• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

disable secondary o2 sensor in flashpro need some help please

#1 User is offline   Swiftoy 

• View gallery
  • Group: Guest
  • Interests:Everything auto

Posted 23 February 2011 - 06:11 PM

Okay, I loaded flashpro with the toda calibration and after fooling aroung with the different menus in flashpro I couldnt figure out how to go about disabling the secondary O2. I could use some help thanks.
Posted Image

Cryo treated 4.44 gears, AUT cooling plate, K&N filter, CR 28.6mm FSB, 02 27.2MM RSB, Voodoo shift knob, Dunlop Z1 Star specs, Rick's "S" badges, Clear Bra, Amsoil lubricants, Tint, Fujitsubo Legalis R, T1R Resonated TP, Flashpro, Evans Tuning E-Tune.

Posted Image

#2 User is offline   Swiftoy 

• Topic Starter
  • View gallery

Posted 23 February 2011 - 07:46 PM

Wow after 19 views I figured someone chime in.

#3 User is offline   scareyourpassenger 

Posted 24 February 2011 - 07:55 AM

Did you check the help file?

Posted Image

#4 User is offline   xredjar 

• Interests:Does it have wheels?

Posted 24 February 2011 - 12:41 PM

Not sure what the problem is...

When you open FP, load a calibration

select the Calibration tab

click on Closed Loop on the left side

at the top there is a checkbox for Secondary oxygen sensor enabled.....uncheck it

hope this helps

--Never drive faster than you can see--

---Hondata FlashPro --- E-tunez Custom Tune --- Injen Cold Air Intake
--- Innovate LC-1 Wideband --- Fujitsubo Legalis R --- KW V3

S2000: It's what every Miata wants to be when it grows up.

Posted Image

#5 User is offline   Swiftoy 

• Topic Starter
  • View gallery

Posted 24 February 2011 - 03:49 PM

I actually found what I was looking for thanks. Now I have the code for the primary that just came up I know there is a tsb for it looks like new primary sensor.

#6 User is offline   SlowTeg 

• View gallery
  • Group: Member

Posted 01 March 2011 - 10:30 PM

If the secondary o2 sensor is disabled, can it be removed/left unplugged completely, or does it still need to be plugged in (or it'll throw a code)?
Useful tips for when you get your s2k, and solutions on fixing/patching/preventing the top tears/rips- http://s2ki.com/foru...howtopic=775556

#7 User is offline   Swiftoy 

• Topic Starter
  • View gallery

Posted 02 March 2011 - 12:59 PM

Why would you want to completely remove it if it can be disabled. Just seems like a lot of extra work to remove the sensor.

#8 User is offline   SlowTeg 

• View gallery

Posted 02 March 2011 - 10:01 PM

View PostSwiftoy, on 02 March 2011 - 12:59 PM, said:

Why would you want to completely remove it if it can be disabled. Just seems like a lot of extra work to remove the sensor.

You have to be kidding, right? Work to remove a sensor? You mean unscrew it and unplug it from the harness? lol You can easily use a plug for the hole. :suspect:

I guess I'd have to ask why you'd even WANT to leave it connected if you're disabling it in the first place..? To add, for those fabbing up a straight pipe, it means one less bung you have to weld in for the secondary o2.

Hopefully someone can now chime in whether the o2 sensor can be removed entirely/unplugged w/o throwing a code.

This post has been edited by SlowTeg: 02 March 2011 - 10:02 PM

#9 User is offline   psychoazn 

Posted 05 March 2011 - 05:34 AM

Bump, I'd like an answer too :)

#10 User is offline   Swiftoy 

• Topic Starter
  • View gallery

Posted 07 March 2011 - 09:38 AM

View PostSlowTeg, on 02 March 2011 - 10:01 PM, said:

You have to be kidding, right? Work to remove a sensor? You mean unscrew it and unplug it from the harness? lol You can easily use a plug for the hole. :suspect:

I guess I'd have to ask why you'd even WANT to leave it connected if you're disabling it in the first place..? To add, for those fabbing up a straight pipe, it means one less bung you have to weld in for the secondary o2.

Hopefully someone can now chime in whether the o2 sensor can be removed entirely/unplugged w/o throwing a code.

