S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

F20C engine wiring loom plugs/connectors required

Old 02-15-2011, 12:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F20C engine wiring loom plugs/connectors required

Hi folks,

my first post on the forums one of my buddies with a honda-powered westfield said I should check you guys out.

I've been getting my AE86 track/drift car back on the road after a mamoth 5 year bare shell rebuild and I am finally at the point where the wiring is all thats left.

I went from this...

to this...

I am running the car on AEM engine management so I have almost a full car wiring loom (minus the engine and instrument cluster) ecu and ignition barrel if they are useful to anyone

One of the problem I have with the wiring loom is some of the connectors are broken (the breakers were obviously not nice when removing it from the crashed car). I have to try and replace some of the connectors/plugs in the most cost effective way.

I can try places like Fenland for a full loom but I don't know what I'd expect to pay for one.

Maybe try and source some new connectors - most of the sensors appear to be DENSO ones so I wonder if they can be purchased separately from somewhere like

Polt Vault
RS Components

But I don't know what I'm looking for really. Anyone know any places ?

I have the workshop manual but it doesn't go into the specifics of part numbers.

Any ideas what I'd expect to pay for a wiring loom ?

I had a search about on the forums and I can't seem to find anything so I guess another loom may be my only option ?

Thanks in advance.

Can't wait to get it running - should be a screamer.

Ian.
Old 02-19-2011, 12:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Again

these are the connectors that are broken.

I think this is the crank trigger sensor - it runs up from the bottom of the block up behind where top drive belt tensioner is.

Thing this is an oil pressure/temp switch - just beneath the vtec solenoid and above the oil filter housing.

Think this is the vtec switch

Maybe a low pressure switch - single wire - maybe just needs a ring terminal ? This wire runs down from the top of the engine out from the end of the coil packs. This section of loom runs to the oil temp sensor and vtec solenoid.

Exhaust Cam trigger sensor - the connector is completely missingn from the loom - only the inner pins remain.

This is the water temp sensor - it normally lives in the water jacket for the std inlet manifold - its nnow in the ITB manifold but the outer part of the male connector is badly broken and wont clip in.

If anyone has any ideas let me know - I'd really appreciate it.