Old 02-05-2011, 06:21 PM

It's stupid to drive with anything on your car obviously illegal. It's just an excuse to get pulled over and we all drive after a few beers once in a while....why ask for it?
Old 02-05-2011, 09:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This makes me love my state. In PA we only need the rear plate. and i have 20% tint that you cant see in and i have NEVER had a word said to me even when i have been pulled over for speeding. Also along with a 70mm test pipe and single exhaust. knock on wood.
Old 02-06-2011, 08:08 AM

I have to chuckle when I see these threads with people complaining about getting pulled over, tickets, etc... for an issue that they created for themselves!

Sure, some of these laws can be annoying. Such as front license plates, window tint or whatever else, but they are laws in those particular regions and are in place for a reason, no matter how ridiculous they may seem to be.
Old 02-06-2011, 08:45 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How many license plates am I required to display?

State law requires that you display two (2) license plates, one to the front and one to the rear. Placement or mounting of license plates is not defined.

Print off the section of the transportation code and send it to the court.
Old 02-06-2011, 09:06 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dremeled the crap out of my OEM plate holder and added a couple brackets. heres what i got....
Old 02-06-2011, 02:36 PM

@MSS_S2K: obviously you dont know about texas laws. because you are assuming i run around "illegal" everyday. just because a cop pulled you over doesnt mean it was "illegal" because thats why we have courts. and im not going to even argue with the rest of what you said. its a internet forum....

@DFWs2k: i did sent them a letter referencing the exact statute and picture that i "fixed" my "illegal" act. i got a letter back saying that i need to pay a fine or go to court..

@YoG628: at first i was thinking about that but then that would block my SoS aftercooler. thats why after some researched i just decided that the ricks2k plate holder was my best bet.
Old 02-06-2011, 09:10 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ok, then go to court
Old 02-07-2011, 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by MSS_S2K,Feb 6 2011, 09:08 AM
I have to chuckle when I see these threads with people complaining about getting pulled over, tickets, etc... for an issue that they created for themselves!

Sure, some of these laws can be annoying. Such as front license plates, window tint or whatever else, but they are laws in those particular regions and are in place for a reason, no matter how ridiculous they may seem to be.
Yes they are in place for a reason. For revenue generation by giving more reasons to ticket!

There is no good reasons for front license plates to necessitate the extra cost. If a police officer pulls you over, all he needs to see is your rear tags. If he wants to see your tag when your car is parked...is it that hard to walk to the rear?

I am convinced that the front tag law is because it helps cops nail you with laser and other speed detecting devices that rely on light reflection back from the moving vehicle. A front license plate reflects much better than body panels and windshields! So we are paying for that extra front tag to help cops get us easier! What a kick in the balls.

Quick Reply: Front License Plate ticket...