S2000 Engine Management Engine management topics, map and advice.

disable secondary o2 sensor in flashpro

Old 03-07-2011, 07:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For future users of flashpro manager:

Click options -> click show advanced parameters
go to Misc under Calibrations and uncheck "Secondary ECT sensor"

Boom, done.
Old 03-07-2011, 10:06 AM

Received 177 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by Swiftoy
Maybe you enjoy getting under a car all the time or maybe you have access to a lift I don't! It's very easy to remove no doubt but is Pretty F*****g simple to just disable with the software uncheck the box and your done and leave well enough alone. To each there own.
The point is, if it's disabled, why even leave it in? That makes zero sense to me. If it's a pita to unplug fine, leave it in, but otherwise it makes no sense to leave it in (extra weight! ). If you're running a straight pipe, your car won't pass emissions (assuming your county/state cares about emissions), and you'll have to get under the car to reinstall the cat come emissions time anyway, and the o2 can be connected then/left in the cat in the first place.. If you want to leave your secondary o2 in for no apparent reason, I could careless, but it makes plenty of sense to remove it.

W00t, I'm not sure why you're posting the same info again. No one is asking HOW to disable it, but if you REMOVE/UNPLUG it completely, will it throw a code?
Old 03-07-2011, 10:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SlowTeg
The point is, if it's disabled, why even leave it in? That makes zero sense to me. If it's a pita to unplug fine, leave it in, but otherwise it makes no sense to leave it in (extra weight! ). If you're running a straight pipe, your car won't pass emissions (assuming your county/state cares about emissions), and you'll have to get under the car to reinstall the cat come emissions time anyway, and the o2 can be connected then/left in the cat in the first place.. If you want to leave your secondary o2 in for no apparent reason, I could careless, but it makes plenty of sense to remove it.

W00t, I'm not sure why you're posting the same info again. No one is asking HOW to disable it, but if you REMOVE/UNPLUG it completely, will it throw a code?

I was responding to you that is why I stated it again it was a response! Get under the car unplug it, plug your test pipe up disable the sensor and see if it works seems pretty easy and let us know. Have a good day.
Old 03-07-2011, 11:19 AM

I was responding to you that is why I stated it again it was a response! Get under the car unplug it, plug your test pipe up disable the sensor and see if it works seems pretty easy and let us know.
Thanks for the novel idea. I fully intend to do this, should I not get a response by the time I'm looking to install the test pipe (in a few weeks). How about you stop posting the same nonsense over and over and perhaps someone will post with the answer to my question? You do understand that not everyone reads these forums everyday, right? Btw, I would suggest attending your (high school?) or college english classes, as your gibberish is barely understandable.

So I'll ask this question in hopes that someone will know the answer and I don't have to try it myself: Will the secondary o2 sensor throw a code if it's been completely removed/unplugged when it's disabled in the software?
Old 03-08-2011, 05:50 AM

Thanks for the novel idea. I fully intend to do this, should I not get a response by the time I'm looking to install the test pipe (in a few weeks). How about you stop posting the same nonsense over and over and perhaps someone will post with the answer to my question? You do understand that not everyone reads these forums everyday, right? Btw, I would suggest attending your (high school?) or college english classes, as your gibberish is barely understandable.

So I'll ask this question in hopes that someone will know the answer and I don't have to try it myself: Will the secondary o2 sensor throw a code if it's been completely removed/unplugged when it's disabled in the software?

Here is some HS or college english you can understand SHOVE IT UP YOUR A$$!!! I'm many many years removed from school little man. Try to have a better life.
Old 03-08-2011, 06:42 AM

Here is some HS or college english you can understand SHOVE IT UP YOUR A$$!!! I'm many many years removed from school little man. Try to have a better life.
Very good. You used proper punctuation and didn't have any misspellings. Clearly I wasn't the only one w/ this question retard, and I'll post up the answer when I get it probably over in the hondata forum. You're the retard who created this thread because you couldn't find the checkbox for disabling it and didn't have the common sense to use google before wasting bandwidth here. I'm merely trying to ask a more constructive question (and less obvious/intuitive), so please, just STFU and stop posting.

Perhaps you're "many many" years past school.. so I can only assume you're getting to the senile stage, and I offer my condolences.
Old 03-08-2011, 07:07 AM

Very good. You used proper punctuation and didn't have any misspellings. Clearly I wasn't the only one w/ this question retard, and I'll post up the answer when I get it probably over in the hondata forum. You're the retard who created this thread because you couldn't find the checkbox for disabling it and didn't have the common sense to use google before wasting bandwidth here. I'm merely trying to ask a more constructive question (and less obvious/intuitive), so please, just STFU and stop posting.

Perhaps you're "many many" years past school.. so I can only assume you're getting to the senile stage, and I offer my condolences.
If a moderator is reading this can you please lock this thread since I started it. This has clearly gone in the wrong direction it makes no sense to continue, and argue behind a keyboard, if in person it would be a different story.

Go start your own thread.
Old 03-08-2011, 07:17 AM

Answer from Hondata:

"If you disable the secondary o2 sensor then it can be unplugged / removed."
Old 03-08-2011, 07:34 AM

For whatever it is worth don't forget to cap or tape up the other end of the plug to keep debris from ruining it from being exposed.
Old 03-31-2011, 06:47 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

HAHA!!!!

Best thread I have read in a while

Quick Reply: disable secondary o2 sensor in flashpro