Maybe you enjoy getting under a car all the time or maybe you have access to a lift I don't! It's very easy to remove no doubt but is Pretty F*****g simple to just disable with the software uncheck the box and your done and leave well enough alone. To each there own.

#11 User is offline   w00t692 

Posted 07 March 2011 - 11:37 AM

For future users of flashpro manager:

Click options -> click show advanced parameters
go to Misc under Calibrations and uncheck "Secondary ECT sensor"

Boom, done.

#12 User is offline   SlowTeg 

• View gallery

Posted 07 March 2011 - 02:06 PM

View PostSwiftoy, on 07 March 2011 - 09:38 AM, said:

Maybe you enjoy getting under a car all the time or maybe you have access to a lift I don't! It's very easy to remove no doubt but is Pretty F*****g simple to just disable with the software uncheck the box and your done and leave well enough alone. To each there own.

The point is, if it's disabled, why even leave it in? That makes zero sense to me. If it's a pita to unplug fine, leave it in, but otherwise it makes no sense to leave it in (extra weight! :p). If you're running a straight pipe, your car won't pass emissions (assuming your county/state cares about emissions), and you'll have to get under the car to reinstall the cat come emissions time anyway, and the o2 can be connected then/left in the cat in the first place.. If you want to leave your secondary o2 in for no apparent reason, I could careless, but it makes plenty of sense to remove it.

W00t, I'm not sure why you're posting the same info again. No one is asking HOW to disable it, but if you REMOVE/UNPLUG it completely, will it throw a code?

This post has been edited by SlowTeg: 07 March 2011 - 02:10 PM

#13 User is offline   Swiftoy 

• Topic Starter
  • View gallery

Posted 07 March 2011 - 02:35 PM

View PostSlowTeg, on 07 March 2011 - 02:06 PM, said:

The point is, if it's disabled, why even leave it in? That makes zero sense to me. If it's a pita to unplug fine, leave it in, but otherwise it makes no sense to leave it in (extra weight! :p). If you're running a straight pipe, your car won't pass emissions (assuming your county/state cares about emissions), and you'll have to get under the car to reinstall the cat come emissions time anyway, and the o2 can be connected then/left in the cat in the first place.. If you want to leave your secondary o2 in for no apparent reason, I could careless, but it makes plenty of sense to remove it.

W00t, I'm not sure why you're posting the same info again. No one is asking HOW to disable it, but if you REMOVE/UNPLUG it completely, will it throw a code?

I was responding to you that is why I stated it again it was a response! Get under the car unplug it, plug your test pipe up disable the sensor and see if it works seems pretty easy and let us know. Have a good day. :egads:

#14 User is offline   SlowTeg 

• View gallery

Posted 07 March 2011 - 03:19 PM

View PostSwiftoy, on 07 March 2011 - 02:35 PM, said:

I was responding to you that is why I stated it again it was a response! Get under the car unplug it, plug your test pipe up disable the sensor and see if it works seems pretty easy and let us know.

Thanks for the novel idea. I fully intend to do this, should I not get a response by the time I'm looking to install the test pipe (in a few weeks). How about you stop posting the same nonsense over and over and perhaps someone will post with the answer to my question? You do understand that not everyone reads these forums everyday, right? Btw, I would suggest attending your (high school?) or college english classes, as your gibberish is barely understandable.

So I'll ask this question in hopes that someone will know the answer and I don't have to try it myself: Will the secondary o2 sensor throw a code if it's been completely removed/unplugged when it's disabled in the software?

#15 User is offline   Swiftoy 

• Topic Starter
  • View gallery

Posted 08 March 2011 - 09:50 AM

View PostSlowTeg, on 07 March 2011 - 03:19 PM, said:

Thanks for the novel idea. I fully intend to do this, should I not get a response by the time I'm looking to install the test pipe (in a few weeks). How about you stop posting the same nonsense over and over and perhaps someone will post with the answer to my question? You do understand that not everyone reads these forums everyday, right? Btw, I would suggest attending your (high school?) or college english classes, as your gibberish is barely understandable.

So I'll ask this question in hopes that someone will know the answer and I don't have to try it myself: Will the secondary o2 sensor throw a code if it's been completely removed/unplugged when it's disabled in the software?

Here is some HS or college english you can understand SHOVE IT UP YOUR A$$!!! I'm many many years removed from school little man. Try to have a better life. :melodramatic:

#16 User is offline   SlowTeg 

• View gallery

Posted 08 March 2011 - 10:42 AM

View PostSwiftoy, on 08 March 2011 - 09:50 AM, said:

Here is some HS or college english you can understand SHOVE IT UP YOUR A$$!!! I'm many many years removed from school little man. Try to have a better life. :melodramatic:

:clap: Very good. You used proper punctuation and didn't have any misspellings. :) Clearly I wasn't the only one w/ this question retard, and I'll post up the answer when I get it probably over in the hondata forum. You're the retard who created this thread because you couldn't find the checkbox for disabling it and didn't have the common sense to use google before wasting bandwidth here. :duh: I'm merely trying to ask a more constructive question (and less obvious/intuitive), so please, just STFU and stop posting.

Perhaps you're "many many" years past school.. so I can only assume you're getting to the senile stage, and I offer my condolences.

This post has been edited by SlowTeg: 08 March 2011 - 10:46 AM

#17 User is offline   Swiftoy 

• Topic Starter
  • View gallery

Posted 08 March 2011 - 11:07 AM

View PostSlowTeg, on 08 March 2011 - 10:42 AM, said:

:clap: Very good. You used proper punctuation and didn't have any misspellings. :) Clearly I wasn't the only one w/ this question retard, and I'll post up the answer when I get it probably over in the hondata forum. You're the retard who created this thread because you couldn't find the checkbox for disabling it and didn't have the common sense to use google before wasting bandwidth here. :duh: I'm merely trying to ask a more constructive question (and less obvious/intuitive), so please, just STFU and stop posting.

Perhaps you're "many many" years past school.. so I can only assume you're getting to the senile stage, and I offer my condolences.

If a moderator is reading this can you please lock this thread since I started it. This has clearly gone in the wrong direction it makes no sense to continue, and argue behind a keyboard, if in person it would be a different story.

Go start your own thread.

#18 User is offline   SlowTeg 

• View gallery

Posted 08 March 2011 - 11:17 AM

Answer from Hondata:

"If you disable the secondary o2 sensor then it can be unplugged / removed."

#19 User is offline   Swiftoy 

• Topic Starter
  • View gallery

Posted 08 March 2011 - 11:34 AM

For whatever it is worth don't forget to cap or tape up the other end of the plug to keep debris from ruining it from being exposed.

#20 User is offline   barrett4bama 

• Interests:Cars, video games, and cars.

Posted 31 March 2011 - 09:47 PM

HAHA!!!!
:LOL:
Best thread I have read in a while
SOLDMY 2007
Mods: Invidia N1 V3 70mm exhaust, Invidia 70mm test pipe, gutted OEM intake box w/ K&N filter, Hondata Flashpro, CR front lip, JDP Engineering trunk spoiler, Espelir springs, smoked sidemarkers, RS-3's and Star Specs...

Posted Image

#21 User is online   andrewhake 

• Interests:s2ki lurker since 1999

Posted 09 May 2015 - 05:07 PM

View PostSlowTeg, on 08 March 2011 - 11:17 AM, said:

Answer from Hondata:

"If you disable the secondary o2 sensor then it can be unplugged / removed."

Old thread but thanks for posting this. :thumbup: About to pull mine. And for the people wondering why someone would want to do something so INSANE as pulling the 2nd O2 sensor once it is disabled. The sensor can overheat in a test pipe, break off, and forever live in your exhaust and probably damage it.

Hahaha. People get so fighty over the internet...
Posted Image
o_O S2000 | Mark I Stage II... | Service | Parts | S2ki.com Lap Times Database

That’s thirty minutes away. I’ll be there in ten.

#22 User is offline   SlowTeg 

• View gallery

Posted 18 May 2015 - 12:27 PM

View Postandrewhake, on 09 May 2015 - 05:07 PM, said:

Old thread but thanks for posting this. :thumbup: About to pull mine. And for the people wondering why someone would want to do something so INSANE as pulling the 2nd O2 sensor once it is disabled. The sensor can overheat in a test pipe, break off, and forever live in your exhaust and probably damage it.

Hahaha. People get so fighty over the internet...

LOL man this is a funny thread from ages ago. Yes my logic was the same as yours. Sensors wear out, no need to leave it in. Mine has been happily removed for a while now..

Ads by Google   S2KI

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users